NCAA Football 2007-08

Which one of you was saying that Kansas should be ranked ahead of OSU ?

That was me Jimbo.

You just went the opposite direction with your last post, stating that the better conference should be ahead.

How so?

Do you really rank a Big 12 top team ahead of a Top Big 10 and number 1 ranked team in the nation ???

Yes. I've said before that I think the Big10, from top to bottom, is the weakest of the major conferences. There just seem to be more teams in the Big10 these days that just don't compete well - more than there are in the Big12, SEC, or PAC10 anyway.

Last edited:
What is the MNC, is that for mythical ?

Also, according to the scoreboard, Kansas doesn't play till 8 pm, do you know something we don't ? Should we call Vegas ? :)

Jimbo

Oops, I was thinking of the Mizzou game over A&M today and somehow had KU playing them. I'm on cold medication.:eek:

Yeah, the M stands for mythical - don't know where I heard that from, but thought it was an appropriate acronym. :)

NCAA Football Bowl games

Has anyone seen the schedule for this years Bowl games as far as Game /Time / Date yet ?

I thought I did a few days ago, but cannot remember where.

Jimbo

2007-08 Bowl Schedule
CBS SportsLine.com staff

Below is a list of the 2007-08 Bowl Schedule. The NCAA approved the same 32 bowl games for this season as last year. The top two teams in the BCS rankings will meet in the BCS National Title in New Orleans on Jan. 7.

Date Bowl Location TV Time Matchup
Jan. 7 BCS Title New Orleans FOX 8 p.m. BCS No. 1 vs. BCS No. 2
Jan. 6 GMAC Mobile, Ala. ESPN 8 p.m. MAC vs. C-USA No. 2
Jan. 5 International Toronto ESPN2 Noon Big East vs. MAC
Jan. 3 Orange Miami FOX 8 p.m. BCS vs. BCS
Jan. 2 Fiesta Glendale, Ariz. FOX 8 p.m. BCS vs. BCS
Jan. 1 Rose Pasadena, Calif. ABC 4:30 p.m. BCS vs. BCS
Jan. 1 Sugar New Orleans FOX 8:30 p.m. BCS vs. BCS
Jan. 1 Outback Tampa, Fla. ESPN 11 a.m. Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC
Jan. 1 Cotton Dallas FOX 11:30 a.m. Big 12 vs. SEC
Jan. 1 Gator Jacksonville, Fla. CBS Noon ACC No. 3 vs. Big East/Big 12
Jan. 1 Capital One Orlando, Fla. ABC 1 p.m. Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2
Dec. 31 Armed Forces Fort Worth, Tex. ESPN 12:30 p.m. Pac-10 No. 6 vs. MWC
Dec. 31 Sun El Paso, Tex. CBS 2 p.m. Pac-10 No. 3 vs. Big 12/Big East
Dec. 31 Humanitarian Boise, Idaho ESPN2 2 p.m. WAC vs. ACC No. 8
Dec. 31 Music City Nashville, Tenn. ESPN 4 p.m. SEC vs. ACC No. 5/6/7
Dec. 31 Chick-fil-A Atlanta ESPN 7:30 p.m. SEC No. 5 vs. ACC No. 2
Dec. 31 Insight Tempe, Ariz. NFL Net. TBD Big Ten No. 6 vs. Big 12 No. 6
Dec. 30 Independence Shreveport, La. ESPN 8 p.m. Big 12 No. 7 vs. SEC
Dec. 29 Meineke Car Care Charlotte, N.C. ESPN 1 p.m. ACC No. 5/6/7 vs. Big East No. 3
Dec. 29 Liberty Memphis, Tenn. ESPN 4:30 p.m. C-USA No. 1 vs. SEC
Dec. 29 Alamo San Antonio ESPN 8 p.m. Big Ten No. 4/5 vs. Big 12 No. 5
Dec. 28 Texas Houston NFL Net. 8 p.m. Big 12 No. 8 vs. C-USA No. 6
Dec. 28 Champs Sports Orlando, Fla. ESPN 5 p.m. ACC No. 4 vs. Big Ten No. 4/5
Dec. 28 Emerald San Francisco ESPN 8:30 p.m. ACC No. 5/6/7 vs. Pac-10 No. 4
Dec. 27 Holiday San Diego, Calif. ESPN 8 p.m. Pac-10 No. 2 vs. Big 12
Dec. 26 Motor City Detroit, Mich. ESPN 7:30 p.m. MAC vs. Big Ten No. 7
Dec. 23 Hawaii Honolulu ESPN 8 p.m. WAC vs. C-USA No. 5
Dec. 22 Papajohns.com Birmingham, Ala. ESPN2 1 p.m. Big East vs. C-USA No. 3
Dec. 22 New Mexico Albuquerque, N.M. ESPN 4:30 p.m. MWC vs. WAC
Dec. 22 Las Vegas Las Vegas, Nev. ESPN 8 p.m. Pac-10 No. 5 vs. MWC No. 1
Dec. 21 New Orleans New Orleans ESPN2 8 p.m. Sun Belt No. 1 vs. C-USA No. 4
Dec. 20 Poinsettia San Diego, Calif. ESPN 9 p.m. MWC vs. at-large*
Note: Notre Dame is considered a Big East school in the bowl selection process. *-If Navy is bowl eligible, it will play in the Poinsettia Bowl on Dec. 20.

I have a question - what are the bands for that all the players are wearing this year just above the elbows and below the knees? :confused: My wife keeps asking me this and I feel like a dumbarse because I don't have an answer.

OSU has lost ...
Why should it be LSU and Kansas ??? What about the rest of the 8-9 1 loss teams.

