Modern Warfare 2 - PC getting the console treatment

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
While this will be a fantastic game, a warning for PC users... there's no server list or dedicated servers. So no joining a specific set of servers you always like to play on... no browsing a server list with specific mods enabled or certain things disabled like air strikes.

Just console style matchmaking.

Very lame, and will probably save me $60 as a result.

I hate matchmaking. This crap started with Halo 2 and somehow game companies think we prefer that THEY pick regulated matches for us, as opposed to letting us join our own servers and make our own crazy game styles. Still this won't really affect me because if I am getting this game it'll be for the 360. But yeah, screw matchmaking!

I only play console shooters now, because I was never good with the keyboard and mouse. I will still sign the petition, but have to wait til I get home because game type sites are blocked at work.

I always liked dedicated when I played PC games and could select anything u wanted and even have custom maps, but that all looks like it's going to end soon:(

I will have MW2 on 360 at midnite launch, still best online experience besides the Pc, now if I only mute all the lil 10-13yrs kids that jump on playing an M rated game, what happen to good parenting LOL.

X360 tag: xcaliba007

The petition only mentions "dedicated server mode" and does not say anything about "no server browser".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: infinity ward

Get Infinity Ward to review their decision not to allow fully dedicated servers for their forthcoming game release CoD:MW2. Remember that this Call of Duty was made popular by PC Gamers who have supported the series throughout.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

I always liked dedicated when I played PC games and could select anything u wanted and even have custom maps, but that all looks like it's going to end soon:(

I will have MW2 on 360 at midnite launch, still best online experience besides the Pc, now if I only mute all the lil 10-13yrs kids that jump on playing an M rated game, what happen to good parenting LOL.

X360 tag: xcaliba007

Set your voice to friends only and then you don't have to listen to them anymore.

The petition only mentions "dedicated server mode" and does not say anything about "no server browser".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: infinity ward

Get Infinity Ward to review their decision not to allow fully dedicated servers for their forthcoming game release CoD:MW2. Remember that this Call of Duty was made popular by PC Gamers who have supported the series throughout.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

One implies the other, you can't have a dedicated server with xyz mods/maps enabled and disabled and have some restrictive matchmaking hope to fill it up, needs to be a means to browse and filter those servers.

PC Users are getting the console treatment except in one main area: Being able to take advantage of retailers breaking the release date:

Modern Warfare 2 officially goes on sale tomorrow, with some retailers holding special midnight openings to take advantage of the hype, and if you're a PC gamer you might as well wait: As Bowling noted, the PC version of the game will remain locked and unplayable until then.

The Escapist : News : Modern Warfare 2 Street Date Falls Apart

IW said that PC users do get special treatment in the form is mouse and keyboard controls and text chat.

Wow.

The exact question/quote:

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Having recently played The Force Unleashed on PC, I guess graphic settings arent always a given anymore? Just a resolution setting, that's it for that game :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts