NBA 2008-09 Season

during a timeout they dropped parachute lottery tickets from the rafters and one was coming in our direction. At just the right time, I jumped and scooped it up over WR Steve freaking Sanders!!! How cool is that? I felt like a shutdown corner!

Had you sat next to Braylon Edwards, would he have dropped a ticket into your hands? :D:D:D:D

(Sorry- HD, I like you a lot and I will defend your Browns, but I could not help myself)

Other interesting games in the NBA:

Phoenix annihilated the Mavs 128-100. I think Phoenix may have some life left as a contender, while Dallas will slowly but surely become a mediocre team

As usual, the Thunder lost, but it was only by 2. Alas, this isn't the BCS- a loss is a loss, and they are now 5-32. Can you say worst team ever?

Kobe Bryant singlehandedly led his team down the stretch to win a thriller over the Pacers- 36 points, 11 unanswered, and a game-winning shot with only 3 seconds left

Milwaukee beat the Nets on a buzzer-beater. If two anonymous teams that are going nowhere play a great game, does it make a sound?

Wizards lose again, though their schedule is a bit easier (Knicks, Bucks, Warriors). Then again, they do suck.

D-Wade scored 41 points to get Miami past the putrid Kings. Is it just me, or does the NBA feel a bit better when D-Wade is healthy and dominating?

Just got back from the game. Great time indeed! I even got to sit next to Browns WR Steve Sanders! Very cool guy and seemed down to earth. I didn't want to bother him, so I ust wished him good luck next season and left it at that.

Anyways, during a timeout they dropped parachute lottery tickets from the rafters and one was coming in our direction. At just the right time, I jumped and scooped it up over WR Steve freaking Sanders!!! How cool is that? I felt like a shutdown corner! He laughed and game me a fist bump. :D

Oh, and the game..... Can you say "statement"?! :eek: Go Cavs!!!

The Q was definitely rocking tonight. Packed to its capacity, the crowd was very into the game. I've been to a few Cavs playoff games the last few years and this one certainly had a similar feel as far as crowd noise and magic in the air.

LeBron certainly stole the show though, both on the offensive and defensive end. The King had 38 spectacular points and held Paul Pierce to only 11.

I did think it was rather cheap that the Celtics seemingly surrendered with over 5 minutes to go in the 4th when they resorted to the intentional foul. As soon as Cleveland got the ball a Celtic would race over to Ben Wallace and wrap him up even though he was 9 feet from the ball. Seriously Boston?! There was over 5 minutes to go! Evidently they ran out of ideas on how to stop the Cavaliers.

Final Score 98-83. Cavaliers are now 19-0 at home and control home court in the Eastern Conference! This season is starting to feel very magical and I'm having a helluva time savoring every moment!

Go Cavs!!!!!

Wish I could have been there!!! Great game.

Go Cavs!!!

Larry Hughes wants to be traded again....

Maybe now Bulls fans finally realize why the Cavs wanted to get rid of this disgruntled player.

"If you get traded, obviously another team wants you, so it's always a positive in that way,"... - Blog a Bull

BTW, the Larry Hughes trade may go down as the best trade in Cavaliers history. Just think about it. GM, Danny Ferry got rid of Hughes who simply wasn’t working, the consistently inconsistent Donyell Marshall, Drew Gooden, and Shannon Brown, and in return he got Joe Smith (who somehow turned into Mo Williams), Ben Wallace (whose defensive presence, intensity, and leadership was been immeasurably important here), Delonte West (who has proven to be a steady defender and a solid starting 2 guard), and Wally Szczerbiak (who might yet still turn into another key component). Unbelievable!

Larry Hughes wants to be traded again....

Maybe now Bulls fans finally realize why the Cavs wanted to get rid of this disgruntled player.

"If you get traded, obviously another team wants you, so it's always a positive in that way,"... - Blog a Bull

BTW, the Larry Hughes trade may go down as the best trade in Cavaliers history. Just think about it. GM, Danny Ferry got rid of Hughes who simply wasn’t working, the consistently inconsistent Donyell Marshall, Drew Gooden, and Shannon Brown, and in return he got Joe Smith (who somehow turned into Mo Williams), Ben Wallace (whose defensive presence, intensity, and leadership was been immeasurably important here), Delonte West (who has proven to be a steady defender and a solid starting 2 guard), and Wally Szczerbiak (who might yet still turn into another key component). Unbelievable!

I am so so glad the Cavs made the move. He was getting paid well in Cleveland to just.....know his role. But nooooooo he wanted to be the star. Same thing happened with Ricky Davis. I saw with my very own eyes at a game in Wash DC. Ricky lip poked out and mad at the end of the bench. Walking back and forth to the locker room. During the game!! Next thing I know he was gone. Traded! Good! If you know your role. Things will flow so good.

Last edited:
Same thing happened with Ricky Davis. I saw with my very own eyes at a game in Wash DC. Ricky lip poked out and mad at the end of the bench. Walking back and forth to the locker room. During the game!! Next thing I know he was gone. Traded! Good!

When I think of Ricky Davis, all I'll remember is his idioctic attempt at a triple-double.

Does anybody follow the Orlando Magic? I know they've been completely on fire and are blowing opponents out of the building. They set a record last night by hitting 23 3-pointers!!!! Are they heavily reliant on the 3 point shot usually?

Does anybody follow the Orlando Magic? I know they've been completely on fire and are blowing opponents out of the building. They set a record last night by hitting 23 3-pointers!!!! Are they heavily reliant on the 3 point shot usually?

23 three pointers??!! WOW!!!

If there's a definition of "flying under the radar", it's gotta be this year's Orlando Magic.

This just in: the Magic are GOOD!

Somewhat. I made a comment 2 weeks ago in my weekly NBA in Review post that this team is flying under the radar. Especially since this team is the second best team (record wise) in the East, it's strange how no one is saying a thing about them.

With that said, their one major downfall is that they tend to rely on the outside shot too much. If their shooters are off one game or paired against stout defense, they are definitely beatable. This is why they never seem to make it far in the playoffs.

The Cavs began an extended road trip last night by taming the Grizzlies 102-87.

Although LeBron stole the show again last night, the Grizz have quite the collection of young talent. Names like OJ Mayo, Kyle Lowry, Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, Mike Conley and Hakim Warrick will all be forces to be reckoned with some day. If they can add a few big men to that lineup, watch out!

6 of the Cavs next 7 games will be on the road with a few intriguing matchups. LeBron and the Cavs will face Chris Paul and the Hornets Friday night at the Q. Then they will head west to face Kobe and the Lakers on Monday the 19th, then Greg Oden and the Blazers on Wednesday the 21st. These next two weeks will be a great test for this team.

Go Cavs!

Me too. The guy had some talent......he just couldn't keep his head screwed on straight.

He didn't HAD TALENT...he DOES HAVE talent....but like you said....his head is in "ME Land" and not "Us land". IF he was one of the top 5 players in the league, it is almost acceptable...but he is not....

Oh btw, I was shocked to see Darius Miles enter the game for the Grizzlies last night! I guess Mephis must've picked him up against the ridiculous threats by the Portland owner. If he plays one more game, Portland will be screwed.

Oh btw, I was shocked to see Darius Miles enter the game for the Grizzlies last night! I guess Mephis must've picked him up against the ridiculous threats by the Portland owner. If he plays one more game, Portland will be screwed.

And besides the missed dunk, he didn;t play all that bad. Did you see the play where he missed the dunk? I wonder if it was a case of rust, or if the knee injury has taken away a big part of his game.

The Cavs began an extended road trip last night by taming the Grizzlies 102-87.

Although LeBron stole the show again last night, the Grizz have quite the collection of young talent. Names like OJ Mayo, Kyle Lowry, Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, Mike Conley and Hakim Warrick will all be forces to be reckoned with some day. If they can add a few big men to that lineup, watch out!

6 of the Cavs next 7 games will be on the road with a few intriguing matchups. LeBron and the Cavs will face Chris Paul and the Hornets Friday night at the Q. Then they will head west to face Kobe and the Lakers on Monday the 19th, then Greg Oden and the Blazers on Wednesday the 21st. These next two weeks will be a great test for this team.

Go Cavs!

Just an FYI, that Cavs-Lakers game will be part of a special TNT tripleheader for Monday's MLK holiday.

5:30et- Detroit at Memphis

8:00et- Phoenix at Boston

10:30et- Cleveland at Lakers

Thoughts to Ponder:1,000 Post Edition

HD for ESPN GamePlan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts