My last UFC Fight Night in SD!!!!

dslate69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2006
NC
Maybe this is like washing your car then it rains. I hope they add it tomorrow for those patiently waiting for DISH to add something.
I wanted to give all those DISH faithful a chance to wish me luck with Directv.
Anyone else, FYI: DISH is not cheaper (at least for me). I am getting 2 HR23's compared to my one 622 and my bill will be $3 cheaper a month. Plus the first year it is $36 cheaper and the second it's $13 cheaper.

I just wish I could have got an install before Saturday. :(

I think its good when people post when they leave a provider as it provides valuable feedback to the satellite companies the reason WHY people are leavin their service.

Unlike calling in and telling them why here thousands of people see whats going on and may consider not choosing a provider for the reason that the member gave which could be a concern of theirs as well.

I too am tired of waiting. Dish used to be the leader but Charlie & Co. have lost their way. I don't know what it's going to take for Dish to realize that it's more important than ever to add HD...HD televisions are in more homes now than ever and Dish is simply not keeping up with the times. They have focused so much on HD Locals which is frustrating to me since most people can get HD locals with an antenna but have no choice with regards to the National HD.

Note the important part of your last statement.

So long. Have fun complaining in a few months about the lack of Travel HD and the premiums in HD.

Why do people that switch have to post in the forum for their old provider?
Of course the last part of my statement lets YOU and anyone else know I am talking from experience. It will be cheaper for me, if you would like for me to post the package I have with DISH and the one I am getting with Directv, I will. I would think the information I posted would be useful to someone.
My question is why would you reply to a thread that obviously doesn't interest you? There is probably a thread where someone is not walking the DISH company line where you are needed to call them a troll.
Since I don't watch Travel much if any or subscibe to any premium that cost more than a penny I will be ok, but let's not forget D* doesn't have lifetime-hd either (and I hope they never do). :up

I think its good when people post when they leave a provider as it provides valuable feedback to the satellite companies the reason WHY people are leavin their service.

Unlike calling in and telling them why here thousands of people see whats going on and may consider not choosing a provider for the reason that the member gave which could be a concern of theirs as well.
Thanks Scott, I will let DISH know why I am leaving when I cancel. I think others have done the same and it did not equate to more HD for me. Maybe I will be the one it takes to get Charlies attention.

Thanks Scott, I will let DISH know why I am leaving when I cancel. I think others have done the same and it did not equate to more HD for me. Maybe I will be the one it takes to get Charlies attention.

It's not clear that Charlie cares but one thing's for sure....if people don't leave Dish but rather hang on hoping for more National HD then Charlie will have absolutely no reason to change his behavior.

The important thing, however, is that you actually did something to correct the problem you had with Dish. You don't have to continually beat yourself up about not having certain HD channels (not saying you were but a lot of people complain because they're upset with themselves for not doing something about the situation).

UFC in HD Was awesome. I used to have Spike HD when i had a Directv sub. To be honest that was the channel i watch 85% of the time. Even then ( about 6 months ago) when Spike HD first launched and they had very little HD stuff the Quality reminded me when HD net first came around. Now im sure they have much more shows in HD.

Im now with dish.My internationals, Spike and VH1 are the only channels i still watch in SD. All my other channels i enjoy watching have HD counter parts. I soon hope to See Spike and VH1 go HD on Dish.. Only a matter of time i guess since they have publicly sad they plan on adding them "soon"

Best of luck to you. I hope you're happy with it. I watch Spike and UFC at every opportunity, and it's Spike and Comedy Central that are keeping me off of an all HD package. But I need the TV2 output to another room b/c I watch a lot of DVR content in both rooms (with a 722). If there was an easy way on DirecTV to do that, let me know...

Best of luck to you. I hope you're happy with it. I watch Spike and UFC at every opportunity, and it's Spike and Comedy Central that are keeping me off of an all HD package. But I need the TV2 output to another room b/c I watch a lot of DVR content in both rooms (with a 722). If there was an easy way on DirecTV to do that, let me know...

Well I had the top 250 +gold hd with one 622 now I will have 2 hr23's for a lot cheaper for the first 2 years and $3 after ($126 out of pocket for the second hr23). But I am gaining HD on the second HDTV (even if your second tv isn't HD this setup would work for you and be ready when you go HD). I was about ready to invest some money in HDMI over coax or some other solution to get HD there anyway, so this worked out great and on the cheap. Right now the 2 HD DVRS can't share recordings but that is coming so until then I will double record the shows I don't need to watch on the 61" with the good surround.
I guess you are trying to accomplish watching something different on the second tv, but if not your can duplicate the 722 in single zone mode for $15 or less.

Can you hook up external hard drives to direct tv.'s receivers? I guess I would miss the extra space to record stuff....that is one reason I am holding on before switching, just bought another external.

Can you hook up external hard drives to direct tv.'s receivers? I guess I would miss the extra space to record stuff....that is one reason I am holding on before switching, just bought another external.

I am no expert on this, yet.
But I know you can hookup an external esata drive that acts like an internal, but I don't know if it then more or less replaces the internal or you still have access to both. Don't know if a usb is possible to archive to; I don't think Directv's work that way.
Any experts on the subject???

I believe DirecTV receivers use an external drive, but it replaces the internal one instead of being an archive.

After watching a show on Speed that I like that just started the 2nd season last night I really would have rather watched it in HD. I'm not quite to the point of switching yet but I agree and have been saying it for a while. Dish needs more national HD. All the seem to care about is local HD which the majority of doesn't benefit us and if people want it that bad just use a antenna. Dish needs to add some additional national HD if they want to keep their current customers.

Speed is the biggest one I'd like to see in HD although I'm not sure there is much hope for that anytime soon. Or many others for that matter. Last year towards the end of the year it was up to soo many channels would be added. However, how many did we see? Hardly any.

There are a few Dish has that Direct Tv doesn't most of which most people don't care about anyway.

Maybe this is like washing your car then it rains. I hope they add it tomorrow for those patiently waiting for DISH to add something.
I wanted to give all those DISH faithful a chance to wish me luck with Directv.
Anyone else, FYI: DISH is not cheaper (at least for me). I am getting 2 HR23's compared to my one 622 and my bill will be $3 cheaper a month. Plus the first year it is $36 cheaper and the second it's $13 cheaper.

I just wish I could have got an install before Saturday. :(
CONGRATULATIONS!!:clap:welcome:clap I did the same as you and have LOVED the switch!! There are some things i miss but a lot more i do not miss!! I still own two 622 and one 942:mad: but could care less the are stored in the closet for now! For Me Directv is not only cheaper but getting better all the TIME!!:up I am sure some of the old timers might be tired of direct and feel they are dragging there feet also. Right now i am very happy sure i would LOVE more HD but i will be patient for now!

Lets face it, they both suck. They are both missing GOOD HD channels. What would be the best ever would be al le carte??? spelling. I mean I watch the big 4 locals and maybe 15-20 nationals. The provider has to pay something I will say 30cents per sub per channel. Charge me $2 a channel that I can chose. I would save money and never ever leave you. Imagine only having the channels you want and not paying for crappy music stations, infomercials and all of the other garbage that 2% of subs watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)