Moved a couple miles and now no local channels...HELP!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I attached some pictures of where the dish is pointing. Let me know.

It is difficult to tell from pictures, but are you sure that the mast is plumb? This is critical to the dish receiving signals properly. Also, are you sure you are pointing the dish correctly? You say you are getting signals on 101 only. Are you getting the channels that you should from 101, like CNN or ESPN in sd.

It really does look like the mast is not plumb, it almost looks as if the part that is supposed to be plumb is off several degrees.

But yes I am receiving all the regular channels. I get every channel except the locals. All the HBO's the MLB ticket, ESPN, CNN, MTV. All those are working fine, just my locals say searching for signal.

O.K. what do you mean by the mast being plumb. I can fix that however it is needed.?

The upper part of the mast, where the dish mounts, must be plumb, or perfectly vertical. Otherwise the dish will not point properly. I think that is where your problem is.

The upper part of the mast, where the dish mounts, must be plumb, or perfectly vertical. Otherwise the dish will not point properly. I think that is where your problem is.

Have you had a chance to check the mast for plumb yet?

I was out of town until today. I will get out there after work and give it a check. I will then let you know. Thanks for the help. I hope this is it.

O.K. I am back with still no resolution. I tried to live without the local channels because I couldn't get them to work. I just got a new Directv DV-R plus, when I was going through the initial setup I ran into a problem. Like my other receiver told me, it said that I was running a circle dish with one LNB, when in reality I am working with an oval dish with 3LNB. I have run through just about everything and yes I tried getting a new triple LNB, no luck and the mast of the dish is plumb. Are there any other reasons that I am not receiving the local transponders.. Please help.

From the pics you posted the mast is not plum. If you have since made it plum it looks like the roof or possibly the chimney would block the 119. You should post better/updated pics.

That was the first thing I noticed... it doesn't look like the mast is plumb.... take off your dish and put a level on the mast in a couple places... 90 degrees apart and level out your mast... then check your tilt for your zip code area. If you moved a very short distance than you should not of had to move the tilt... if you did, you might want to move it back...

Move your Dish then already! Level it up ,get a new receiver,Set it to 3lnb setup. And watch tv. Very simple system. Call D* and get some new equipment.

You could also cancel your locals until you save enough $$ to get the protection plan.

Well I was not realizing that everyone was telling me that the entire mast must be plumb, I feel real dumb. When I do that I have no chance of getting any service because then the chimney blocks all channels. I guess I am going to have to move the dish in front of the chimney.

Well I have to give everyone who contributed a big thanks. I finally accomplished my task and now have the local channels. After a long day and a lot of frustration I leveled my dish back where I had it, when I still had no signal I got frustrated and gave it a little punch upward. To my surprise the signal went from 0 to 50. I did this about four more times and now I am at 90 on local and all other channels. Must've just needed a little nudge. Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts