NBA 2011-2012 Season

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Now that we have "a Christmas miracle", an NBA season this year...let's get this going! The obvious, and quite frankly one of the most enjoyable aspects of just before training camps ....the crazy as hell free agent frenzy!

Goooo HEAT!

Now that we have "a Christmas miracle", an NBA season this year...let's get this going! The obvious, and quite frankly one of the most enjoyable aspects of just before training camps ....the crazy as hell free agent frenzy!

Goooo HEAT!

Now THIS is the NBA thread I've wanted to post in! :)

Opening Day will now be Christmas Day:

12:00pm ET- Celtics at Knicks (ESPN)
2:30pm ET- Heat at Mavericks (ABC)
5:00pm ET- Bulls at Lakers (ABC)

Another thing the lockout did was deprive the Mavs from having their day in the sun, with their
banner raising ceremony. Now it's Opening Day, Christmas Day, Finals rematch with LeBron and company in the house. All that AND a banner ceremony. WOW!

BillD1984 said:
Now THIS is the NBA thread I've wanted to post in! :)

Opening Day will now be Christmas Day:

12:00pm ET- Celtics at Knicks (ESPN)
2:30pm ET- Heat at Mavericks (ABC)
5:00pm ET- Bulls at Lakers (ABC)

Another thing the lockout did was deprive the Mavs from having their day in the sun, with their
banner raising ceremony. Now it's Opening Day, Christmas Day, Finals rematch with LeBron and company in the house. All that AND a banner ceremony. WOW!

That will be wild AND crazy! I am wondering how much of the Mavs from last year will be with them? They had some very important cogs that were free agents like JJ Barea..the center(who's name escapes me now) and Stevenson who did a great job guarding Lebron...

I am gonna see IF Howard stays in Orlando. I have a strange feeling he will take the Shaq route and head West to the Lakers in a blockbuster deal...more than likely involving a team or two.

I am gonna see IF Howard stays in Orlando. I have a strange feeling he will take the Shaq route and head West to the Lakers in a blockbuster deal...more than likely involving a team or two.

If I understand the new deal correctly, that will be virtually impossible. Of course unlike other sports, it's seems like you need to be a Nobel economist to understand the NBA salary cap.

I still have no idea how the Celtics, Heat or Lakers are "under" the cap. It's a joke, If I were a Milwaukee Bucks fan, I would still not be satisfied with the "new" deal. It did nothing to address competitive balance.

I have a feeling that Big Baby Davis, Delonte West or both will be off the Celtics roster before Christmas Day.

i doubt he is staying but hopefully orlando will pull a trade and get some good players back.

Hart5150 said:
If I understand the new deal correctly, that will be virtually impossible. Of course unlike other sports, it's seems like you need to be a Nobel economist to understand the NBA salary cap.

I still have no idea how the Celtics, Heat or Lakers are "under" the cap. It's a joke, If I were a Milwaukee Bucks fan, I would still not be satisfied with the "new" deal. It did nothing to address competitive balance.

The new deal did NOTHING for competitive balance to the "middle tier" teams...but give them more $$ when the big money teams go over the cap.

BillD1984 said:
I have a feeling that Big Baby Davis, Delonte West or both will be off the Celtics roster before Christmas Day.

I heard and read that Big Baby was just that..a baby and a bit of a ball hog. Bill, you or Hart would not about the accuracy of that.

I predict that Davis goes and West stays.

Davis is Ryan Gomes plus two inches: a guy who plays hard but is still a below average NBA big man. That talent level is worth more to a small market team trying to economically fill out an NBA roster than to the Celtics. West, on the other hand, is as good a plug-in sub for Rondo as there is, and his personal baggage is accepted by the Celtics, whereas it would make potential suitors wary.

I read earlier this week that Iverson says he'd like to go to the Celtics... though I suspect that at this point in his career, he is saying that to reporters in every city. I don't see him as a fit and better than Nate Robinson was, but with the frantic retooling that now must take place, and with Iverson's discount price tag, he will likely wind up somewhere where he is not a perfect fit.

Is Antoine Walker eligible for work-release?

Then there is this "amnesty" rule....:confused:

OK..say a player like Miami's Mike Miller is given "amnesty". The HEAT pays the rest of this entire salary but does not count against their cap...BUT frees up the salary space for the team. Now, in the life of the new CBA, every team can do this ONLY ONCE. Now, all the teams that HAVE a worse record than the team that has given the player amnesty...get to claim him 1st. Once he goes through something that looks like waviers...then he becomes and unrestricted free agent.

I'm done with the NBA. I'm just glad that I got to see the Mavericks finally get a championship before this mess happened. Dirk is a classy player and actually plays like a team player unlike the flab-3 on the Heat....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts