MSG and FSN HD ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elkiehound

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
This is from the Directv press release on RSN in July regarding HD channels

Coming mid October '06: Madison Square Garden, FSN NY, Sun Sports, FSN Ohio, HD Net(Sports)

Anyone know if these are on track, especially MSG and FSN NY ?

Is hockey season Friday !

...this one always shocked me. Cablevision wouldn't seem to be the nicest play pals for D*.

I haven't heard anything definitive either way, but it's still a head-scratcher to me.

I hope nobody minds me bumping this thread. But my cable company doesn't have MSG or FSN in HD and if I have to switch to I will.

So...any news?

Ya, and what about Fox Sports New England, celtics start soon. None of the preseason games have been in hd so far.

Since the Dolans Own FSNY , MSG and Cablevision I seriously doubt you will EVER see FSNY-HD & MSG-HD on Directv, as long as they own cablevision that is, theres a rumor they they might sell Cablevision to TimeWarner. Then Maybe we will see these channels, MAYBE!

Verizon has a better chance of carrying those channels than D* or E* since CV doesn't transmit those channels via satellite. The good old terrestrial HD loop hole to screw Satellite providers, as Comcast has done in Philly.

Just be a little patient (little is a key word here). FSNY and MSG in HD will be on shortly. I have heard the date - but with the troll here in this thread I won't put it out - heavens forbid they be a hour late.

If you notice, the "only on cable, never on satellite" thing has been dropped this year. Add to that, Comcast has finally cut a deal and it looks like a possibility.

I called D* today and was told they do indeed carry those games in HD, but the person I talked to wasn't very convincing.

This SILENCE about MSG, FSNY HD coming to Directv is Deafening!!!!

Come on D* The ONLY RSN-HD we are getting in NYC now is a occasional NETS Home game,
and they are a New Jersey Team!!!!

Agghhh

Last edited:
This SILENCE about MSG, FSNY HD coming to Directv is Deafening!!!!

Come on D* The ONLY RSN-HD we are getting in NYC now is a occasional NETS Home game,
and they are a New Jersey Team!!!!

Agghhh

Aren't you getting the Nets games in hd on YES?

Sorry, I didn't read your whole post! Stupid me!

Last edited:
i have been monitoring this situation for a while now. i called directv a number of times and they said we will be getting games in hd from msg and fsny soon. they didnt give me a date. i have been going on directv's web site eveyday and checking the local rsn's in hd area. today they changed the listing when you enter your zip code. before it used to say msg sd only. now it says rangers and knicks hd available. i dont know if that means anything but i hope to see some rangers hockey in hd soon.

Just be a little patient (little is a key word here). FSNY and MSG in HD will be on shortly. I have heard the date - but with the troll here in this thread I won't put it out - heavens forbid they be a hour late.

Well its Now November 19th ScoBuck!!, One month after your Post

Whats going on with MSG-HD on Directv ???!!!!

Can someone post a link to the press release about MSG? I too would like this channel and am disappointed it is not available yet. I wanted to cancel DTV and move to cable because of this, however I'm under an agreement because I took a rebate on an HDDVR in April.

The Knicks have been in HD on channel 95, 2 times, both times they were not the MSG feed, so blacked out for me and others in the tri-state area. The Rangers have been on as well, but Versus HD feed, so it's national and not blacked out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts