NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Florida just got a gift .....
On a 3rd and 9 the officials blew the call on a catch at the 9, otherwise they would have been looking at a bout a 40 yard field goal.

The receiver had posession of the ball and his elbow touched down inbounds , but he never hung on to the ball once he hit the ground.
Officials looked the play over and determined that he came down with an elbow in bounds and failed to look to see if he hung on to the ball.

I am surprised that the Miami coach didn't have the officials review it to see if the ball was actuallty possesed.

Jimbo

That "Gift" was controversial, but the fact that UF still won 26 to 3 and at no time were they "in trouble" of losing the game. The Gator defense controlled this game, along with the Gator special teams. FLA Offense had trouble (which is rare usually its gator D having trouble) But good news for the gators the D took up the slack of the offense. By the second half teabow did get into a rhythm and pretty much had their way with the U. I like the fact Teabow is throwing more and running less. That 56 yard throw was dead on in the endzone, of course it got called back because of a procedure violation but it still shows his throwing ability.

Also is that the normal QB?? I thought they had a much better one then the one i saw today?

Depends on when you were watching.
Todd Beokman is the starter, but they have tried to give the young guy, Terrelle Pryor as much playing time as that can, he's the QB of the future. As in next year ...

Jimbo

Final Thoughts for today.

1. Did the refs in the BYU/UW game screw up with the celebration penalty, Hell Yeah. Rule books are not made of stone, they are guidelines. The context in which events occur and how a referee views them is not always the same, meaning all calls are judgment calls. The flip of the ball by Jake Locker didn't delay the game, didn't "embarass" or "excite" BYU and didn't cause an all out "mob scene" by the Washington players and added not subtracted from the overall drama of the game by both teams.
There was no real reason in it's context for the refs to make that call.

2. But with that said, UW did not lose the game because of that call. They lost the game because they couldn't execute on the PAT. Washington's kicker hit the ball too low and BYU blew past Washington's front line. That PAT would have been blocked at 1 yard line.

3. Let's not overthink things just 2 weeks in, the only team that has really "wowed" people is USC's win over Virginia and ECU has shown it can beat teams from the ACC and Big East which both look to be weak. The next two weeks though look like the first shake out period for who is legit and who is not.

4. Rich Rodriquez appears to be bent on changing the whole culture at Michigan, not just the offense.

5. One nice trend so far is BCS conference schools playing at non-BCS schools stadiums.
La Tech host Miss. State, Nevada hosted Texas Tech. Next week Wisconsin plays at Fresno St., UCLA plays at BYU and Stanford plays at TCU. Keep it up.

2. Maybe, maybe not, being at the 2 yard line teams are more in the mode of doing what comes natural, pushing it back after the penalty, and the possibility of the team rushing to the line caused havoc in the play.
I'm not using that as an excuse, but if it was a normal extra point it may not have been an issue .

3. Why was the USC win a WOW win, they should have beaten them, regardless, not like Virginia was favored.

Jimbo

Finnaly they push the highly over hyped Ohio St down a notch. When USC beats them they should fall out of the top 10.

4 of the top 10 (2 of the top 5) are SEC teams. Go figure.

Ohio State's game against against OU was a wake-up call. Tressel will have have these guys ready. Don't put too much stock into the close week 2 game.

I actually think our defense matches up well against USC's offense. Hopefully Beanie Wells is ok to go. If so, the Heisman Trophy candidate is going to give the Trojan's fits.

Count me among the surprised to see Pryor limited in playing time last Saturday. Maybe OSU didn't want to "show too much"? Either way, Pryor is a valuabe weapon and we will need him in this upcoming game. Hopefully they have plans for him...

Ohio State's game against against OU was a wake-up call. Tressel will have have these guys ready. Don't put too much stock into the close week 2 game.

I actually think our defense matches up well against USC's offense. Hopefully Beanie Wells is ok to go. If so, the Heisman Trophy candidate is going to give the Trojan's fits.

Count me among the surprised to see Pryor limited in playing time last Saturday. Maybe OSU didn't want to "show too much"? Either way, Pryor is a valuabe weapon and we will need him in this upcoming game. Hopefully they have plans for him...

What time is the game and on what network?

Followed closely by the Big-12: 3 of the top 8, 5 of the top 15. Cincinnati and WVU showed that the Big East are poseurs.

Pfft. I'll give you WVU, but name one team nationally that could go into Norman and win. Maybe USC. Maybe.

Rob, your Huskies should have lost to Temple.

Hogwash. We missed 2 field goals, our QB fumbled going in for a TD, and won in OT.

We beat them by 10+ in normal weather. Keep in mind we played in Hannah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)