NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

2009 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 6 - ESPN

AP poll is out. Cincinnati is ranked ahead of Ohio St. Have the Buckeyes ever not been the top ranked team in their state before? Good to see the voters are not drinking the ND Kool Aid.

Yes .....

A few years back Cincy came very close to beating the Bucks, see they ARE a pretty good team that no one seems to talk about (Cincy)

I don't buy that they are ahead of the Bucks, but oh well, doesn't matter at this point anyways.

In the other poll, the Bucks moved up to 8 and Cincy is 10

I think the deal with VT was that with Miami's win over Oklahoma the win VT had over the Canes looks that much more impressive. Nobody cares what VT did against dook. They were expected to win and they did. dook was never in a position to win. All they did was score a garbage TD late and beat the point spread. Besides Boise St played UC Davis last night. As if the WAC isn't weak enough they brought in a 1-AA team to beat up. That's no way to earn respect.

I think the deal with VT was that with Miami's win over Oklahoma the win VT had over the Canes looks that much more impressive. Nobody cares what VT did against dook. They were expected to win and they did. dook was never in a position to win. All they did was score a garbage TD late and beat the point spread. Besides Boise St played UC Davis last night. As if the WAC isn't weak enough they brought in a 1-AA team to beat up. That's no way to earn respect.

Before the VA Tech / Duke game, you would have expected the spread to be about 21 or there about. They are a top 5 team playing the bottom of the division.
They won by 8 ?

Bucks beat Toledo (40-0) that would manhandle Duke or a lot of other , not top teams and the Bucks dropped.
Then they beat Illinois, a team that always gives them trouble , (30-0) and again don't get any respect, yes they did move up a little.
But a UNTESTED Va Tech team squeaks by a basically AA team and moves up .......

Hummmmmm .........

I'm not complaining, just say'in

Ok, tOSU has beaten NO ONE and has 1 loss and they are ranked ABOVE The U...has beaten 3 teams that were ranked...??!! :rolleyes:

LMAO!!!

You know the season all depend on where you start the season as far as the Polls are concerned ......
Where did Miami start the season ?

Last I checked, Miami HAS a loss as well. :rolleyes:

Before the VA Tech / Duke game, you would have expected the spread to be about 21 or there about. They are a top 5 team playing the bottom of the division.
They won by 8 ?

Bucks beat Toledo (40-0) that would manhandle Duke or a lot of other , not top teams and the Bucks dropped.
Then they beat Illinois, a team that always gives them trouble , (30-0) and again don't get any respect, yes they did move up a little.
But a UNTESTED Va Tech team squeaks by a basically AA team and moves up .......

Hummmmmm .........

I'm not complaining, just say'in
Who has Ohio St beaten? Nobody. VT has beaten 2 ranked teams (Miami and Nebraska). That's why VT is where they are and why Ohio St is where they are.

You know the season all depend on where you start the season as far as the Polls are concerned ......
Where did Miami start the season ?

Last I checked, Miami HAS a loss as well. :rolleyes:

They do...and they have 3 quality wins....the Buckeyes have beaten NO ONE.

They BARELY beat Navy....

They lost to the ONLY ranked team they have played AT HOME...

And beat two happless teams in Toledo....and Illinois...

LOL!! Yeah, they have proved they belong in the Top 15...:rolleyes:

You got CRUSHED by Va Tech.
The Bucks got beat in a very good game that went right down to the wire.

You guy's keep saying hapless Toledo, I beg to differ.

IF MIAMI was any good they would have started the season in the top 20 and moving up wouldn't be that hard, till you get into the top 10.

OSU DOES belong where they are in the polls.

Last edited:
You got CRUSHED by Va Tech.
The Bucks got beat in a very good game that went right down to the wire.

You guy's keep saying hapless Toledo, I beg to differ.

Yeah....

Again....the Bucks have NEITHER played anyone ...with the exception of USC....that will scare a high school team nor beaten anyone that would scare a girls flag football team.

You honestly think they should be ranked of the Hurricanes based on what? Please explain....

BTW, Salsa, I am predicting your new avatar will be a Miami U now that the Marlins season is over (P.S. Congrats to Hanley on winning the batting title), combined with the way the Raiders played today.

IF MIAMI was any good they would have started the season in the top 20 and moving up wouldn't be that hard, till you get into the top 10.

OSU DOES belong where they are in the polls.

Wow! You are more of a homer about the Buckeyes than HD is about the Cavs.

At least when the 'Canes were ranked after 2 wins in the top ten, I ADMITTED they didn't belong...

....you guys have done nothing but beat teams representing the schools of emaculate conception...and actually think they should be ranked BEFORE the 'Canes....:eek: LOL!

Redskins Vinnie Cerrato resigns!

Scary news for the Bengals "Chris Henry, dead at 26"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)