"moving" ? to get baseball

jasondaub

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I am a Phillis fan living in the Philly area, so I get no baseball games. Tell me where I can move so that I can get the most baseball games, so at least I have something to watch all summer. I could care less if it is an AL or NL team. I know the DC area would get me 2 teams, is there any other area that would get me 2 or more?
Thanks!

I am a Phillis fan living in the Philly area, so I get no baseball games. Tell me where I can move so that I can get the most baseball games, so at least I have something to watch all summer. I could care less if it is an AL or NL team. I know the DC area would get me 2 teams, is there any other area that would get me 2 or more?
Thanks!

There are places in PA that will get you 4 or more teams if you do it right... Phils, Pirates, Yankees, Mets, Orioles and Nats are all in that area.

Some places in CT will get you Yankees and Red Sox, too, at least with cable.

I do not understand, if your a Phillies fan, and you live in Philadelpha, how come you can't you get your favorite teams games?

Where might this be?

There are places in PA that will get you 4 or more teams if you do it right... Phils, Pirates, Yankees, Mets, Orioles and Nats are all in that area.

I do not understand, if your a Phillies fan, and you live in Philadelpha, how come you can't you get your favorite teams games?

Comcast owns the RSN in philly and will not allow satellite companies to carry it. Unlike most RSNs this one is distributed terrestrially and they cn do it. ,

Impossible, cant be done with Dish, because Dish doesn't carry YES, YES is the only station that carries Yankee Baseball

You can move anywhere in Iowa and get six teams (Royals, Cardinals, Twins, Brewers, White Sox, Cubs).

You can move to somewhere around the Charlotte area (where I'm at) and get four teams (Braves, Orioles, Nationals, and Reds).

I think around Buffalo and Jamestown, NY, you can get Pirates, Indians, and Mets

I think that's about right. In Buffalo, you can get those three as well (if I'm remembering correctly) and would also get the Yankees -- IF DISH carried YES. :rolleyes:

Thanks for everything, everyone.
That map sure is interesting.
Ayone have a town for either of 2 places:
1. the place for the 4 teams of WAS, BAL, PHI, and PIT (north of Baltimore?)
2. the place for the 4 teams of WAS, BAL, CIN, and ATL (someplace around Charlotte?)

york or lancaster, pa

I'm new here but I live outside York, PA and I think we get Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Washington. Not sure about Philadelphia.

Also, this is the first summer i'll have dish but I have the sports pack and the 200 plan. Will I get Pirates games on FSn Pittsburgh this summer??

While I am being greedy, I also would want a place that has at least the 3 or 4 majors on HD. I guess that leaves me looking at either Dc or New York now. Anymore suggestions before the moving van pulls out of the house?

I really, really, really cannot believe this!! I was thinking of moving to an area in Pennsylvania where I would get all four teams but I guess the Phillies are technically like the Yankees (in that you won't see many of their games on DISH). I thought DISH carried Comcast in Philadelphia because when I put in addresses to verify, I would get the Comcast network. Now, I realize that it must have been referring to D.C. I wondered about this all along. I may move to Iowa now (but i just hate to lose those Nationals). I also want to be somewhere where I can get more than one NHL team. Here (outside of Charlotte), I can only get the Hurricanes. Now, the NHL doesn't black out the replays of the Thrashers (so I technically get them when I want to sit up and watch them).

Cade

This might not be that helpful (I hope it is), but you can look at the broadcasting schedules of the MLB teams on their websites. I know that I was thinking about "moving" to Mobile, Alabama where I could keep the Braves but also get the Marlins and Rays (sort of excited about the Rays) -- However, a lot of the Rays games are on the ION network for that area. So, I would be losing baseball in a way (compared to what I have now). Plus, I already get four teams -- the Braves, Nationals, Orioles, and Reds. The only thing is that I don't have Multi-Sport. If it looks like the alternate networks aren't going to be carrying many Reds games, I think I'll upgrade to it for baseball season. I heard you could catch the last inning or so of many games (which would definitely be cool).

I guess you can take my "place" in Charlotte, since I'll hopefully be off to NY for the Mets on SNY again. :D

NICE TRUCK! :D I saw the pictures after following the link below. I really like the Tundra and am thinking of getting one myself. I currently have a four-door Frontier that I don't plan to part with -- I've had it since 2001, it gets great gas mileage and drives like a dream (still) -- it's like part of the family.

Cade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)