Move hopper from one side to the other side of a room

Grammyval

Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
Hello. I want to change the furniture around in my living room and there is a coaxial receptacle already installed in the wall. My question is, will the hopper work in that place or will I have to pay Dish to come to my house to do it? Thanks.

You need to have them come move it for you unless you know for sure that connection is 3Ghz rated cable and it has a high pass freq barrel in the plate and not a low pass plus you have to switch the connections at the node on the host connection part of it to run to that new location.

Custom work isn't cheap depending on the need and I think that will run about $50 which again isn't bad if you want something done right.

The outlet might be able to be used, but there will have to be some changes made elsewhere in the house to swap the cables at their other ends.

There's no high voltage stuff but you need to be able to find the other end of the cables for both the existing outlet and the destination outlet and switch them. It isn't rocket science and if you know where everything is, it will only take a few minutes.

If you don't know where the cables go, it could take a rather long time and you would be better off having it done.

Ok thanks for the info ??
As a former Dish tech, there is one piece of advice I gave all customers who seemed "handy"....That is PLEASE do not tamper with the equipment.
Unless you have experience with installing or servicing satellite equipment, you would be wise to allow a Dish tech to do the work.

unless you have a way to tone the lines out such as toners and its little box or a fox and hound system, it can make finding the right cable to hook up time consuming and rather maddening if there is a bunch of coax runs to where your node is hooked up. now if you have a simple set up like a hopper and joey then leave the clinet port alone and start swapping in coax if it has a connector on until you find the right one. now if you have set up that has a tap hidden someplace, a bunch of joeys or a super joey call dish and get a tech out there.
the hopper always connects to the host port on the node and the client port is for your joeys and this can have a splitter on it to feed signal to the joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)