NASCAR 2013 season

And hopefully there will be fewer "start and park" cars.
ON another note. NASCAR should be looking into a bunch of new rules to eliminate the "start and park" concept.
Each time a car runs say, half the race, goes ot the garage for such reasons as "handling", NASCAR should send a crew over to that car's hauler and impound the car for a bend over and grab the ankles inspection. If nothing is broken, one race suspension. Period.
I don't see this happening though due to NASCAR's insistence on a field of 43 cars.
wont happen. In most cases there are only 45 or 46 cars trying to qualify...the 500 is different as everyone and their brother tries to qualify
But some of them actually try. Nationwide is where the start and parkers are plenty

Nationwide is screwed...do you let all the cup guys come there and race and then have folks say "oh thats not competitive" or have 10 start and parkers a race?

I think my 1994 Ford F150 is a half breed lol.Half the bolts on it are standard,the other half are metric.And no it hasn't been mechanic'd on that much.I have often wondered if some of the parts were Canadian or Mexican.

Anywho...Looking forward to the Daytona 500.As long as Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon don't win I'll be happy.

That is one reason Toyota managed to get into nascar,having plants in the US.

As for the Fusion .... thats about to change, as a plant in Michigan, Flat Rock will be building them next year.
They already build some there now, mine unfortunately was built in Mexico.
At least it's not OVER seas.
Mexico may as well be in another galaxy.

wont happen. In most cases there are only 45 or 46 cars trying to qualify...the 500 is different as everyone and their brother tries to qualify
But some of them actually try. Nationwide is where the start and parkers are plenty

Nationwide is screwed...do you let all the cup guys come there and race and then have folks say "oh thats not competitive" or have 10 start and parkers a race?
The issue with the Nationwide series is fans won't buy tickets unless there are Cup drivers participating.
Some tracks( Chicago, Kansas and California) tried to sell "race weekends". IN other words if one wished to attend the Cup race, they had to buy the Nationwide race as well. When Chicago had an Indycar race in the first year of the track, the package included a mandatory buy of that race as well.
Of course with just about every venue struggling to get 75% to capacity, those days are over. Buyers market.
Anyway, I agree, the Nationwide series has issues. Not with the racing itself. But with a select number of well funded teams using in some cases, Cup pity crews and Cup resources, that result in strung out fields and really boring races.
However, there are instances where the Nationwide race is actually more entertaining than the companion Cup race.
Hopefully with the new car design, the racing in Cup will be more interesting. Because quite frankly, I am not watching nearly as much as I used to. And that holds especially true on the 1.5 mile cookie cutters.

I too am very happy they decided to get rid of the cookie cutter cars and go back to a more traditional look.

We have plans to go to 3 races this year. The spring Bristol race, as well as the Brickyard and the Kansas races.

T
However, there are instances where the Nationwide race is actually more entertaining than the companion Cup race.
yeah because Nationwide goes to the smaller tracks where there is better racing

Hopefully with the new car design, the racing in Cup will be more interesting. Because quite frankly, I am not watching nearly as much as I used to. And that holds especially true on the 1.5 mile cookie cutters.
god most 1.5 mile tracks are snoozefests

Reutemann in the #83 this year...taking the place of Landon Cassill

David Reutimann, a two-time race winner will drive the #83 Toyota this season full time. Reutimann drove in two races for the team last year.

one of the worst kept secrets is now officially out

Harvick confirmed out of RCR after 2013: NASCAR team owner Richard Childress confirmed what driver Kevin Harvick would not since November 2012. Harvick will leave Childress, where he has been since his first Cup race in 2001, and drive for friend and team owner Tony Stewart at Stewart-Haas Racing in 2014. Childress, who spoke Monday night at NASCAR's Sprint Cup Media Tour, talked about knowing about Harvick's plans last year before the race at Phoenix International Raceway -- a race Harvick would win to snap a 44-race winless streak. "We had a meeting and he told me his plans and we discussed what we were going to do in '13," Childress said Monday. "He'll do well over there at Stewart-Haas, and RCR will keep going and moving forward. I think him and Tony will have a good relationship." Stewart, who spoke to the media earlier Monday about his three-car team that includes Ryan Newman and Danica Patrick, has hinted at adding a fourth car to the Stewart-Haas Racing stable. Harvick, meanwhile, told reporters he didn't have "anything to tell you for 2014." On Monday, Childress said he did not know whether sponsor Budweiser would leave RCR along with Harvick. "They haven't made any comments on what they're going to do," Childress said. Though Childress admitted he knew Harvick's plans before Phoenix, he said he was surprised when word leaked out because he didn't expect it to be released until after the postseason awards banquet. As for the future, Childress welcomes grandson Austin Dillon into the fold this season. Dillon is slated to race the Daytona 500, among a handful of other Cup races. Burton and Menard are signed through 2013

one of the worst kept secrets is now officially out

Harvick confirmed out of RCR after 2013: NASCAR team owner Richard Childress confirmed what driver Kevin Harvick would not since November 2012. Harvick will leave Childress, where he has been since his first Cup race in 2001, and drive for friend and team owner Tony Stewart at Stewart-Haas Racing in 2014. Childress, who spoke Monday night at NASCAR's Sprint Cup Media Tour, talked about knowing about Harvick's plans last year before the race at Phoenix International Raceway -- a race Harvick would win to snap a 44-race winless streak. "We had a meeting and he told me his plans and we discussed what we were going to do in '13," Childress said Monday. "He'll do well over there at Stewart-Haas, and RCR will keep going and moving forward. I think him and Tony will have a good relationship." Stewart, who spoke to the media earlier Monday about his three-car team that includes Ryan Newman and Danica Patrick, has hinted at adding a fourth car to the Stewart-Haas Racing stable. Harvick, meanwhile, told reporters he didn't have "anything to tell you for 2014." On Monday, Childress said he did not know whether sponsor Budweiser would leave RCR along with Harvick. "They haven't made any comments on what they're going to do," Childress said. Though Childress admitted he knew Harvick's plans before Phoenix, he said he was surprised when word leaked out because he didn't expect it to be released until after the postseason awards banquet. As for the future, Childress welcomes grandson Austin Dillon into the fold this season. Dillon is slated to race the Daytona 500, among a handful of other Cup races. Burton and Menard are signed through 2013

So with Harvick moving to Stewart Hass,does that mean Newman will be out?Or are they planning on going to 4 teams?Harvick is on my Johnson/Gordon list,really don't like him as a racer.

yeah because Nationwide goes to the smaller tracks where there is better racing

god most 1.5 mile tracks are snoozefests
Yep..the 400 mile races on those 1.5 milers can be a bit more entertaining, but those races are usually decided by fuel mileage.
To be straightforward, ALL non plate track 500 mile races should be shortened.
The only ones that should remain intact are the Southern 500, Coke 600 and the three 500 mile races on the plate track.
Of course the short track races should be left alone.
Dover needs to to go 300 miles.
Atlanta Texas and the Charlotte fall races should all go to 400 miles.
Of course this suggestion brings howls of protest from older fans. Especially those here in the Southeast.
You know, the ones that DON'T buy tickets but complain anyway.

Week 14- NFL Picks

Football As Football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)