NBA 2011-2012 Season

WOW!!

As the Los Angeles Clippers and Golden State Warriors appear unwilling to include their young stars in a trade for Chris Paul(notes), the New Orleans Hornets were redoubling their research of Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo(notes) as a possible centerpiece of a blockbuster deal, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Celtics have relentlessly pursued Paul and have presented the Hornets with as many as eight different scenarios that would bring them some combination of Rondo, Jeff Green(notes), two future No. 1 picks and additional talent from third teams, sources said.

Celtics general manager Danny Ainge and coach Doc Rivers believe they can sell Paul on re-signing with Boston for the long-term and desperately want him as the franchise star of their post-Big 3 era.

More From Adrian WojnarowskiLakers to sign Jason Kapono Dec 7, 2011 Kris Humphries focusing on free agency Dec 7, 2011
The Celtics are willing to trade Rajon Rondo to the Hornets in a deal for Chris Paul.

“Danny is a risk-taker,” one league

Celtics still pushing hard to land Chris Paul - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

In other news, the HEAT will be signing Shane Battier

Oh boy...........

Per SI.com: , the Lakers, Hornets and Rockets are engaged in 3-way talks on deal that would send Chris Paul to Lakers!

I also read that the KNICKS are trying to do the same thing, but want to add a 4th team and no one seems to want to do it. LOL!

If you ain't got assets to trade...you don't got assets to trade. Plain and simple.

Humm locally, really surprised that Tayshaun Prince resigned with the pistons, thought he was going elsewhere

I'm honestly bothered by the Yankees model of operation being transferred to so many of the "big" NBA teams. Going out and buying yourself a championship just sits wrong with me.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

rey_1178 said:
Lockout????? What lockout????

Thats why I laughed! MANY in here thought that the new CBA was gonna fix the woes of the small market teams...we would not see the creation of the "super teams" anymore and there would be 'competitive balance'...HA!

Nothing has changed but the players forced into a sh@$%ier deal which the owner will opt out of in 6 years....because they won't like it either.

Wait till tomorrow...when teams can make deals...LMAO! SUDDENLY, team won't cry poverty as much....

Last edited:
Looks like the deal was stopped because other owners complained that this deal should NOT go through because the Hornets are owned by league.

....interesting...

Looks like the deal was stopped because other owners complained that this deal should NOT go through because the Hornets are owned by league.

....interesting...
its funny because the owners agreed to this CBA. no matter what chris paul will be gone. at least this way the hornets can get something in return instead of nothing. so basically stopping this deal is hurting the hornets. i don't like this at all! the NBA must allow this trade to happen because there's no other reason to stop it except small market owners getting all upset about another big star heading to a larger market. again, owners agreed to the new CBA so i believe eventually this trade will happen. and you can never force a player into a decision thats not theirs. meaning that no matter what,as soon as chris paul becomes a free agent, he will still CHOOSE to go where he wants and that you can not change. in the meantime,chris paul already said he will sue the NBA if they don't allow this trade to happen. what a mess.............

Stephen A** Smith is saying Chris Paul is contemplating a lawsuit against the Hornets.

PS. How do you go back to your team after a trade not going though? It's going to be very awkward for Odom and Paul going forward.

Stephen A** Smith is saying Chris Paul is contemplating a lawsuit against the Hornets.

PS. How do you go back to your team after a trade not going though? It's going to be very awkward for Odom and Paul going forward.

Paul said he isn't going to training camp.

I wonder if Khloe Kardashian put the kabosh on the trade? ;) That family is very powerful. Living in New Orleans isn't quite the same as living in L.A.! :)

another reason why this trade needs to go through. more harm will be done if its not allowed to happen.

another reason why this trade needs to go through. more harm will be done if its not allowed to happen.

I agree. Let this happen, than Howard can join the Lakers. In a year you'll have maybe 4 or 5 teams that matter. Than the owners can realize that they did nothing to ensure competitive balance, and the whole lockout was just a giant waste of time. No hard cap, too many exemptions, allowing sign and trades, no franchise tag. Players are still going to dictate where they can go.

Green Bay is the best team in the NFL, it would never happen under the broken NBA model.

One thing that will be very interesting in this will be who the NBAPA will back in this LaMarr Odom or Chris Paul.

I agree. Let this happen, than Howard can join the Lakers. In a year you'll have maybe 4 or 5 teams that matter. Than the owners can realize that they did nothing to ensure competitive balance, and the whole lockout was just a giant waste of time. No hard cap, too many exemptions, allowing sign and trades, no franchise tag. Players are still going to dictate where they can go.

Green Bay is the best team in the NFL, it would never happen under the broken NBA model.

One thing that will be very interesting in this will be who the NBAPA will back in this LaMarr Odom or Chris Paul.

Totally agree. The NBA owners should have done what the NHL owners did...hard cap, no exemptions, no mid-level anything, no franchise, no nothing. If it takes the nuclear winter to make that happen, so be it. The NHL came out a MUCH stronger league because of it.

NBA owners gave the players concessions, and this is the result. Enjoy it. For me, this league is losing more relevance every single day. And I think a lot of people feel that way.

Sandra

Last edited:
Totally agree. The owners should have done what the NHL did...hard cap, no exemptions, no mid-level anything, no franchise, no nothing. If it takes the nuclear winter to make that happen, so be it. The NHL came out a MUCH stronger league because of it.

NBA owners gave the players concessions, and this is the result. Enjoy it. For me, this league is losing more relevance every single day. And I think a lot of people feel that way.

Sandra

I'm right with you on that sentiment!

First of all, the Hornets will get something if Chris Paul walks at the end of this season. They'll get $16,000,000 of additional cap room in a year when teams will ostensibly have less cap room than they did previously.

Also, where is Chril Paul going to find a team that will have the cap room to pay him a max salary? Nowhere that he would want to play.

What I don't yet know is, why the league owners tended to oppose this trade. Basically, it lowers the Laker's payroll because Paul's present contract is for a lot less than Gasol and Odom are being paid. The fact that the owners believe that their objective of lowering total payroll expenditure can be undermined by this trade, which is legal under the new collective bargaining agreement, means that the new agreement does not adequately prevent the circumvention that takes place with three team deals and the jettisoning of expiring contracts.

Chris Paul isn't as important to his sport as Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale were to theirs, so if he chooses to sit, he his hurting himself in the wallet more than he is hurting anyone else. The Hornets will eventually negotiate a trade more acceptable to the league owners, or a sign and trade will have to be worked out afternext season, with the Hornets benefitting from that.

Last edited:

Pat Summitt steps aside as coach

Arkansas to fire Petrino?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)