NBA 2011-2012 PLAYOFFS

Celtics shot almost 60%, the Heat did not...but a mile, Wade only has 2 points and the Heat are only down 7.... Its no where near as bad as it could and should be.

Whatever happened to the era of the big man in the NBA? With Dwight Howard being a subject of a matter of opinion,it seems like the era of the big man died with the collective retirements of Hakeem Olajuwan,Patrick Ewing,& David Robinson,& Shaquille O'Neal going way past his prime(then retiring). Unfortunately,Yao Ming was overrated because of his injury plagued career. The New Orleans Hornets won the lottery,but is the draft still relevant? Do "quality" 7-footers,AND especially above 7 feet players(like Yao Ming) play basketball anymore?

5 on 8 again, Rondo raked in the face by Wade no call turned the OT, than he kicks Garnett, of course foul on KG. GO TO HELL NBA REFS!!!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I'm just waiting for whomever to come out of the East and get beaten down by San Antonio. Really amazing how well SA has played, yet they don't get the attention they deserve. Great win by the Heat beating Rondo & company.

Last year, the Celtics won about 90% of the games Shaq played in. If he had been able to recover from his injury, the Celts would have won it last year AND this year. Just sayin'

5 on 8 again, Rondo raked in the face by Wade no call turned the OT, than he kicks Garnett, of course foul on KG. GO TO HELL NBA REFS!!!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

i agree. wade should've been called on what was clearly a foul against rondo. i hate the officiating in the NBA. now the calls will be more in the favor of the celtics in boston. WHY? i don't understand. just make the calls no matter who the team is and where the game is played.

rondo had a spectacular game. we escaped with a win last night in one of the best games i've seen so far in these playoffs.

I'm just waiting for whomever to come out of the East and get beaten down by San Antonio. Really amazing how well SA has played, yet they don't get the attention they deserve. Great win by the Heat beating Rondo & company.

i have to admit that the spurs do scare me.

this is going to be a huge problem if we get to the finals. miami has really struggled this post season with FT's....... GOTTA MAKE'EM!

IF they hit their AVERAGE...the game is over and it does not go into OT. Lebron, Wade(2 times in the 2nd half), Charlmers and Haslem ALL missed BOTH free throws after being fouled. During the regular season, they averaged 77%...which just above the league average. In the playoffs, they are shooting 66%!!

IF they hit their AVERAGE...the game is over and it does not go into OT. Lebron, Wade(2 times in the 2nd half), Charlmers and Haslem ALL missed BOTH free throws after being fouled. During the regular season, they averaged 77%...which just above the league average. In the playoffs, they are shooting 66%!!

yes they were great in the regular season but have missed key free throws in the post season starting with lebron. you gotta make those shots. they were 66% last night. i realize they attempted 47 ft's compared to boston's 29 (wow!) but boston shot 90% from the line. missing 16 FT's against a team like the spurs will cost them. but a win is a win. considering how much wade struggled in the first half i am more than happy with the win.

Last edited:
i agree. wade should've been called on what was clearly a foul against rondo. i hate the officiating in the NBA. now the calls will be more in the favor of the celtics in boston. WHY? i don't understand. just make the calls no matter who the team is and where the game is played.

rondo had a spectacular game. we escaped with a win last night in one of the best games i've seen so far in these playoffs.

You agree on the so-called "8 on 5" or that Rondo was fouled?

yes they were great in the regular season but have missed key free throws in the post season starting with lebron. you gotta make those shots. they were 66% last night. i realize they attempted 47 ft's compared to boston's 29 (wow!) but boston shot 90% from the line. missing 16 FT's against a team like the spurs will cost them. but a win is a win. considering how much wade struggled in the first half i am more than happy with the win.

Rey...they are 66% for the ENTIRE playoffs, not just last night. And do not make a big deal in the discrepancy in FTs. Boston is a perimeter to long distance shooting team. They are the 2nd WORSE points in the paint in the NBA this year and have not been in the top 10 in this category in 3 years... The ONLY guy that really drives to the basket on that team is Rondo. Miami is 8th...because their make-up offensively is to attack/slash/drive....you will drawn more foul shots.

NBA Stats - NBA Team Points in Paint per Game on TeamRankings.com

I agree, it shouldn't matter the venue nor the player, just get the freaking calls right. And I am sick of "that's just the way the league is" well freaking fix it.

Did you know a convicted felon was one of the refs last night?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts