NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Would you sit LeBron James? - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! Sports

The article writer brings up a good point:

Besides, what do the Cavs have left? They've clinched everything there is to clinch.

(There is history. Last year, he sat out the season finale. Besides, the Cavs need to be as healthy as possible going into the playoffs)

Sky, HD- what do you think? Rest or playing out for the King?

I've got no issue with resting LeBron. After last night, there's only 3 games left. I would like to see some of the guys who missed some recent time get more minutes to stay sharp for the playoffs including Big Z, Shaq and Anderson Varejao.

When will an NBA playoff team get old school tough enough to establish "Jordan" rules similar to what the Piston's Bad Boys had when they won a couple of championships with Isiah and Lambier and a quality coach in Daddy Rich.
Kobe and Lebron rules would be simple: When they drive, foul them and get your moneys worth on every foul. If they dare to go into the paint after a few fouls then foul them harder. That is what a team with heart would do but these days you could put skirts on Lebron and Kobe because they never get fouled hard. Historians of the game will recall that MJ-Jordan was fouled repeatedly by the Pistons who showed the way to win was to play clean but tough basketball. Where is the heart to win and to challenge Lebron and Kobe? It's not there and I don't believe it's ever coming back to the NBA.

I think it's wise that Brown is resting Lebron. No need to tempt fate in this town.......

When will an NBA playoff team get old school tough enough to establish "Jordan" rules similar to what the Piston's Bad Boys had when they won a couple of championships with Isiah and Lambier and a quality coach in Daddy Rich.
Kobe and Lebron rules would be simple: When they drive, foul them and get your moneys worth on every foul. If they dare to go into the paint after a few fouls then foul them harder. That is what a team with heart would do but these days you could put skirts on Lebron and Kobe because they never get fouled hard. Historians of the game will recall that MJ-Jordan was fouled repeatedly by the Pistons who showed the way to win was to play clean but tough basketball. Where is the heart to win and to challenge Lebron and Kobe? It's not there and I don't believe it's ever coming back to the NBA.

How about the opposing team develops a fundamental defensive strategy that can limit the damage by LeBron or Kobe? "Fouling hard" is not the answer. For one, Kobe & LeBron can hit from outside and if the lane was taken away, they'd kill the opposing team that way. Also, LeBron has an unparalleled way of avoiding traffic in the lane by twisting, contorting and quickly shifting out of the way. Opposing teams have tried to stop him multiple ways, including fouling hard, but none seem to work. It's not the lack of will by an opposing team either. It's just that no one defender is good enough to stop them, plain and simple.

Better than MJ Huh. No the difference is not in the quality of the player, Lebron and Kobe are not that much different than MJ was. The difference is the soft mindset of the defensive team approach. I didn't say do anything illegal, just "when Lebron or Kobe comes inside get your moneys worth on every foul." Make them beat you from outside is how Butler and Duke got into the finals this year. They exposed a severe weakness in Kentucky and the rest as being unable to win from the outside. Witness Kentucky's guard Wall's inability to hit threes when he needed to in the big game or Kansas State. The difference I believe is the old school teams wouldn't allow Lebron and Kobe access to the lane without pain. There will be pain in the lane!

Translation- foul every 20 seconds and give the other team too many trips to the free throw line.

I was with the crew that covered the BULLS during the late 80s throughout the late 90s and those Pistons teams were very tough, but quite a few times they went WAY OVER "clean but tough basketball". ESPECIALLY Rick Mahorn and Bill Lambier...and junior hack artist Dennis Rodman.

How about the opposing team develops a fundamental defensive strategy that can limit the damage by LeBron or Kobe? "Fouling hard" is not the answer. For one, Kobe & LeBron can hit from outside and if the lane was taken away, they'd kill the opposing team that way. Also, LeBron has an unparalleled way of avoiding traffic in the lane by twisting, contorting and quickly shifting out of the way. Opposing teams have tried to stop him multiple ways, including fouling hard, but none seem to work. It's not the lack of will by an opposing team either. It's just that no one defender is good enough to stop them, plain and simple.
No one has tried to play tough enough on LeBron to stop him. Kobe can't drive the lane anymore because of age/wear and tear and LeBron can easily be slowed if teams are willing to be tough enough. Problem is, no team is tough enough to do it. LeBron isn't a good enough jump shooter and relies way too much on his physical strength at going to the basket that if a team was able to cut him off, the Cavs would be done. I think the only team that can do this is Boston though.

also, the officiating in Denver last night was just as humorous as in Utah the other night. hopefully these guys don't ruin the playoffs

LeBron isn't a good enough jump shooter and relies way too much on his physical strength at going to the basket that if a team was able to cut him off, the Cavs would be done.

I think he has a good jumper for a foward. BUT if he had to depend on it to score.....I don't think it's Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony good. I DO agree his game is highly dependant of his strength to the basket, HIS is a power game....Jordan's was a finese and speed/1st step to the basket game.

LeBron likely shut down for remainder of regular season...

What Mike Brown is doing is controversial (resting all key players) and so is this: he may shut down LeBron for the rest of the regular season. There is some sympathy for fans who have taken measures to make these games. It is especially hard on a weekend when fans often travel distances to come. But this is the risk of buying any ticket to any sporting event, there may be circumstances that prevent everyone from playing. Players are just scheduled to appear. If Tiger Woods missed the cut at the Masters, Augusta National was not offering refunds. Nature of the business even if it is upsetting to the fans. The Cavs believe this is the best way to prepare for the playoffs.

wow so Kobe choked at the end...and then he gives this weird ass smile at the end. knowing him as a competitor, I never would have thought he would lose a game on purpose. but this smile makes me think otherwise. i think he purposely blew it to help ensure the Lakers don't play Portland. Either way, the west is just too damn good like last 10 years, and playing the Thunder or Spurs will be just as difficult as Portland

The Boston Celtics are capable of beating any team in the league for the first 30 minutes of a game.:(

They led Cleveland, 69-58 after 30 minutes Friday. They lead Cleveland by 5 with five minutes to go in the second period. But Rasheed Wallace had to go 3 for 3 on three point attempts to put them where they are. He typically goes 0 for 3.

They led Cleveland, 69-58 after 30 minutes Friday. They lead Cleveland by 5 with five minutes to go in the second period. But Rasheed Wallace had to go 3 for 3 on three point attempts to put them where they are. He typically goes 0 for 3.

Rasheed was unconscious on Monday as the Celtics came out of halftime and lit up the Cavs in the 3rd quarter, outscoring them 31-12. I'd say they learned their lesson from last Friday.

BTW, we're in playoff discussion here...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/209199-2010-nba-playoffs.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)