NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Bill.....means nothing now. Just like having a great record during the regular season, come playoff time.....it won't really matter who they lost to.

I appreciate what you're saying, but this team has sleepwalked since that impressive win in Orlando on Christmas Day. They have one and done written all over them come playoff time!

And today they lose to the NETS at HOME!!!! :eek:

Bill.....you know full well that in a one game situation...anything can happen. You can give the NYets 15 games against Boston and I doubt they win 2....much less beat Boston 4 out of 7. ;-)

Shaq out for the rest of the season being reported right now on ESPN.

Hit the road jack, and don't you come back no more no more no more no more hit the road jack and don't you come back no more

The injury to Shaq is obviously a huge blow to the team.

The team hasn't officially given a timeline as to how long he'll be out, but a typical recovery from thumb surgery is 4-6 weeks. That means he'll most likely be out for the remainder of the regular season, but will be able to return for the playoffs. The good news is that he can still run, be involved in light practice and stay in shape until he's ready to play again.

And make no bones about it, the Cavs got Shaq for two reasons: To square off against Dwight Howard and the Magic & to counter one of the bigs on the LA Lakers or whoever comes out of the West. There's not another team we can't beat in the East without Shaq. As long as he's back for such a series in the playoffs, if we make it that far, we'll be just fine.

In the meantime, there will be plenty of minutes for all the bench players. For those who were complaining about certain players not getting enough minutes, there will now be plenty of minutes to go around now. You can never have enough depth and fortunately for the Cavs, we are DEEP. Time for Leon Powe to step up.

Final score- 124-93.

Now it's 4 in a row under Jamison.

(I was a tad surprised LeBron had 22 in the game- last time these teams played, he had 23 in one quarter. When I heard about the score in the first half and third quarter, I thought we'd see a reenactment)

Final score- 124-93.

Now it's 4 in a row under Jamison.

(I was a tad surprised LeBron had 22 in the game- last time these teams played, he had 23 in one quarter. When I heard about the score in the first half and third quarter, I thought we'd see a reenactment)

The Cavs were up by 49 at one point in the 4th before the D-Leagures came off the bench. As for LeBron, he reeled his game in after the 1st quarter where he had 13 points and they realized the game was going to be a blow-out. Plus, he didn't even play the majority of the second half. Still, not too shabby of a line considering this was basically thru 2 quarters: 22 pts, 7 reb, 7 ast, 2 blk, 2 stl

From what I see, the Knicks have a glaring issue and it's not just lack of talent. They run down the court and jack up a quick shot. They don't even care about getting the rebound or playing defense on the other end. Their entire philosophy is based on taking and making more shots than their opponent. As long as they keep this mentality, they will never be successful in this league.

LeBron James Files Application for Jersey Number Change

James told The Plain Dealer on Monday that he's filed the paperwork with the NBA office to switch his jersey number from No. 23 to No. 6 next season. He had to make the decision this week, the deadline to make the request to the NBA is Wednesday.

James first brought up the idea in November, saying he wanted to give up No. 23 out of respect to his hero, Michael Jordan.

No. 6, is his Olympic number and the day of the month his first son was born.

Is LeBron tipping his hand as to say he's staying in Cleveland? Players who don't change teams have to apply to change their number in March before the previous season. If he were to go to a new team, he wouldn't have to file an application.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/03/lebron_james_files_application.html

Old Footage to Remind You How Good NBA Fans Have it Now

Wardens pull Plax's playtime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)