NASCAR 2010 Season

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Only a month until some racing starts and a little over a month until the Daytona 500.

I've been lifelong fan but I can't get excited about it anymore, they've ruined the sport IMHO. :(

NightRyder

Yeah I'm ready I hope Jr 88 does better! It will be interesting to see how Danica Patrick does.

I've been lifelong fan but I can't get excited about it anymore, they've ruined the sport IMHO. :(

NightRyder

I'm with you. The old guys reveared the fans and would sign autographs until the last one in line got one. They don't do that anymore.:(

I just want someone (anyone) other than Jimmy to win this year. I'd LOVE it if it was Mark, but I'm not sure he can have another year like last year. I'm afraid that might have been his last good shot at it (but I hope I'm wrong). I've been a Jr fan since his dad got him put in the Busch car and that made last year tough. I'm just not sure he has the desire anymore. Hard to believe that the season is about to start again, it feels like it just finished!

I just want someone (anyone) other than Jimmy to win this year. I'd LOVE it if it was Mark, but I'm not sure he can have another year like last year. I'm afraid that might have been his last good shot at it (but I hope I'm wrong). I've been a Jr fan since his dad got him put in the Busch car and that made last year tough. I'm just not sure he has the desire anymore. Hard to believe that the season is about to start again, it feels like it just finished!

I think Mark has a GREAT opportunity to Win it :D

I too have been a Jr. fan along with his Dad .... for as long as I can remember.

As much as Dale Jr. has become a joke to Nascar , Danica Patrick will be more of one.

Women better then men?[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-g59wMivc&feature=related"]YouTube- Men vs Women - Tosh.0[/ame]

NASCAR has announced that it will relax some on-track rules, putting racing back in the drivers' hands in 2010.
The changes, which begin with next month's season-opening events at Daytona International Speedway, will allow drivers to be even more competitive.

"Over the past 10 years we've dramatically increased safety and that mission continues. However, it's time for us to allow the drivers to drive. We don't want the rules and regulations to get in the way of great racing and fantastic finishes," France said.
"NASCAR is a contact sport -- our history is based on banging fenders."

Among the changes:
Bump-drafting rules will be eliminated at Daytona and Talladega Superspeedway. Teams also will use a bigger restrictor plate at Daytona.
Eliminating bump-drafting rules puts responsibility for on-track moves squarely back in drivers' hands. Larger restrictor plates give drivers more horsepower.
The wing mounted on the rear on the Sprint Cup Series' new car will be replaced with a spoiler. A full-field test is scheduled for March 23-24 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Following that, a decision on when to implement the spoiler will be made based on teams' input. The switch from wing to spoiler will return to a more traditional stock-car look.

It will be interesting to see how this works out. Letting the drivers be the drivers again has the potential to be great! Let's see some fights in the infield!

NASCAR has announced that it will relax some on-track rules, putting racing back in the drivers' hands in 2010.
The changes, which begin with next month's season-opening events at Daytona International Speedway, will allow drivers to be even more competitive.

"Over the past 10 years we've dramatically increased safety and that mission continues. However, it's time for us to allow the drivers to drive. We don't want the rules and regulations to get in the way of great racing and fantastic finishes," France said.
"NASCAR is a contact sport -- our history is based on banging fenders."

Among the changes:
Bump-drafting rules will be eliminated at Daytona and Talladega Superspeedway. Teams also will use a bigger restrictor plate at Daytona.
Eliminating bump-drafting rules puts responsibility for on-track moves squarely back in drivers' hands. Larger restrictor plates give drivers more horsepower.
The wing mounted on the rear on the Sprint Cup Series' new car will be replaced with a spoiler. A full-field test is scheduled for March 23-24 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Following that, a decision on when to implement the spoiler will be made based on teams' input. The switch from wing to spoiler will return to a more traditional stock-car look.
They overreached and overreacted after the death of Dale Earnhardt. If you go back and look at the old school racing you see much better racing. You see better racing today at any local small town race track. While nobody at NASCAR will ever say this, fans want to see a crash . How many crashes did we see last year?

But as they address this issue they need to address another. If Jimmy Johnson wins the championship again will the fans get bored with NASCAR? Some racers struggle just to find a sponsor.

But as they address this issue they need to address another. If Jimmy Johnson wins the championship again will the fans get bored with NASCAR?

Possibly

Some racers struggle just to find a sponsor.

With times as tight as they are, it doesn't surprise me that many Sponsors have cut back (last year) and many are not going to drop as much money as they have in the past, wouildn't surprise me to see many that were majors, drop to a minor location or do a split with another sponsor for the top sponsor of that race (car wise)

If Jimmy Johnson wins the championship again will the fans get bored with NASCAR?
This fan already is....

love the first 26...hardly missed any of it (well them two road races I usually do)
dont watch much of the last 10 because **magically** it seems like Nascar wants JJ to win

oh and the ABC guys have as much of a love fest for JJ as Madden & Joe Buck do (or did) for Farve

Nascar will have more say in who wins it all this year, seeing they've loosened up the rules, they will apply them as they see fit.

Thats one BIG issue I have with NASCAR. Ever changing rules ....

Whay is it they would add a Spoiler this year IN THE MIDDLE of the year.
I think they should do it in between seasons and start at the beginning of they year.
The cars are going to respond very differently and some teams will have a larger advantage over others when it happens.

Nascar will have more say in who wins it all this year, seeing they've loosened up the rules, they will apply them as they see fit.

Thats one BIG issue I have with NASCAR. Ever changing rules ....

As opposed to the NFL that never changes it's rules?

(tuck (Brady) rule)
Countless versions of pass interference,
Horse Collar?
What constitutes a helmet to helmet hit?
What is Taunting?
What is Excessive Celebration?

In each one of those examples it all depends on who's doing what to who?

If you can explain each of the above rules,

Why aren't they called consistently?

Is a helmet to helmet to Aaron Rodgers LESS important than if it happened to Brett Favre? Of course it is!! (See the next line)

Why doesn't anyone complain that the NFL has Brett Favre winning the Superbowl this year?

If Jimmy Johnson wins the championship again will the fans get bored with NASCAR?

Possibly

Did you complain when the Bulls won 6 titles in 8 years?
How about the 3 in a row the Lakers won?
The Cowboys winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years?
How about the beloved Partiots winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years?
Michael Schumacher 5 consecutive F-1 championships?

Were those teams and individual handed their titles? Did their leagues manipulate the results in their favor? Did the league change the rules to favor them?

Are the Fans bored with the NFL? NBA? F-1?

Maybe, just maybe they were better than everyone else at the time.

And what proof do you have that NASCAR has or could manipulate the outcome of a race or for that matter an entire season?

I've listened to people say that all the time. PROVE IT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)