NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Wannstedt saves his job with an upset.

That's the only reason he still has his job- if Pitt hadn't beat WVU last December, he'd be gone by now.

Now, UConn is back in the driver's seat to represent the conference in a BCS game.

Well, Pitt is now 2-0 in the Big East, and that win in Tampa could differentiate them from the rest of the conference.

I'll tell you what - it might make the December 6th game (Pitt @ UConn) just HUGE :)

Well, Pitt is now 2-0 in the Big East, and that win in Tampa could differentiate them from the rest of the conference.

I'll tell you what - it might make the December 6th game (Pitt @ UConn) just HUGE :)
Choices on December 6th for HUGE game:
SEC championship game to possibly determine BCS championship team
Big XII championship game to possibly determine BCS championship team
Pitt at UConn to possibly determine participant in Meineke Car Care Bowl :D

SOMEBODY has to represent the BCS from the Big East despite Sam's vociferous demands and complaints.

Miami plays Florida State this weekend, yet nobody cares or knows.

Once upon a time, this was 'circle the date on your calendar' huge. Now, it's a case of 'once-awesome rivalry living in the past'

You guys mocked me when I suggested that Raiders/Horns would be the big showdown of the day on November 1; well, looks like things are going in the right direction.

Georgia and Florida could potentially have up to three/four losses combined by the time they play on the day after Halloween. (LSU could hammer a nail into their coffins)

If Texas and Texas Tech have zero or one combined losses, that could have much higher stakes, since Georgia and Florida have already been beaten.

Besides, it would be a break from Gameday's weekly SEC visits.

GO TO BIG 12 COUNTRY!!

HD, Jimbo, Sandra,

are any of you nervous about the Scarlet and Gray having to go to Camp Randall?

You know Wisky will be livid after gagging to "Richigan."

I'm sure you remember what happened the last time tOSU went into Madison.

Anyone care about tonight's Friday night college football game?

The last three weeks have been good ones- the Kansas-South Florida thriller and close wins for unbeaten UConn- but now we have a dud: Cincinnati-Marshall.

Randy Moss in not walking through that door.

Since undefeated Utah beat the team that beat USC, logically they should be ranked about USC.
But since when has logic ever had anything to do with the polls. :rolleyes:

All this shows is that we should not have pre-season polls, and just start the polls in November, like the Harris Poll is done.

I've felt this way for a long time now, wait till like 5 weeks into the season.

The pre season polls are just there to get you talking about college football is all !

Jimbo

Choices on December 6th for HUGE game:
SEC championship game to possibly determine BCS championship team
Big XII championship game to possibly determine BCS championship team

All league games should be done by Dec 1st, that way we can start teh playoff system the week after.
Get rid of the conference championship games and we can move along with a playoff system. Those games are unnessasary anyways, just a way to make money.
If they didn't have 12-14 teams in the conference you would not have to split the teams into divisions and would not have a need for them in the first place.

Jimbo

HD, Jimbo, Sandra,

are any of you nervous about the Scarlet and Gray having to go to Camp Randall?

You know Wisky will be livid after gagging to "Richigan."

I'm sure you remember what happened the last time tOSU went into Madison.

Sabre's
Playing Wisconsin is ALWAYS a tough game, especially when playing in Camp Randell, for some reason EVERY time the Bucks play up there it's a NIGHT game, don't they play any day games in Wisconsin ?

Am I nervous ???
No, no need to be nervous.
I would like to see the Bucks lines play well for a change and that would make all the difference in the world.
If the Bucks win, they should move into the top 10 ...
That said, they won the last two games and have DROPPED ...
Personally, after seeing them drop to 12-14 after winning, I don't care what the polls say anymore.
It really doesn't matter anyways, it comes down to a few guys hanging out in thier basement playing with their computers and eventually sometime in December they will tell us who they would like to see play.

Back to the Bucks and Badgers.
It should be a fun game to watch and be interesting to see which top notch RB has the better day. (hence my note about the lines playing well).

Jimbo

Anyone care about tonight's Friday night college football game?

The last three weeks have been good ones- the Kansas-South Florida thriller and close wins for unbeaten UConn- but now we have a dud: Cincinnati-Marshall.

Randy Moss in not walking through that door.

Friday night's for High School games, get rid of the College football.

That said, tonights game will not be top notch teams, but could be a fun game all the same, is it on TV on HD ?

Jimbo

I think I am boycotting the Bengals until they get a different management system. I will just stick with my Skins for now.

Jump off the bandwagon now, and we might not let you back on--at least not with respect. Bengals hardcores are sensitive about that kind of stuff.

All league games should be done by Dec 1st, that way we can start teh playoff system the week after.
I agree. Throw out the bye weeks in some of these conferences (SEC :mad:) and this could easily be done.

Get rid of the conference championship games and we can move along with a playoff system. Those games are unnessasary anyways, just a way to make money.
If they didn't have 12-14 teams in the conference you would not have to split the teams into divisions and would not have a need for them in the first place.
You say the CCGs are unnecessary (and I agree), but then you suggest that they are needed in large conferences (which, let's face it, are not going to get any smaller).

Personally, I don't like the CCGs. Why have to play a team that in most cases you've already played and beaten during the regular season? In the SEC it's just an unfair stumbling block in a conference that is already difficult to play in.

When you think about it, the CCGs are already a type of playoff that other conference teams don't have to go through. If CCG conferences want money that bad, why not support a nationwide playoff and incorporate the CCGs into that?

I agree. Throw out the bye weeks in some of these conferences (SEC :mad:) and this could easily be done.

You say the CCGs are unnecessary (and I agree), but then you suggest that they are needed in large conferences (which, let's face it, are not going to get any smaller).

Personally, I don't like the CCGs. Why have to play a team that in most cases you've already played and beaten during the regular season? In the SEC it's just an unfair stumbling block in a conference that is already difficult to play in.

When you think about it, the CCGs are already a type of playoff that other conference teams don't have to go through. If CCG conferences want money that bad, why not support a nationwide playoff and incorporate the CCGs into that?

Eliminate the 2 subconfrences, and you wouldn't need a championship. Yeah, that will happen.:rolleyes:

Eliminate the 2 subconfrences, and you wouldn't need a championship. Yeah, that will happen.:rolleyes:

In a large conference, all teams don't play each other. They rotate teams between subconferences each year, but it still isn't fair to all teams. That's the only reason I see why they play a CCG. But for it to be fair on the national picture, it needs to be done the same in all conferences, which it won't.

Oh well, we can dream.
laughing.gif

How many teams do you have down there? we have 11 in the BIG TEN. (Spare the jokes about math, they've all been done). How do you propose we play a CCG? You guys wanted a big conference, and you got one, with all the added features. You want a fair national picture? Didn't you guys win the BCS championship last season, and Florida the year before? Are you're winning or whining? You want fair? Finish all your games by Dec.1st, and petition your conference comm. for a national playoff. All the conference winners, and some at-large bids - 16 teams in all, winner take all. No more silly polls and stupid 5th week debates about who is the best in the land.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts