Moved 61.5 to 129 for locals and lost RSNs

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
When Gainesville HD LILs were turned on this week I swung my 61.5 dish over to 129. I noticed this morning that I'm no longer getting my RSNs in HD, SunSports and FSFlorida. These must have been on 61.5 only. Why would E* add our locals to 129 and keep RSNs on 61.5? Do they expect me to get a dish 1000 plus a wing dish at 61.5?

When Gainesville HD LILs were turned on this week I swung my 61.5 dish over to 129. I noticed this morning that I'm no longer getting my RSNs in HD, SunSports and FSFlorida. These must have been on 61.5 only. Why would E* add our locals to 129 and keep RSNs on 61.5? Do they expect me to get a dish 1000 plus a wing dish at 61.5?

Right now that's the only way to get them. You need to be pointed at both 129 and 61.5. Why they haven't added the FL RSNs to 129 is a mystery. Call and complain to E*. It's just another example of screwy things E* does.

Yeah, I've had an eye on this since they lit up Tally (the 1st FL city on 129). Dish may not realize they did this... simple as that.
Personally, I doubt a phone complaint will make it's way up to where it matters. It might take an email to the CEO address to get their attention.
If you decide to go that route, let us know about any response.

I did send an email to ceo@ and will post if I get a reply. I'm also in the middle of a chat with a csr. I will post it when I finish. It is pretty comical.

That does seem dumb. I had a dish at 61.5 and another at 110/119 until Fox Sports SW came online at 129. I had to swing my dish over to 129 (or get a Dish1000) but at least I could've done it with 1 dish.

I had the same thing happen to me a few years back. After 5 days I called DirecTV and haven't looked back since.

I finally finished the online chat and have an installer coming in the morning to install a Dish 1000 and move my wing dish back to 61.5. They wanted to charge me $99 the other day to install a 1000 but this lady did it for free. I left out the part where they actually got it done because it was kind of boring and there is personal info in there but the first part of the chat was funny. This guy ended up sending me to someone in tech support and she knew what she was doing for the most part.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Sam D.
(03) Sam D: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Sam D: Thank you for your time and patience.
Me: I moved my 61.5 dish to 129 to receive my locals that were turned on this week but now I have lost SunSports and FSFlorida HD since they are on 61.5
(03) Sam D: I will be glad to assist you with your concern.
(03) Sam D: Let me see what I can do for you, please give me a minute.
(03) Sam D: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Sam D: I am sorry for the delay.
(03) Sam D: I see that SunSports is available only on Latino Max channels.
Me: What? It's available in Classic Bronze 100+ and up
Me: I still have the SD version but have lost the HD feed
(03) Sam D: You can view only the SD version on Classic Bronze 100 plus channel.
(03) Sam D: However, it is not available in HD.
Me: plus I have HD Silver package and I've had the HD versions all along
Me: yes it is, I've had it for years
(03) Sam D: If you have Classic Silver 200 with Silver HD package then you will receive the following HD channels:
ABC FAMILY HD
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT HD
CARTOON NETWORK HD
CNBC HD
CNN HD
DISCOVERY HD
DISNEY CHANNEL HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
ESPNEWS HD
FOOD NETWORK HD
HD THEATER HD
HDNET
HISTORY CHANNEL HD
HOME & GARDEN TV HD
LIFETIME HD
PALLADIA HD
SCI-FI CHANNEL HD
THE LEARNING CHANNEL HD
THE TRAVEL CHANNEL HD
THE WEATHER CHANNEL HD
TURNER BROADCAST SYSTEM HD
TURNER NETWORK TELEVISION HD
USA NETWORK HD
ANIMAL PLANET HD
BRAVO HD
COLLEGE SPORTS TV HD
GOLF CHANNEL HD
LIFETIME MOVIE NETWORK HD
NFL NETWORK HD
TOON DISNEY HD
WGN AMERICA HD
Me: those are the national HD channels, there are also many rsn's available depending on where you live
Me: Regional
Sports Network TurboHD Channel #
CSN West 409 HD
Altitude 410 HD
FSN Prime Ticket 411 HD
FSN Rocky Mountain 414 HD
FSN Arizona 415 HD
FSN Southwest 416 HD
FSN West 417 HD
FSN Midwest 418 HD
CSN Bay Area 419 HD
FSN South 420 HD
Sun Sports 422 HD
FSN Florida 423 HD
CSN Mid-Atlantic 424 HD
FSN Ohio 425 HD
FSN Northwest 426 HD
FSN Cincinnati 427 HD
FSN Pittsburgh 428 HD
CSN Chicago 429 HD
FSN Detroit 430 HD
Sports Time Ohio 431 HD
New Engla
(03) Sam D: Please give me a minute.
Me: that list is from dishnetwork.com
Me: and there were more below that that it didn't paste
(03) Sam D: If you want to get all the RSNs in HD you need to add Multi Sports package.
Me: but as you can see SunSports and FSN Florida are both available in HD
(03) Sam D: The cost of Multi Sports package is $5.99 a month.
Me: I don't want all of them I just want the two that I qualify for with my package, SunSports and FSN Florida
Me: in HD
(03) Sam D: I see that you do not qualify for SunSports and FSN Florida HD with the package which you have.
Me: yes, I do, what package do you show me having?
(03) Sam D: You need to have Multi Sports package in order to receive both the channels in HD.
(03) Sam D: You have Classic Silver 200 with Silver HD.
Me: no, with the 100+ package and up you receive the rsn's for your area without having to have the multi-sport package, I have the classic silver 200 with HD
Me: my rsn's are included in classive silver 200 with silver hd
Me: I have had them all along, I just need to know what needs to be done to get sunports and fsn florida back in HD
(03) Sam D: You need to have multi sports pack to get these channels in HD.
Me: no, I don't, they are included in classic silver 200 with silver hd
Me: check your website
(03) Sam D: Let me check that for you once again, please give me a minute.
(03) Sam D: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Sam D: When you go to whose HD channel do you see any error message or does it skip to another channel or do you see a message on it?
(03) Sam D: those*
Me: they are not listed in the guide because they are on satellite 61.5 and I'm now pointed at 129 instead to get my locals
(03) Sam D: As this is a technical issue, you need to speak to our technical department to get the issue resolved.
(03) Sam D: Before I transfer this chat to our technical department is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me: no
(03) Sam D: Please be online while I get you connected to the technical department.

bowens, I know this is now a moot point, but somewhere else you asked about transponder 13. This morning I finally got around to repointing my dish to 129 and I'm seeing 51 on that beam.

Let us know how it went.

Well, the installer showed up about 8:15 Saturday which was good. Everything works now but I wasn't real happy with his work. I'm not going to complain or anything but it's just not the way I would have liked it. I had the two dishes and on one pole was one of the grey boxes to hold the diplexer and all of that good stuff. He got rid of that and screwed all of that stuff to the side of my house, right through the vinyl siding. That would not have been my first choice but oh well. Also, I know it's nothing to do with him but I don't like the new orange cabling they have to use now. It is very noticeable. But he told me that any cable that is buried has to be that orange stuff now.

But anyway, everything is working now so I'm happy. He put in a 1000.2 and I moved my wing dish back to 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)