Moving to new house - Can I upgrade to Hopper w/Sling at the same time?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I'm moving to a new house this weekend and am getting ready to schedule "DishMover" to come and install a dish at my new house.

I'm also VERY interested in the new Hopper w/sling.

However, I just upgraded to the regular Hopper a couple of months ago...

I'm not sure if the new Hopper is even released yet, but if so can I upgrade and move my installation to my new house at the same time?

I'm moving to a new house this weekend and am getting ready to schedule "DishMover" to come and install a dish at my new house.

I'm not sure if the new Hopper is even released yet, but if so can I upgrade and move my installation to my new house at the same time?

The new Hopper with Sling isn't even released yet and I'm sure you would be subject to an upgrade fee and contract.

I'm sure the installer if in-house would be more than happy to sell you a sling adapter to satiate your need for Tv on the go.

OK - Thanks for the replies.

I was interested in Hopper Transfers which is why I wanted the upgrade. I already have the sling adapter for my current Hopper.

Usually upgrades are limited to once every 12 months.

You can qualify for one much sooner now actually. Its all based on your account standing, how long you've been a customer, and what programming you have. I've qualified someone as close together as just a few months. They changed the rules about a year ago. Best thing to do is just ask and see. You will of course be subject to the $200 upgrade fee if you want the new one and no point in even asking until at least Thursday.

Thanks!

Also, I have another question...

Right now my new house has a DirecTV dish on the roof. I'm expecting the Dish installer to replace it and install the Dish Network sat on the roof as well but what happens if he disagrees and wants it on the ground or side of the house?

My current house is a single-story and the roof is very low (12 feet?) and I had to argue with the installer because he thought it was just "easier" to install sticking out the side of my house and I think it was due to lazyness...

Depending on how your account stands with Dish you should be able to do a Dishmover Receiver Upgrade to the new Hopper with Sling. It may cost you $200 and you'll renew a 24 month commitment.

Thanks!

Right now my new house has a DirecTV dish on the roof. I'm expecting the Dish installer to replace it and install the Dish Network sat on the roof as well but what happens if he disagrees and wants it on the ground or side of the house?

My current house is a single-story and the roof is very low (12 feet?) and I had to argue with the installer because he thought it was just "easier" to install sticking out the side of my house and I think it was due to lazyness...

If I was doing the install, I'd lean toward using the same location as the Direct dish to save time and wiring. Of course its all based on the installers preference and line of site. Tell the installer what you prefer and go from there.

Well Aaron i bet you have to wait until thursday because that is when they start taking orders once the new hopper with sling is released i think.

Thanks!

The other thing, dish requires certain standards when installing a dish. And actually dish installers aren't even supposed to touch or remove the old direct dish. It really all depends on the installer and the type of dish and mount that was left and the one that you are getting. Not all mounts are created equal.

we are no longer allowed to install dishes on roofs. we can be fired for even getting on the roof. the overhang is perfectly acceptable. since he wont be allowed to remove the direct tv dish (unless he is willing to break the rules for you to be nice), he may not even look at the verhang of the roof as a first option. easier doesnt mean lazy. we are extremely overbooked most days. our jobs are in jeopardy if we take too long on installs. also a dish that can be reached is easier to service, especially in the winter. it is also easier for you to access to wipe the snow off.

we are no longer allowed to install dishes on roofs. we can be fired for even getting on the roof. the overhang is perfectly acceptable. since he wont be allowed to remove the direct tv dish (unless he is willing to break the rules for you to be nice), he may not even look at the verhang of the roof as a first option. easier doesnt mean lazy. we are extremely overbooked most days. our jobs are in jeopardy if we take too long on installs. also a dish that can be reached is easier to service, especially in the winter. it is also easier for you to access to wipe the snow off.

Who you working for? Because in-house has not been told this. Overhang is still #2 on priority list with direct to wall above it.

i am in-house. you have not been told you can't climb on roofs or mount over a living area? i was stating that direct to wall would be looked at first before overhang.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)