Moving to Riverview FL

saea501

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2004
I would think I'll be using eastern arc.....could anyone provide coordinates and which satellite to peak on?

Thanks.

Click on this link and enter your new address. Then select the "Multi-LNB Setups" drop down list and select the Dish antenna you're using. All of the needed info will be listed. If you are currently using the western arc, you'll need a different LNB for the eastern arc. Peak on 72.7...

1. If you can see both arcs, tell the installer you want the Western ARC. (Or if doing it yourself) Less rain fade.

2. You are in one of the best areas anywhere to get most all the locals OTA. So many transmitting towers are right there. Doubtful you would need an outdoor antenna for most.

I agree, the western arc would be the better choice for the Tampa DMA if the dish location can see it. Fortunately, both arcs carry the locals in HD there.

I'm currently in northeast Ohio, nearly the same location longitudinally as where I am moving to and I am on the western arc now. So I would think I could see western from the new place. I'd rather use western at the new house with regard to installation and the way the house sits. Just want to make sure I buy the right dish.

Have you already checked at the property itself to see if you have line of site? Are your new locals on the Western Arc?

I have line of sight for either eastern or western arc. I don't know if Tampa locals are on the WA. WA would be an easier set up for me as I have a home owner's assn to deal with (ass ache) so I would very much like to be able to go WA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)