NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

1999 was a catastrophic disappointment- from #2 in the final rankings to not making a bowl game

Also, in 2004, they lost to Northwestern for the first time in decades and played in the lower-on-the-totem-level Alamo Bowl.

See the rest of my post, I did not have records for 99 and '00.

Jimbo

I've never met him, but I honestly believe he can really coach college football.

I agree. We get our "personal" info about him from the media. Its obvious that he is stand offish with them. Comes across as an ass, whether its deserved or not. Whatever the case, he can do the college coaching thing as good as anyone.

I agree. We get our "personal" info about him from the media. Its obvious that he is stand offish with them. Comes across as an ass, whether its deserved or not. Whatever the case, he can do the college coaching thing as good as anyone.

He's coached in the area up here. Toledo, I thought he was a decent guy and a hard worker and a great college coach.... he also was up the road at MSU for awhile as well.

Jimbo

he also was up the road at MSU for awhile as well.

And singlehandedly has screwed up the BCS scenarios in 1998 and 2001.

IMO, Nick Saban is usually always causig havoc with the BCS- his teams puls off upsets that wrecke everything.

Florida Atlantic beating Middle Tennessee St., 10-0 at the half!

The same Middle Tennessee State that beat Maryland which beat Cal which beat Michigan State which beat Notre Dame that beat Michigan that beat Wisconsin?

I'm embarassed. This has turned into a full-blown circus.

(Shouldn't this be in the NFL thread----oh, wait--never mind, the Bengals aren't an NFL team right now.)

I think I am boycotting the Bengals until they get a different management system. I will just stick with my Skins for now.

Looking at this whole SEC vs Big 12 argument, I think it's possible the Big 12 could be stronger, but we won't know until they face tougher competition. Just looking at the strength of schedule, the Big 12 is falling behind the SEC right now.

Oklahoma - 78
Missouri - 142
Texas - 115
Texas Tech - 129
Kansas - 101
Oklahoma State - 120

Alabama - 39
LSU - 114
Georgia - 29
Florida - 46
Auburn - 68
Vandy - 35

Of the top 6 teams in each conference, only LSU has had a weaker schedule than anyone in the Big 12 (and they still have had a tougher schedule than Missouri, Texas, Texas Tech, and Okie State).

Looking at this whole SEC vs Big 12 argument, I think it's possible the Big 12 could be stronger, but we won't know until they face tougher competition. Just looking at the strength of schedule, the Big 12 is falling behind the SEC right now.
Big-12 hasn't started conference play yet, but SEC has. OU would have a higher number if they hadn't played a ranked TCU team last week. With several Big-12 teams in the top 25, those numbers will drop. Give it a couple of weeks to settle.

I will admit, I was wrong about Texas.

I thought they were wildly overrated and that Colt McCoy wasn't as good as people want to claim he is; I was wrong.

Auburn is my new most overrated team.

I will admit, I was wrong about Texas.

I thought they were wildly overrated and that Colt McCoy wasn't as good as people want to claim he is; I was wrong.

Auburn is my new most overrated team.
Have to agree with you there. They did not look good at all against Tennessee. Without a fumble in the endzone and Tennessee's inability to move the ball 20 yards for a field goal on about four drives in the 4th quarter, Auburn would have lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)