NBA League Pass Help!

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
I just had a Hopper installed and now my LP channels are missing. On the VIP922 they were in the 560-572 range. On the Hopper it looks like the start at 470, but I'm only getting 470-02 and the technical support person says that all I should get?

I need help from a DIRT rep!

The NBA LP channels on that particular receiver are
470-02 thru 470-13

sounds like maybe they didnt authorize the LP channels on the new receiver

The NBA LP channels on that particular receiver are
470-02 thru 470-13

sounds like maybe they didnt authorize the LP channels on the new receiver
Everyone I've talked to at Dish all the way up to advanced technical support thinks that the only channels I can see(470-02) is all that I should see.

nope you should have all of the channels if you subscribe to the NBA LP
VIP numbering/Hopper numbering
561 470-02
562 470-13
563 470-03
564 470-04
565 470-05
566 470-06
567 470-07
568 470-08
569 470-09
570 470-10
571 470-11
572 472-12

I wonder if it has to do with you being in AK?

nope you should have all of the channels if you subscribe to the NBA LP
VIP numbering/Hopper numbering
561 470-02
562 470-13
563 470-03
564 470-04
565 470-05
566 470-06
567 470-07
568 470-08
569 470-09
570 470-10
571 470-11
572 472-12

I wonder if it has to do with you being in AK?
If I still had the 922 I'd see them in the 560-572 range, they were there the day I swapped out. They have to be mapping the same transponder to both ranges, I don't think they have the capacity to waste. That being said I wouldn't doubt it.

Dish is having MAJOR PROBLEMS for us Hopper users in Alaska, Hawaii and PR. You will wind channels missing that you received the day before, mapdowns wrong or not available, live games disappear and the channel comes back after the game, Sirus/XM channels not there.

They have been told about the problems but who knows when the fix will show up.
I wouldn't bother going through the tech phone calls because it will just be a waste of your time until they fix the software.

There are some threads in the main forum regarding this.

Dish is having MAJOR PROBLEMS for us Hopper users in Alaska, Hawaii and PR. You will wind channels missing that you received the day before, mapdowns wrong or not available, live games disappear and the channel comes back after the game, Sirus/XM channels not there.

They have been told about the problems but who knows when the fix will show up.
I wouldn't bother going through the tech phone calls because it will just be a waste of your time until they fix the software.

There are some threads in the main forum regarding this.
I've noticed a few problems so far.

1. I was blocked from watching the HD broadcast of the Oklahoma State on ESPN 2 yesterday. I wonder if it's because it stated that it was going to be on ABC or ESPN. If it was broadcast on our local ABC network it would normally be blacked out. It wasn't on our local channel, but I wonder if that's where the problem is. Although why only Alaska, Hawaii or PR?

2. Missing the last couple of minutes of PTAT shows because Alaska stations tend to run over and no way to extend the time. I suppose I could disable PTAT and set them up manually.

3. The sound on several shows sounded garbled.

4. Missing the majority of NBA League Pass channels. Dish did remove the first payment for LP and may remove the next payment as well if it's not fixed by then. Does anyone use LP with Apple TV? I was wondering if it works?

5. Problems watching programs transferred from my VIP922 to an external hard drive. I can watch programs from the local networks, but programs that were recorded from HBO, Lifetime, Etc are not authorized. I have a lot of programs and series that I would like to catch up on and right now they're useless.

Last edited:
Do you still subscribe to HBO, Lifetime and the other channels that your recorded content were aired on?
Yes and I can still view all of those channels. I just recorded a show from the food network and transferred it to the EHD. It's one of the shows transferred from the 922 that isn't authorized and the new episode plays fine on the EHD.

I did get the LP problem fixed. The second advanced technical support person I talked to realized that it needed deactivated from my 922 and reactivated on the Hopper. Ten minutes later all is okay.

nope...one tuner wants to hang out on ch 470...usually with the hopper its 470-01 470-02, but this tuner is 470...i tried to see if a csr could give me league pass for free and see if im subscribed to that channel then maybe it will snap out of it...he insisted i had a bad tuner and to switch out hopper...except I dont have a ehd...its just frustrating haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts