My Current Dish Want List Spring 2013

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
1) They kiss and make up with Disney/ABC/ESPN and get all the HD content back including ESPNU HD, before football season

2) A Roku app for streaming all those videos at Dish Anywhere. The sat box interface is just a pain and I'd imagine many don't have their computers connected to their TV. There is a Blockbuster Roku app but my Dish log on doesn't work for it.

3) A Dish Anywhere smart phone app. I know they have a Dish app for controlling your DVRs and slinging content but I'd rather not pay for that equipment when they already have a website set up with a lot of content.

4) Make sure every provider with online on demand is available like HBO Go and Max Go. Showtime Anytime, for instance, is not currently available to Dish subs.

I visited someone with Direct recently and there is much to be thankful for that Dish has done in setting up its remote and on screen guide along with content. I also enjoy the extras I have access to like Blockbuster@Home and Speed2.com. These few things I've listed above would just increase my satisfaction with them that much more.

Wish list....Disney networks in HD as well, but if and when that happens I am guesssing that wont happen till after contract time in September?

Last edited:
Pushing position button on 922 (and Hopper?) remote produces two side by side PIP windows as it does on the 722. This is very cool and I use it a lot during football season ( the only sport I watch). Pushing it a second time closes PIP.

Just off the top of my head.

General:

No more JIP games on HD RSNs, part time HD is workable (less than ideal), but all games must get HD.
More premium/national HD.
Make progress on converting WA customers to MPEG4 receivers to free up bandwidth.

For the Hopper:

Ability to reconnect already paired Bluetooth headphones without having to unpair and re-pair them.
Ability to swap PIP audio source (rather than having to swap video to listen to the other audio stream).
Ability to see EHDs connected to Hopper 1 on Hopper 2.
The advanced remote that was previewed last year with QWERTY keyboard.

Just off the top of my head.

General:

No more JIP games on HD RSNs, part time HD is workable (less than ideal), but all games must get HD.
More premium/national HD.
Make progress on converting WA customers to MPEG4 receivers to free up bandwidth.

For the Hopper:

Ability to reconnect already paired Bluetooth headphones without having to unpair and re-pair them.
Ability to swap PIP audio source (rather than having to swap video to listen to the other audio stream).
Ability to see EHDs connected to Hopper 1 on Hopper 2.
The advanced remote that was previewed last year with QWERTY keyboard.

I have had that issue with headphones too...found out that once the bluetooth and headphones are turned on it takes mine over a minute before it connects...if im impatient I just unpair/pair

It can be a pain

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar