NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

OREGON STATE WINS!!

1 WIN AWAY FROM THE ROSE BOWL!!

The kicker, who missed an extra point earlier in the quarter, kicks the game-winning field goal with time running out.

What a great redemption story for the kicker.

GO BEAVERS! KEEP USC OUT OF PASADENA!

Well, I guess I don't need to look for that game any longer !

You could have assembled any college football team in history, and they would not win tonight in Norman.

Remember- Bob Stoops does not lose in Norman. Even I said Tech would lose this game... in July, no less!

BTW, you heard it from me first- the Sooners will break Miami's streak of 58-consecutive home wins. Mark it down.

The only question now is does Oklahoma St have a Pickens Plan to stop the Sooners? I don't think wind turbines are going to get it done.

The only question now is does Oklahoma St have a Pickens Plan to stop the Sooners?

Remember- home field advantage.

This is in Stillwater, and no team thrives on home field more than OU.

Consider the last four games the Sooners have played in Stillwater:

2000- Sooners barely survive 12-7

2002- OKState jumps out to a 35-6 lead; Sooners never recover

2004- Sooners survive 38-35 on a missed field goal

2006- Sooners survive 27-21 when the Cowboys' last-gasp hail mary falls short

You could have assembled any college football team in history, and they would not win tonight in Norman.

Remember- Bob Stoops does not lose in Norman. Even I said Tech would lose this game... in July, no less!

BTW, you heard it from me first- the Sooners will break Miami's streak of 58-consecutive home wins. Mark it down.

Where is Oklahoma's home Win streak at ?

Where is Oklahoma's home Win streak at ?

28 going on 29.

Considering that the two losses came in 2001 and 2005, they could easily have a bigger number- heck, if those two games go OU's way, they would have broken Miami's old record of 58.

BTW, this is OU's last home game of the year, so the streak extends to next season.

28 going on 29.

Considering that the two losses came in 2001 and 2005, they could easily have a bigger number- heck, if those two games go OU's way, they would have broken Miami's old record of 58.

BTW, this is OU's last home game of the year, so the streak extends to next season.

Unfortunatly for Oklahoma, they are not USC and play thier bowl games at HOME...
They pretty much look like this every year going into their bowl game and get beat when they get there ...

I can't believe the Rose bowl is going to be a rematch of such a lopsided game. C'mon wouldn't Penn State/Alabama be better, maybe they didn't learn from getting burnt with Illinois last year. This bowl needs to wake up, it isn't 1978 anymore. What a joke these BCS games are.

I wonder if the ESPN talking heads will be ordered to be muted in their criticism of the BCS, now that they have landed the contract?

I wonder why UTAH will not get a shot at a MNC, when if USC or Penn State would of went undefeated they would of been in, and UTAH's schedule is actually harder.

I can't believe the Rose bowl is going to be a rematch of such a lopsided game. C'mon wouldn't Penn State/Alabama be better, maybe they didn't learn from getting burnt with Illinois last year. This bowl needs to wake up, it isn't 1978 anymore. What a joke these BCS games are.

As long as USC's not playing in Pasadena, I'm happy.

BTW, isn't it ironic that this time, it's the Big 10 team is considered the superior team?

Just a bit curious, but what's a Rhodes Scholarship?
It's one of the most prestigious academic scholarships in the country. Only like 20 people get them. The winners get to study for 2 years at Oxford University in England. Bill Bradley and Bill Clinton were previous Rhodes winners. It's incredibly hard for anyone to win, for a football player....

It's one of the most presigious academic scholarships in the country. Only like 20 people get them. The winners get to study for 2 years at Oxford University in England. Bill Bradley and Bill Clinton were previous Rhodes winners. It's incredibly hard for anyone to win, for a football player....

Wow!

Congrats to Mr. Rolle- nice to know that at least one Seminole is NOT a rule-breaker

New question- how will the voters jump OU?

Think about it- impressive performances, and the AP voters fawn over Oklahoma like Sandra fawns over Henrik Lundqvist.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)