NASCAR 2010 Season

As opposed to the NFL that never changes it's rules?

(tuck (Brady) rule)
Countless versions of pass interference,
Horse Collar?
What constitutes a helmet to helmet hit?
What is Taunting?
What is Excessive Celebration?

In each one of those examples it all depends on who's doing what to who?

If you can explain each of the above rules,

Why aren't they called consistently?

Is a helmet to helmet to Aaron Rodgers LESS important than if it happened to Brett Favre? Of course it is!! (See the next line)

Why doesn't anyone complain that the NFL has Brett Favre winning the Superbowl this year?

Did you complain when the Bulls won 6 titles in 8 years?
How about the 3 in a row the Lakers won?
The Cowboys winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years?
How about the beloved Partiots winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years?
Michael Schumacher 5 consecutive F-1 championships?

Were those teams and individual handed their titles? Did their leagues manipulate the results in their favor? Did the league change the rules to favor them?

Are the Fans bored with the NFL? NBA? F-1?

Maybe, just maybe they were better than everyone else at the time.

And what proof do you have that NASCAR has or could manipulate the outcome of a race or for that matter an entire season?

I've listened to people say that all the time. PROVE IT!

Difference being, in the NFL the rules don't change week to week, they change at the beginning of the next season.

Proving this is WAY to easy ...........

Restrictor plate races ........ They all get the SAME restrictor plate, right ?

Sure they do. :rolleyes:

Proving this is WAY to easy ...........

Restrictor plate races ........ They all get the SAME restrictor plate, right ?

Sure they do. :rolleyes:]

I really hope you're joking.

If not, prove it.

What facts do you have that no one else has?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope you're joking.

If not, prove it.

What facts do you have that no one else has?

13 WIN by ONE driver ?

That team was allowed to change rules all year, more downforce included .... engine was lower than should have been allowed, but no one ever complained because they didn't find out till very late in the year.

What other sport do you see the rules changed if one team isn't doing well enough, Ford and Dodge several years back.
Chevy's were running away with it.

13 WIN by ONE driver ?

That team was allowed to change rules all year, more downforce included .... engine was lower than should have been allowed, but no one ever complained because they didn't find out till very late in the year.

What other sport do you see the rules changed if one team isn't doing well enough, Ford and Dodge several years back.
Chevy's were running away with it.

13 wins by which driver and when? Gordon in 1998?

What about Ricard Petty's 13 win season in 1975?

Both "modern era" records.

How about The King's 10 consecutive wins in 67?

Actually the rule changes in downforce were supposedly to create parity amongst the three automakers in the series at the time.

Ford had introduced the Taurus that season and was still a work in progress. NASCAR shaved 2 inches in width off the rear spoiler and 2" in height off of the Taurus's.

This was done because the Taurus was not competitive. There were still Thunderbirds on the track because teams were having problems dialing in the Taurus.

Changes were made to all cars front air dams and minor tweaks to the rear spoilers on the Chevy's and Pontiac's.

Even with the changes Ford did not win the manufacturers title.

Don't get me wrong, I think the rule changes are aggravating, but this is nothing new. Rule changes in NASCAR go back a long way, not just recently,

1964 Bill France Sr made the following changes for the season:

Limited the size of engines
Limited carbs to one 4 barrel
Mandated rubber lined fuel cells
Addressed the the FACT that NASCAR no longer ran a "Stock" Car by changing the frame rules to running just one wheelbase size as opposed to running different frames/wheelbases on different size tracks.

and perhaps the most famous rule change of all:

BANNING two motors from competition only to change the rule mid season.

The two motors: the Chrysler Hemi and the Ford 427 with Hi Rise heads.

The hemi was allowed to return mid season under very particular convoluted rules.

So Rule changes are nothing new. Brian France has nothing compared to his Grandfather when it comes to rule changes.

13 wins by which driver and when? Gordon in 1998?

What about Ricard Petty's 13 win season in 1975?

Both "modern era" records.

How about The King's 10 consecutive wins in 67?

Actually the rule changes in downforce were supposedly to create parity amongst the three automakers in the series at the time.

Ford had introduced the Taurus that season and was still a work in progress. NASCAR shaved 2 inches in width off the rear spoiler and 2" in height off of the Taurus's.

