More PTAT Questions

EAGLES

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
When I choose "save series" option from a completed PTAT show, I was told that it will now be set to save that particuar show each week from the PTAT recordings. Is this correct?
I've had my hopper for less tha a week so I haven't had it long enough to see for myself. The reason I ask is that once I did this for some shows in the PTAT menu, they continue to give me that option even though I already selected it. It got me thinking that the option at that point should be to disable the save series. Which got me thinking: How do you turn off that option? Doing my best not to ramble here:) So, does it automatically save it each week? Can it be turned off?
Also, Is there a reason why my PTAT shows saved into "my recordings" are not showing up in my EHD transfer screen? Are they somehow still on the PTAT partition even though they have been saved? All of my manual & guide generated recordings show up.
Any thoughts on either of these issues? Thanks.

To cancel something that you set to save series just delete thge time that was created.
They wont show to transfer to EHD until they are deleted from PTAT, after 8 days

To cancel something that you set to save series just delete thge time that was created.
They wont show to transfer to EHD until they are deleted from PTAT, after 8 days

I still don't understand "save series". I now notice that when I choose this option, it creates a seperate DVR timer for that show for all new & reruns????????????? So the save series just creates a dvr timer for that show. It does not automatically save PTAT shows to "my recordings" each week. Is that correct?. Do you have to manually save PTAT shows to the hopper HD that I want to keep each week before they are automtically deleted?

First I set the PTAT time-out to 3 days to "free" them for transfer to EHDs earlier--just not nervy enough for 2 days, yet.

"Save Series" means it will not move that show to the Deleted Shows (Trash/Recycle bin) at end of that period and deleted a week later.
The show will be listed in both My Recordings and PTAT until that time and remains in My Recordings.
Save does this for one occurrence while Save Series conveniently does it for the show and future ones.
I wish there a way to "promote" a show from PTAT to only My Recordings immediately so I could EHD save it then.
BTW, if you click on the show and select Edit you will find its size is 0.00GB until it has expired its PTAT time because it is still part of the PTAT stream for the channel. I would like to see the size but it must be broken out for that.
So it is a good to go through the PTAT list every few days and ensure the (S) badge is on each recording that you do not want deleted at expiration. These are my observations sans any sources.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)