NCAA Football 2011-2012

What do you think? It's a non-conference BCS team, when was the last time VPI beat one of those? Probably the reason they didn't schedule any this year...

LOL I mean you are just unbelievable - non stop!! They've schedule non-conference BCS teams every year cept this one and that was just scheduling choices - IMO a good one for a rebuilding Offense and new QB year oh well its done and over with now - they play some good teams next few years starting with Cincy next, Alabama year after that then 2 straight against OSU but ya know what you will still give them nonsense comments about their schedule win or lose which is a shame and typical so far that I've seen.

Lets see if they can win in this Bowl game ...

If they don't then what?? Ya think I should pack up and find another team? LOl I mean what do you expect...gotta be a winner gotta be a loser and depending on which team of VT's shows up will decide the outcome. To be honest I don't think they will win cause of the Defense has been hammered as of the 2nd Q against Clemson they were without 6 starters including 2 of their best corners and that's hard - notice how Boyd threw to those corners after Hosely went out THE REST OF THE NIGHT...yeah that hurt.

Robinson is just too damn good and unless VT's defense is ALL healthy (which they won't be) or the backups learn the next 2 years in the next 4 weeks it will be damn hard to beat Michigan.

I can Quote Mickey Mouse but that doesn't mean he knows football either- VT is one of the winningest CFB programs since 1995 FACT... I found it funny how so much hate is going towards VT yet they win win win.... 8 years straight of 10 win seasons, they find a way to win. VT is a well known name just like Michigan is and the match up is a great one should be a fun game - more exciting I think than the national title game and just a little under the Fiesta Bowl.

Just makes me sick of all the VT hate around the nation cause of how they got into the Sugar Bowl... I much rather like having them here than the Orange Bowl and GLAD they lost to Clemson for it. VT will step up to this game I hope they win but even if they lose they at least stepped up - problem is if they lose and yeah it could happen (has to be a winner and has to be a loser) then at no fault of their own they will get looked down at again with all that talent. I just hope the play calling stays around what they used in the Miami and GT game rather than a copy of the copy they used for both Clemson games...just horrible.

The same thing can be said about Boise St... undefeated seasons and people still dont want them in. I think even you said they dont belong.

If they don't then what?? Ya think I should pack up and find another team? LOl I mean what do you expect...gotta be a winner gotta be a loser and depending on which team of VT's shows up will decide the outcome. To be honest I don't think they will win cause of the Defense has been hammered as of the 2nd Q against Clemson they were without 6 starters including 2 of their best corners and that's hard - notice how Boyd threw to those corners after Hosely went out THE REST OF THE NIGHT...yeah that hurt.

Robinson is just too damn good and unless VT's defense is ALL healthy (which they won't be) or the backups learn the next 2 years in the next 4 weeks it will be damn hard to beat Michigan.

Then what? Then nothing for you. They are your team no matter win lose. Same as me with FLA sucking it up this year.. But fact is they will certainly be exposed for the fraud they are, and the same it is they are in the BCS.

The same thing can be said about Boise St... undefeated seasons and people still dont want them in. I think even you said they dont belong.

BoiseSt does NOT belong in the NC game or a BCS game for that matter cause they don't play in any decent conf against decent to good teams week in and week out. Lou Holtz says this every time the conversation comes up cause he knows as do others. Boise St couldn't contend 3 weeks straight against 3 good teams even many from the ACC back to back - instead just like last year they play a good team and have to take a break for a week to recover - did the same this year after the Georgia game.

Then what? Then nothing for you. They are your team no matter win lose. Same as me with FLA sucking it up this year.. But fact is they will certainly be exposed for the fraud they are, and the same it is they are in the BCS.

VT isn't a fraud - if they lose then ohh well they lost but at least they played and still had 11 wins this season regardless of who they played. FLA has won how many games this season...6??? And yet you say a 11 win team is a fraud?? WTF - get over it, they won 11 games simple as that. for 8 years SOLID they have won 10 or more games and many of those were against out of conf teams more so many were against ACC ranked teams - last year alone they beat 4-5 ranked teams I believe so they are one of the winningest teams if not THE WINNINGEST team since 1995.

They earned their spot in the BCS and I along with other fans hope they make the best of it but hey, Michigan is a damn good team too and good luck to them.

BoiseSt does NOT belong in the NC game or a BCS game for that matter cause they don't play in any decent conf against decent to good teams week in and week out. Lou Holtz says this every time the conversation comes up cause he knows as do others. Boise St couldn't contend 3 weeks straight against 3 good teams even many from the ACC back to back - instead just like last year they play a good team and have to take a break for a week to recover - did the same this year after the Georgia game.

VT isn't a fraud - if they lose then ohh well they lost but at least they played and still had 11 wins this season regardless of who they played. FLA has won how many games this season...6??? And yet you say a 11 win team is a fraud?? WTF - get over it, they won 11 games simple as that. for 8 years SOLID they have won 10 or more games and many of those were against out of conf teams more so many were against ACC ranked teams - last year alone they beat 4-5 ranked teams I believe so they are one of the winningest teams if not THE WINNINGEST team since 1995.

They earned their spot in the BCS and I along with other fans hope they make the best of it but hey, Michigan is a damn good team too and good luck to them.

What a difference a year makes, Last year Michigan would have LOVED to been able to make a BSC bowl game, of course they were only 7-6 ... Played in the Gater bowl and got manhandled.

This year the Bucks are the ones hoping to end up 7-6 ...Go Figure.

Boise didnt play anyone good? They played the same number of highly ranked teams as VTech did. They played the SEC East champion and WON. Vtech played 1 ranked team Clemson and lost twice! Seems to me Boises record against top ranked teams is far better then VTechs. Boise also lost only 1 game, vs Vtech losing twice. Boise also won its conference. VTech didnt. Boise's one loss was by 1 point. VTechs loss were brutal. Who did Boise lose to? #18 2 loss TCU. Who did Vtech lose to twice? #15 3 loss Clemson. So Not only did Boise st have less losses, they won there conference, beat the SEC East Champion, barely lost by 1 missed field goal to ranked TCU. Boise also beat the same number of teams with winning records (which you seem to think means a team is good).

So compared to VTech boise st certainly has the better argument to deserve the BCS bowl. Who has Vtech beat that was of the same caliber as GA? Heck VTech didnt even play anyone of that caliber let alone beat them!

The last several hears Vtech has schedule a big OOC game and the last several years they have lost! It seems every year in the past several VTech schedule a tough team and they got beat. I mean you lost to Boise, James madison, Then in your bowl got killed by Stanford. Did not beat a single team that was still ranked in 2010, but because you had 10 wins thats some how an accomplishment? 10 wins against nobodies. Anyone who was a good ranked team you lost to. 2009 the best team you played was Alabama and lost. You did beat Nebraska who was not ranked at the end of the year. And the 9th best team in the SEC Tenn. 2008 you lost to the mighty E. Carolina..

I mean do you not see the trend? VTech can beat ACC teams, but they seem to have a lot of trouble beating anyone else. At least anyone in the top tier. Vtech is a middle of the road team they have not yet proven they can play at the top. They have 0 quality wins in the last several years.

2007 lost to lsu, and Kansas.

I give VTech all the credit in the world for scheduleing these big tough teams. It shows a lot that they are willing to step up and challange these guys but the fact they lose each time means they just are not ready for the big time. I guess thats why they took a year off...

I had to go all the way back to 2002 to find a top tier team that vtech won against. It was LSU. An LSU team who lost 5 games that year but thats all I could find.

Boise didnt play anyone good? They played the same number of highly ranked teams as VTech did. They played the SEC East champion and WON. Vtech played 1 ranked team Clemson and lost twice! Seems to me Boises record against top ranked teams is far better then VTechs. Boise also lost only 1 game, vs Vtech losing twice. Boise also won its conference. VTech didnt. Boise's one loss was by 1 point. VTechs loss were brutal. Who did Boise lose to? #18 2 loss TCU. Who did Vtech lose to twice? #15 3 loss Clemson. So Not only did Boise st have less losses, they won there conference, beat the SEC East Champion, barely lost by 1 missed field goal to ranked TCU. Boise also beat the same number of teams with winning records (which you seem to think means a team is good).

So compared to VTech boise st certainly has the better argument to deserve the BCS bowl. Who has Vtech beat that was of the same caliber as GA? Heck VTech didnt even play anyone of that caliber let alone beat them!

The last several hears Vtech has schedule a big OOC game and the last several years they have lost! It seems every year in the past several VTech schedule a tough team and they got beat. I mean you lost to Boise, James madison, Then in your bowl got killed by Stanford. Did not beat a single team that was still ranked in 2010, but because you had 10 wins thats some how an accomplishment? 10 wins against nobodies. Anyone who was a good ranked team you lost to. 2009 the best team you played was Alabama and lost. You did beat Nebraska who was not ranked at the end of the year. And the 9th best team in the SEC Tenn. 2008 you lost to the mighty E. Carolina..

I mean do you not see the trend? VTech can beat ACC teams, but they seem to have a lot of trouble beating anyone else. At least anyone in the top tier. Vtech is a middle of the road team they have not yet proven they can play at the top. They have 0 quality wins in the last several years.

I give VTech all the credit in the world for scheduleing these big tough teams. It shows a lot that they are willing to step up and challange these guys but the fact they lose each time means they just are not ready for the big time. I guess thats why they took a year off...

Spot On!

Boise State on the field had a far better season than Va Tech. Va Tech is a better bet for the bowl because of their fan base. Not knocking the Sugar Bowl given the Choices they had, I likely too would have invited Va tech but understanding it has nothing to do with their Meager on field accomplishments this season.

VT played 3 ranked teams this year...make sure you get that right now. Boise St played who this year aside from Georgia then took a week off to recover not to play anyone any good for the rest of the season cept for TCU who finally put the rabid dog down.

Boise lost - ohh well.... VT lost ohh well but VT came out from a better Conf of play against harder teams all season - hell even APP st IMO is better than 3-4 teams Boise St played this year.

So comparing VT against Boise St this year says VT deserved that BCS Bowl game over Boise ST. YOu don't get it do you... VT Played all season long against good teams, Boise St did not - even like I said experts say Boise St couldn't play week in and week out against good teams such as those even in the ACC or Big East - prime example is last two years each big game they played they took a week off after to recover.

Last year you bring up.. yeah VT started off bad I was at both those two first games you don't have to remind me and that was all scheduling screw up even the coaches agreed but ya know what they won the next 11 games straight hottest team in the BCS after that till they played Stanford whom was just a better team ohh well that's what happens in those cases. 2009 you bring up yeah Nebraska was ranked around #14 when VT beat them..great game I was there awesome ending and come back - Losing to Bama ohh well it happens they did go on to win the national title too so thanks VT for the step up since you were a great team and we beat you to add that to our resume.

Lost to ECU on what should have been a neutral field - yeah I was this game too in Panther Stadium...what a fn joke home field all the way even after I felt like I got ripped a new one on those tickets then to watch a punt get blocked in the last min of the game to win it for them - did I mention it was hot as hell that day?

I see a trend..VT can beat ACC teams GOOD ONES and then beat some Non-Conf teams yet like any other they get a loss from time to time. Still the winningest program since 1995 and I'm proud of it good job coaches but yep they still need to peak for once and that all revolves around play calling - both this years losses came from identical pages of plays horrible must have been written at the top of that page.

hmm lost to LSU in 2007, didn't they go on to win the NC that year on a jump from us just like Bama did? Yep I think so ..lose to Kansas naw that was year before since the only other loss was to a #15th ranked I believe somewhere around that Boston College with Matt Ryan (Hell of a player then and now) but ohh wait..they were #4 when we rematched against them and stomped a mud hole for that early loss the end results of the BCS that year was LSU #1, OSU #2 and VT #3 wow.... bad huh oh and they beat a highly ranked very good Cincy team in the Orange Bowl that year - Big East yes but Cincy was a damn good team!

Give credit for stepping up..I surely do but from a fans stand point relaxing a little this year on the schedule was a good idea to start out a new QB whom has really stepped up and played really well so far - so far in fact he's got the best QB for completion record of one game than any other in the FBS. They are not ready for the big time.... naw they ARE the big time and have won some big time games in the past beaten all these teams in the past that has beaten them at one point or another and just cause they haven't in the last few years doesn't mean they are not a very very good team.

Bottom line ....they got a BCS Bowl game!

Spot On!

Boise State on the field had a far better season than Va Tech. Va Tech is a better bet for the bowl because of their fan base. Not knocking the Sugar Bowl given the Choices they had, I likely too would have invited Va tech but understanding it has nothing to do with their Meager on field accomplishments this season.

lol not spot on read what I posted... what I posted was 100% facts

VT played 3 ranked teams this year...make sure you get that right now. Boise St played who this year aside from Georgia then took a week off to recover not to play anyone any good for the rest of the season cept for TCU who finally put the rabid dog down.

I was referring to teams that are still ranked. Not BS pre-season rankings.. I mean if we go by Preseason hell FLA who sucks this year was what as high as #7? Boise states bye week is in the start of the season. Maybe they know something we dont that getting the bye out of the way is a good thing?

Boise lost - ohh well.... VT lost ohh well but VT came out from a better Conf of play against harder teams all season - hell even APP st IMO is better than 3-4 teams Boise St played this year.

Is the ACC better then Boises conference? Sure, but not by a huge factor.

So comparing VT against Boise St this year says VT deserved that BCS Bowl game over Boise ST. YOu don't get it do you... VT Played all season long against good teams, Boise St did not - even like I said experts say Boise St couldn't play week in and week out against good teams such as those even in the ACC or Big East - prime example is last two years each big game they played they took a week off after to recover.

They are comparable as they both have really played no one but 1 or 2 solid teams. Boise st won its huge game, vtech lost. And Boise st played all season long to beating its competition. Most of whom had winning seasons. And how you get that because boise takes its bye week after the first game of the season thats an indication they cant play against the big boys is beyond me. Fact is they have beaten more top tier programs in the last few years then VTech has. When Boise takes on a big team in the first game it usually wins. When Vtech does it well they have lost almost every time.

Last year you bring up.. yeah VT started off bad I was at both those two first games you don't have to remind me and that was all scheduling screw up even the coaches agreed but ya know what they won the next 11 games straight hottest team in the BCS after that till they played Stanford whom was just a better team ohh well that's what happens in those cases. 2009 you bring up yeah Nebraska was ranked around #14 when VT beat them..great game I was there awesome ending and come back - Losing to Bama ohh well it happens they did go on to win the national title too so thanks VT for the step up since you were a great team and we beat you to add that to our resume.

The point of course was VTech can beat the easy teams but when they go against a top tier program they lose 9 out of 10 times. Its easy to have 10 win seasons when your biggest compeitior is a Miami team whos had more sanctions then we can count and an FSU teams whos been "rebuilding" for the last 10 years. and a clemson team who is barely the 2nd best team in their state.

Lost to ECU on what should have been a neutral field - yeah I was this game too in Panther Stadium...what a fn joke home field all the way even after I felt like I got ripped a new one on those tickets then to watch a punt get blocked in the last min of the game to win it for them - did I mention it was hot as hell that day?

Does not matter if the game was played at there home, a neutral site or your home. Its a freaking C-USA team and well a top tier program like VTech wants to be simply does not lose to those types of teams.

I see a trend..VT can beat ACC teams GOOD ONES and then beat some Non-Conf teams yet like any other they get a loss from time to time. Still the winningest program since 1995 and I'm proud of it good job coaches but yep they still need to peak for once and that all revolves around play calling - both this years losses came from identical pages of plays horrible must have been written at the top of that page.

I am glad we see the same trends. VT can beat weak ACC teams, but not any strong OOC teams. And its not a "loss from time to time" Its a loss to EVERY single top tier program they have played.

hmm lost to LSU in 2007, didn't they go on to win the NC that year on a jump from us just like Bama did? Yep I think so ..lose to Kansas naw that was year before since the only other loss was to a #15th ranked I believe somewhere around that Boston College with Matt Ryan (Hell of a player then and now) but ohh wait..they were #4 when we rematched against them and stomped a mud hole for that early loss the end results of the BCS that year was LSU #1, OSU #2 and VT #3 wow.... bad huh oh and they beat a highly ranked very good Cincy team in the Orange Bowl that year - Big East yes but Cincy was a damn good team!

Yes LSU won the title. And you lost to Kansas in the bowl game. Again losing to all the top talent you played that year. But hey you did beat the ACC teams. And of course beat the top tier of the big east Cincy.. (didnt FLA the next year throttled that same cincy team 51 to 24?) Ya they were a "Very" good team...

Give credit for stepping up..I surely do but from a fans stand point relaxing a little this year on the schedule was a good idea to start out a new QB whom has really stepped up and played really well so far - so far in fact he's got the best QB for completion record of one game than any other in the FBS. They are not ready for the big time.... naw they ARE the big time and have won some big time games in the past beaten all these teams in the past that has beaten them at one point or another and just cause they haven't in the last few years doesn't mean they are not a very very good team.

No doubt I wish FLA could of done that this year, ya know not schedule anyone hard.. But unfortuntely We got stuck with GA, SC, Alabama, lsu.. and thats not even going OOC yet..

Bottom line ....they got a BCS Bowl game!

Got one. Yes. Earned one? No.

I was referring to teams that are still ranked. Not BS pre-season rankings.. I mean if we go by Preseason hell FLA who sucks this year was what as high as #7? Boise states bye week is in the start of the season. Maybe they know something we dont that getting the bye out of the way is a good thing? Is the ACC better then Boises conference? Sure, but not by a huge factor. They are comparable as they both have really played no one but 1 or 2 solid teams. Boise st won its huge game, vtech lost. And Boise st played all season long to beating its competition. Most of whom had winning seasons. And how you get that because boise takes its bye week after the first game of the season thats an indication they cant play against the big boys is beyond me. Fact is they have beaten more top tier programs in the last few years then VTech has. When Boise takes on a big team in the first game it usually wins. When Vtech does it well they have lost almost every time. The point of course was VTech can beat the easy teams but when they go against a top tier program they lose 9 out of 10 times. Its easy to have 10 win seasons when your biggest compeitior is a Miami team whos had more sanctions then we can count and an FSU teams whos been "rebuilding" for the last 10 years. and a clemson team who is barely the 2nd best team in their state. Does not matter if the game was played at there home, a neutral site or your home. Its a freaking C-USA team and well a top tier program like VTech wants to be simply does not lose to those types of teams. I am glad we see the same trends. VT can beat weak ACC teams, but not any strong OOC teams. And its not a "loss from time to time" Its a loss to EVERY single top tier program they have played. Yes LSU won the title. And you lost to Kansas in the bowl game. Again losing to all the top talent you played that year. But hey you did beat the ACC teams. And of course beat the top tier of the big east Cincy.. (didnt FLA the next year throttled that same cincy team 51 to 24?) Ya they were a "Very" good team... No doubt I wish FLA could of done that this year, ya know not schedule anyone hard.. But unfortuntely We got stuck with GA, SC, Alabama, lsu.. and thats not even going OOC yet.. Got one. Yes. Earned one? No.
Insider by TKO:)

Yes LSU won the title. And you lost to Kansas in the bowl game. Again losing to all the top talent you played that year. But hey you did beat the ACC teams. And of course beat the top tier of the big east Cincy.. (didnt FLA the next year throttled that same cincy team 51 to 24?) Ya they were a "Very" good team...

VT won that Bowl game..it was against Cincy who was highly ranked that year in the top 10 maybe around 5th I can't remember... the year they lost to kansas was the next year but since that game Kansas has fallen off no consistency - nothing like VT has had over the years of being a winning program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)