NASCAR 2016 season

Yeah attendance is down across the board no question but the Brickyard 400 is widely considered the second biggest race to win on the NASCAR circuit. Usually its still pretty full, especially since they only come once a year.

Half the stands on the back stretch were totally empty and had advertising covering them up.

Attendance at Indy has been pretty dismal since the great tire debacle they had in 2008...the "race" where they literally had to throw a competition caution every 10-12 laps because everyone's tires would explode otherwise. Even at that, they were having blowouts between cautions. Not mention that the massive seating capacity @ Indy makes the sparse crowd look even worse.

Despite the prestige of winning at Indy, the races themselves have almost always been snoozers, which doesn't help either.

Attendance at Indy has been pretty dismal since the great tire debacle they had in 2008...the "race" where they literally had to throw a competition caution every 10-12 laps because everyone's tires would explode otherwise. Even at that, they were having blowouts between cautions. Not mention that the massive seating capacity @ Indy makes the sparse crowd look even worse.

Despite the prestige of winning at Indy, the races themselves have almost always been snoozers, which doesn't help either.
All good points ...

Might be time for me to hit the brickyard then if it's that scarce. I don't like crowds but I would like to say I visited Indy someday...and Bristol, and Daytona lol

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: Jimbo
I know I'm biased, and the video is all SHR, but I always get a kick out of these time lapse car wrap videos. I've wrapped some parts and such with Scotchprint Carbon Fiber Film on a MUCH smaller scale, so I really admire the quailty (and patience) of these big installs.

Cool side fact: The company that produces and installs many of these wraps is ProCal (note the name on their shirts). Their headquarters, where the wraps are all produced, is across the street from the entrance to my neighborhood in Rock Hill…less than a mile from my house. :cool:

Reactions: Jimbo
Wow...scary moment. Glad the guy was able to walk away. Kudos to the officials for running out waving arms so quickly to warn the rest of the cars exiting pit road to avoid the guy!

Reactions: fred555
Score one for the little teams today! What a bizarre foggy end to a long couple of days at the track.

Pocono management must be exhausted after the weather from both of their events this season.

Does anyone know what channel the XFINTY race is suppose to be on tomorrow? NASCAR site says 2:00 PM ET on NBC but all I see is RIO schedules. Same for channel 105 and 159.

Does anyone know what channel the XFINTY race is suppose to be on tomorrow? NASCAR site says 2:00 PM ET on NBC but all I see is RIO schedules. Same for channel 105 and 159.

The schedule is all different this weekend, with most NASCAR events on either CNBC or USA Network because of all the Olympic coverage. Here's a post from Jayski on the weekend TV schedule:
As NBC Sports Group stands just two days away from the Opening Ceremony of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, this weekend's NASCAR action from Watkins Glen International lands on USA Network and CNBC. Coverage kicks off Saturday with XFINITY Series racing at 1:30pm/et on CNBC, followed by Sprint Cup racing Sunday at 2:00pm/et on USA Network. NBC Sports surrounds Jeff Gordon's continued run in the #88 car, as Dale Earnhardt Jr. remains sidelined with concussion-like symptoms. NBCSN presents a special edition of NASCAR America Friday at 12:00pm/et, with complete live coverage of Earnhardt Jr.'s press conference, when he will address his condition and expected return to racing.
NBC Sports begins its Sprint Cup coverage from one of the most unique tracks in NASCAR Friday with practice at 12:30pm/et on NBCSN, followed by final practice at 3:00pm/et on NBCSN. Saturday's Sprint Cup qualifying begins at 12:00pm/et on CNBC. USA Network's race day coverage begins at 2:00pm/et with Countdown to Green, followed by Sprint Cup racing from "The Glen" at 2:30pm/et. An on-site post-race show wraps up the afternoon at 5:30pm/et.(NBC)

The schedule is all different this weekend, with most NASCAR events on either CNBC or USA Network because of all the Olympic coverage. Here's a post from Jayski on the weekend TV schedule:
But I can't find the XFINITY race on CNBC or USA Network in the guide.

Greetings from Cup practice @ Bristol!

20160819_132316.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)