NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

Pearl from Tennessee is next in line from what I'm hearing. I don't understand why nobody would want this job. This is an excellent BB school. I think Arizona dodged the train wreck when Floyd turned them down. What has that guy ever done? You think he would have jumped at the chance to get out of the USC football program's shadow.
Floyd is a bum I agree. The problem is that all of Arizona's best players are turning pro and they haven't recruited anyone in over 2 years. They will finish last in the Pac 10 next year. Unless you're a program like Indiana or Kentucky that is a tough situation to walk into. I doubt Pearl would leave Tennessee for that.

You can rebuild a program in a hurry, if you can recruit well. Five freshman can take you to the championship game. I have some experience with that.;)
You gotta get a guy who has the chops to sign great players. The way it's looking for Arizona they won't get that guy. This is how good programs become irrelevant. Lute Olsen built them into a power. Often times when a legendary coach leaves it can all fall apart. What has St John's done since Lou Carnisecca retired? Or NC State since Jimmy V left? Or Houston since Guy Lewis retired? Or DePaul since Ray Meyer retired?

Tim Floyd to remain as coach at USC - ESPN

File this under trainwreck. Tim Floyd isn't that a good of a coach anyway. Now Arizona's been rejected by Pitino, Mark Few, Jeff Capel and now Floyd. And they've got no good players coming back next year. They're gonna be like Indiana was this year. I think they may have to just give the job back to Russ Pennell. D'oh. :rolleyes:

Wait, what? I thought Floyd to Arizona was a done deal? Guess not.

Pearl from Tennessee is next in line from what I'm hearing. I don't understand why nobody would want this job. This is an excellent BB school. I think Arizona dodged the train wreck when Floyd turned them down. What has that guy ever done? You think he would have jumped at the chance to get out of the USC football program's shadow.

Well for one, Floyd currently has 3 Top 50 recruits on his USC team.

Louisville hasn't fallen off- Rick Pitino took over after Denny Crum stepped down, and they've been fine.
The reason Louisville's good again is Pitino. When you get a big time coach to replace a legend you can keep things going. When you strikeout like Arizona's doing you wind up becoming irrelevant.

Trivia question:

with this being the third year in a row North Carolina was a #1 seed in their region, I was wondering what's the record for most conecutive years by one school as a regional top-seed.

(I know Michigan State also did it from 1999-2001, as well as Oklahoma from 1988-1990)

Trivia question:

with this being the third year in a row North Carolina was a #1 seed in their region, I was wondering what's the record for most conecutive years by one school as a regional top-seed.

(I know Michigan State also did it from 1999-2001, as well as Oklahoma from 1988-1990)
dook did it from 98-02 and again from 04-06. They could have gone on a UCLA style run of NC's but only won it all once. Now they're lucky just to make the Sweet 16.

Trivia question:

Has to be UCLA, but I don't know how many.

Xavier's Sean Miller rejects offer from Arizona and will stay with the Musketeers.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4045199"]Reports: Sean Miller rejects, then accepts Arizona job - ESPN[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)