NCAA Football 2011-2012

Lol VT #11 still 4 spots ahead of Clemson - see its all in who you lose too and that's what mattered - Clemson was the ONLY team to beat vt regardless if it was twice and Clemson got beat by 3 teams total so there ya have it.

UVA is going to Chik fila Bowl against Auburn so....

Clemson beat Va Tech BADLEY TWICE and is still behind them in the rankings ?

VT only lost to 1 team

Clemson lost to 3 Different teams

That's why! Also keep in mind as of last night VTech lost their All-American corner this season and again early Sat. night; their best two starting linebackers; and two starting interior lineman -- nearly half their defense.

VT needs some help big time on Defense as coming into this year that was their biggest strength since the Offense was breaking in a new QB that's coming along pretty good for 1st year starter.

VT only lost to 1 team

Clemson lost to 3 Different teams

That's why! Also keep in mind as of last night VTech lost their All-American corner this season and again early Sat. night; their best two starting linebackers; and two starting interior lineman -- nearly half their defense.

VT needs some help big time on Defense as coming into this year that was their biggest strength since the Offense was breaking in a new QB that's coming along pretty good for 1st year starter.

Losing 23-3 and 38-10 = 61-13 and somehow Va Tech is the better team ? :confused::facepalm

I bet the other conferences now wish they would have considered the +1 that Slive proposed a few years ago.

Losing 23-3 and 38-10 = 61-13 and somehow Va Tech is the better team ? :confused::facepalm

I told you why... VT lost to only 1 team

Clemson lost to 3 different teams

I don't know why you don't see this? I can't help it..I didn't change that it is what it is but VT took care of business with everyone but that one team.

The Insider said:
Really? The SEC voted for a play off because others voted no?

How about the SEC just wants to decide the game on the field and not in the polls. They know what its like to be screwed with a certain undefeated Auburn team few years back

Dude... They voted full well knowing what the outcome was...what, you don't think those conference presidents talk?

I told you why... VT lost to only 1 team

Clemson lost to 3 different teams

I don't know why you don't see this? I can't help it..I didn't change that it is what it is but VT took care of business with everyone but that one team.

Our point is, Clemson is the better team. They proved it twice, and the games were not even close.
I understand that their losses kept them down, but they are the better team. No doubt at all about that.

Our point is, Clemson is the better team. They proved it twice, and the games were not even close.
I understand that their losses kept them down, but they are the better team. No doubt at all about that.

That's fine and yes I agree Clemson beat VT - but you can't lose to 3 different teams and expect to be better than the team you beat which is the only that beat it.. VT may not have had the solid wins everyone keeps harping on them about but they won and that's what matters - they did beat GT whom beat Clemson and UVA both teams were ranked in the Coaches polls and high when VT won and on their home turf..I think people are over looking any ACC team as a good team and if I was objective outside looking in I or anyone else would see this. VT's only crime was it scheduled App St - well boo hoo...they beat them by 60points...far better than Michigan did a few years ago. Everyteam cept 2 teams VT played have winning records and many are going to a bowl game (excluding Miami whom could have) hell one of these teams without a winning record is Duke but VT has NO CHOICE but to play them - same division so at no fault of their own they get punished for playing them and yeah Duke plays hard but VT won and that's what matters ask Stanford, Duke played hard against them but depth killed them, VT is just getting hammered on Defense since as of today they have 6 starters including 1 all -american out on that side of the ball alone out 5 of which won't return for bowl game...so I think some credit should go to the coaches for keeping them the W side of the stats no matter if Clemson was the ONLY team to beat them this year.

I didnt just say that they beat them.
I said that they are the better team, and proved it. On the field. Twice, and both times were blowouts. Not games that could have gone either way with a play here, or a block there.

But no matter, VT still goes to a BCS bowl.

Big East Expansion?

When will Ohio State get the final resolution from the NCAA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)