This was done because the Taurus was not competitive. There were still Thunderbirds on the track because teams were having problems dialing in the Taurus.

Changes were made to all cars front air dams and minor tweaks to the rear spoilers on the Chevy's and Pontiac's.

Even with the changes Ford did not win the manufacturers title.

Don't get me wrong, I think the rule changes are aggravating, but this is nothing new. Rule changes in NASCAR go back a long way, not just recently,

1964 Bill France Sr made the following changes for the season:

Limited the size of engines
Limited carbs to one 4 barrel
Mandated rubber lined fuel cells
Addressed the the FACT that NASCAR no longer ran a "Stock" Car by changing the frame rules to running just one wheelbase size as opposed to running different frames/wheelbases on different size tracks.

and perhaps the most famous rule change of all:

BANNING two motors from competition only to change the rule mid season.

The two motors: the Chrysler Hemi and the Ford 427 with Hi Rise heads.

The hemi was allowed to return mid season under very particular convoluted rules.

So Rule changes are nothing new. Brian France has nothing compared to his Grandfather when it comes to rule changes.

I never said they didn't happen, I just think it's dumb to be changing the rules as you go thru a season, be it NASCAR or any other sport.

Jimbo, I understand your point. and for the most part I agree with you, I just feel the difference between NASCAR and Stick and Ball sports is that of equipment.

NASCAR has a piece of equipment as it's primary means of competition like no other sport.

You can only do so much to a baseball and bat. How much different is a Louisville slugger today than it was in 1960?

No difference, still the same max diameter (2.75") and same max length (42") that was established by Baseball in the 1890's. The last ten years saw the biggest change, now many bats are made with maple instead of white ash.

How much different is a 1960 Impala compared to a 2010?

That's my point. Cars have changed and evolved sometimes in the middle of a model year.
The sport has to change and evolve as technology does.

While I agree that some of changes that occur during the season are a bit much, sometimes I can see why they would implement them.

I usually don't get so high up on my soapbox like this :rant: but, I've been a NASCAR fan for over 40 years. Not many of my friends and family can say the same, so I get a little torqued when the conversation turns to "NASCAR wants so and so to win or not so that's why they changed the rules" stuff.

If that were the case JR. would be a 10 time champion. :rolleyes:

If we were still racing chariots, people would be complaining about the National Chariot Racing Association allowing someone to run white Arabian horses as opposed to blacks. ;)

Broadcast schedule for SpeedWeek 2010

TUNE IN

BROADCAST DATE TIME EVENT
SPEED 02|04|10 5 p.m. Budweiser Shootout practice
SPEED 02|04|10 6:30 p.m. Budweiser Shootout final practice
SPEED 02|05|10 2 p.m. Daytona 500 practice
SPEED 02|05|10 4 p.m. Daytona 500 practice
FOX 02|06|10 1 p.m. Daytona 500 qualifying
FOX 02|06|10 8 p.m. Budweiser Shootout
SPEED 02|10|10 Noon Daytona 500 practice
SPEED 02|10|10 2 p.m. Daytona 500 practice
02|10|10 3 p.m. Camping World 300 practice
SPEED 02|10|10 6 p.m. NextEra Energy Resources 250 practice
SPEED 02|11|10 9:30 a.m. NextEra Energy Resources 250 final practice
ESPN2 02|11|10 Noon Camping World 300 final practice
SPEED 02|11|10 2 p.m. Gatorade Duel 1
SPEED 02|11|10 4 p.m. Gatorade Duel 2
SPEED 02|11|10 6:30 p.m. NextEra Energy Resources 250 qualifying
SPEED 02|12|10 1:30 p.m. Daytona 500 practice
ESPN2 02|12|10 3 p.m. Camping World 300 qualifying
SPEED 02|12|10 8 p.m. NextEra Energy Resources 250
SPEED 02|13|10 10:30 a.m. Daytona 500 final practice
ESPN2 02|13|10 1 p.m. Camping World 300
FOX 02|14|10 1 p.m. Daytona 500

Anyone hear a list of drivers trying to make the 500?

UNREAL!!
I just looked at the whole schedule and ABC is only televising 3 races and 1 in the chase?
WTF???

I'd rather have OTA HD than the ESPN crap...well actually I see it via TSN (Canada)

what a joke.

Perhaps the worst marketing decision ever!

Alpine Skiing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)