OSU loses, should the drop a few spots or out of the top 20 ?
Other teams lose and drop a few, well see what happens with the Bucks.

There are 9 one loss teams now and Alabama has lost again as well.

Jimbo

Damn! The Buckeye's losing has taken some of the fun out of next week's game. I was really hoping it would be MICHIGAN knocking the zero out of their record. I still hope we mop the field with you guys next week, but it won't be as much fun now that you have lost. So much for the Big Ten's National title run.

Don't know if Kansas played yesterday, But if they are undefeated, they deserve their shot at #1, followed by Oregon and LSU.

Damn! The Buckeye's losing has taken some of the fun out of next week's game. I was really hoping it would be MICHIGAN knocking the zero out of their record. I still hope we mop the field with you guys next week, but it won't be as much fun now that you have lost. So much for the Big Ten's National title run.

Don't know if Kansas played yesterday, But if they are undefeated, they deserve their shot at #1, followed by Oregon and LSU.

Yes, Plenty of times you guy's have already had a loss and looked to our game to ruin our season.
It happened quite often when Cooper was around.

This is good for the Buckeyes, now maybe they will focus next week.
For the last several weeks they have won, but did not look as sharp as you might think and Saturday was the worse yet.

Jimbo

LSU .... Oregon

Well all you SEC fans.
It looks like with Oregon and Dixon going down.
LSU gets to go to the National Championship game BY DEFAULT
No different than what you all said about the Buckeyes " They are there because everyone else is losing"
Of course this is IF they win out.

Jimbo

LSU gets to go to the National Championship game BY DEFAULT

LSU still has to win out against Ol' Miss and Arkansas, then beat Tennessee or Georgia in the SEC Championship game. A few years ago LSU looked to be able to go to the BCS game, but Georgia shocked them in the SEC Championship game, could history repeat? So I wouldn't say it's by default, still a hard road to go.

Big 12 will be interesting, with Kansas & Missouri playing against one another and the Big 12 Championship game looming. Not to mention other big games they all have. There's a chance they could all take each other out of the hunt. If Kansas wins out though, there should be no argument to them being in the BCS game.

[/b]

LSU still has to win out against Ol' Miss and Arkansas, then beat Tennessee or Georgia in the SEC Championship game. A few years ago LSU looked to be able to go to the BCS game, but Georgia shocked them in the SEC Championship game, could history repeat? So I wouldn't say it's by default, still a hard road to go.

Big 12 will be interesting, with Kansas & Missouri playing against one another and the Big 12 Championship game looming. Not to mention other big games they all have. There's a chance they could all take each other out of the hunt. If Kansas wins out though, there should be no argument to them being in the BCS game.

If KY wins out they tie for the East title.

If you go 11-1 as a member of the SEC this year, plus win the SEC championship game, you deserve to be in the MNC. The same goes for going undefeated in the Big12 this year. Being undefeated against inferior opponents in a weaker conference shoudn't be a free ticket to the MNC, although I'd love to see those cute little hula girls partying on Bourbon Street!

I really wish Dixon would've stayed in the game last night. Seeing how bad Oregon's defense looks when they play away from home, I was envisioning how bad they might've looked against my Tigers in the Superdome. Not that LSU is a lock to get there - hardly. They have a long way to go still. Ole Miss always plays LSU like it is the game of the year for them (4 out of the last 5 games have been determined by 3 points or less), and they gave Florida and Alabama all they could handle - don't be surprised if this is a closer game than expected, or even an upset. As for Arkansas, well...McFadden...nuff said. And finally, that unnecessary (as Jimbo put it, and I agree) SECCG will be the biggest hurdle of them all after a long 12 game season in the SEC.

Should be fun to watch from here on out - any one loss team still has a chance. Don't lose hope you Bucknut fans!

Geaux Tigers!

Last edited:
I am thinking it will be a Big12 Team (Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma) against Ohio State should they beat Michigan. Of course, all the top teams could suffer a L in the coming weeks.

If you go 11-1 as a member of the SEC this year, plus win the SEC championship game, you deserve to be in the MNC. The same goes for going undefeated in the Big12 this year. Being undefeated against inferior opponents in a weaker conference shoudn't be a free ticket to the MNC, although I'd love to see those cute little hula girls partying on Bourbon Street!

I really wish Dixon would've stayed in the game last night. Seeing how bad Oregon's defense looks when they play away from home, I was envisioning how bad they might've looked against my Tigers in the Superdome. Not that LSU is a lock to get there - hardly. They have a long way to go still. Ole Miss always plays LSU like it is the game of the year for them (4 out of the last 5 games have been determined by 3 points or less), and they gave Florida and Alabama all they could handle - don't be surprised if this is a closer game than expected, or even an upset. As for Arkansas, well...McFadden...nuff said. And finally, that unnecessary (as Jimbo put it, and I agree) SECCG will be the biggest hurdle of them all after a long 12 game season in the SEC.

Should be fun to watch from here on out - any one loss team still has a chance. Don't lose hope you Bucknut fans!

Geaux Tigers!

Provided the Buckeyes win tomorrow, I still don't see them moving all the way up to a number 2 position.
They can drop 6 spots with a loss, but I don't see them gaining 5 spots over the next several weeks with all that is above them.

IF they should, I'd be shocked and you all would be screaming about it.

They may move up some with others losses but 2 is a long ways with only one game to go, also the fact that they are done with thier schedule always allows teams that are still playing to move ahead of them, why I don't know, but it always happens.

Jimbo

This is why they suck

Joe Gibbs retires again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)