Multiple DVR question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jhill007

Original poster
May 17, 2010
satelliteville
If I have two HR23 dvrs, can i view shows from one dvr to the other via my network?

after reading up on MRV service, it seems that i may have jumped the gun when ordering two HD-DVRs.

i just hard-wire networked my house so that I could view content from one box to another, but from what i have read on the forums the MRV service is only for viewing HR2* to H2* boxes.

is this true?

Last edited:
You can go HR2x to H2x or HR2x to HR2x, no problem. The beta will still be good for a few days, so give it a try (enable under Multiroom on the setup menu of both DVRs).

ok thanks. i am mainly trying to get everything prepared. i am not getting direct installed until the 29th. i already have the network run and would like to just use that if possible. can directv's "standard" receiver link to my network?

ok thanks. i am mainly trying to get everything prepared. i am not getting direct installed until the 29th. i already have the network run and would like to just use that if possible. can directv's "standard" receiver link to my network?

It will depend on WHAT recvr your getting as a STANDARD recvr.
The H20's do not have network capabilities. (I have one, the HR 20's did, but not the h20).

btw, you can always pull up the User Guides on D* website !

The beta for MRV is shutting down tomorrow. You will need to call and activate it at $3.00 per month.

I just got my message to I am not going to pay 3 dollars a month until next fall when all of the shows come on.
Is there rules about turn it on and off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)