"moving" ? to get baseball

Charlotte would be perfect for me, with 4 teams, 3 of them in the National League, and the HD locals. The only problem I see is my locals from Philly are pointed at 61.5, and Charrlotte is at 118. I know NOTHING about this stuff. What would I lose moving the 61.5 one to the 118 one, and is it even possible/easy to get up on the roof and move it. I had Dish install it. Thanks everyone!

You can move anywhere in Iowa and get six teams (Royals, Cardinals, Twins, Brewers, White Sox, Cubs).

True, but only with the Multi-RSN package. Where I'm at I seem to get all of them except the Twins without the Multi-RSN. :mad:

I also want to be somewhere where I can get more than one NHL team. Here (outside of Charlotte), I can only get the Hurricanes. Now, the NHL doesn't black out the replays of the Thrashers (so I technically get them when I want to sit up and watch them).

Cade
in iowa youd get blues, wild and blackhawks, although sport pack is reqiured if i recall correctly

moving to get baseball

My question is if a receiver is on an account in Massachusetts but the receiver is located in Missouri would this receiver work. I know there will be no locals, but would sports channels and others channels. I have two primary receivers here just wondering if adding one to another account would it work in my house.

Now, i live in southern MN, right near the grey area btw MN & the MN, MIL border. Will MIL. games automatically show up on a different rsn (FSN Wisconsin i believe) or do i need to inform the csr that i'm in that area? this whole multi-rsn areas are kind of confusing me. Or, do i need to subscribe to the multi sports pak to just get Milwaukee?

are you saying uhf that you get Royals, Cardinals, Brewers, White Sox, & the Cubs, just for living in iowa, but don't get the twins?? And are there 5 different RSN's??

I think the others show up on one of the alternate networks. And the Twins can be seen in Iowa. There are six teams - similar to Vegas.

I live in Iowa and for the past couple of years the Royals games have always been blacked out.

possible "moving" ?

My locals from Philly are pointed at 61.5, and Charlotte is at 118. I know NOTHING about this stuff. What would I lose moving the 61.5 one to the 118 one, and is it even possible/easy to get up on the roof and move it. I had Dish install it. I have the dish 500 setup with the 622, and they are pointing at 110-119-61.5. Should I just leave it the way it is and "move" to a place with locals on 61.5 as well, or is it easy and possible to do it?
Thanks everyone!

You can't ,move it, wrong type of lnb on 61.5 dish than what is needed for 118.7. You need a dish 500+ (Plus) type dish and lnb to replace your current dish 500. Then you could get 110, 118.7 and 119 with the 500+

Charlotte would be perfect for me, with 4 teams, 3 of them in the National League, and the HD locals. The only problem I see is my locals from Philly are pointed at 61.5, and Charrlotte is at 118. I know NOTHING about this stuff. What would I lose moving the 61.5 one to the 118 one, and is it even possible/easy to get up on the roof and move it. I had Dish install it. Thanks everyone!

Ouch...hadn't thought about that...but that would be a problem for you there. 118 requires a different dish. You wouldnt be able to use your 61.5 dish to pick up 118, I don't think. I never got the new dish, because I get the CLT locals via OTA.

So I am stuck moving to a place with locals on 61.5? That's only 4 places then I think.
Thanks!

How do you know the difference between a 500 and a 500+?

So I am stuck moving to a place with locals on 61.5? That's only 4 places then I think.
Thanks!

One thing that this map doesn't have is Toronto, which claims all of Canada (and if you are along the boarder, this year CBC will have weekend games so they can be pulled in OTA). Also, Toronto claims that Buffalo is also a local for them, but no Buffalo stations appear to have Jays games from what I can gather...

They don't. I'm a huge Blue Jays fan and this sucks for me... I was going to move to Buffalo at one point figuring I would pull in the Jays on one of the alternate networks -- Thanks to the good people on this forum, though, I learned better before I ever attempted to move. Living in Georgia, I'm thinking the only way I could see them (on television) is one of the Canadian providers or D*.

Thanks!

Do you stand any chance of getting your Philly locals via antenna? I know I get Charlotte with just a small indoor antenna. Obviously there are a whole lot of variables whether that would work for you, but if it did, then you'd only have to worry about which sat the sports channels were on, and not have to worry about getting the locals from where you "move". Just a thought.

Nope, no chance with an antenna.I'm out in the middle of nowhere under mountains, so I tried but can't get anything.

"Please Pay" message

I keep getting a message to please make a payment immediately to avoid loss of service, with an "866" number to make a payment. My account actually has a credit balance. When I contacted the CSR, she told me to ignore it three times and it will go away. I have sinve gotten it five time, including during a DVR recording. :mad: Any suggestions? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts