NCAA Football 2011-2012

Alabama and LSU is gonna be the death of quarterbacking.

Proof that you can hide your quarterback.

They might as well recruit students to play QB- any knucklehead can win on a team with great defense.

Why do we gush over guys like Luck and Griffin when one of these uninspiring signal-callers will win a national championship.

Nobody gives a damn who the QB is if you just won a National Championship.

Like I said earlier I would have been fine with either Bama or OSU being in the Championship Game.

Crying about who is the Quarterback is of the said team is beyond absurd.

The NFL is a QB driven league because of the Draft and Salary cap to the biggest extent. College Football is about getting the best collection of talent as a whole.

That's why the SEC will be taking Consecutive BCS Championship #6 at the conclusion of this season.

Nothing fluke about it and an NFL QB type is just not needed.

OSU has a system QB not an NFL type they just have the bulk of their talent on the offensive side of the Ball as Most Big 12 teams choose to do.

Hasn't served them well as a Conference in terms of National Championships unless you are enthralled by meaningless Offensive numbers run up against mediocre defenses and Arena football scores.

Last edited:
I only go after VT cause you are here. Heck the only teams we all usually talk about are teams someone here is fans of. Why would we talk about Kansas St? No one here is a fan at least its not known.

I also go after VTech because well the facts are the facts like you say and of the BCS top 15 they are one of the teams with the weakest schedule of the bunch. They are right there with Houston, and Boise.. But of course I dont see you upset of a as you said "good" houston team not going to the BCS for losing once.. Shouldnt they go in over VTech? I mean you were telling us how good they were and how worthy they are of a BCS, why does a two loss VTech get in over a one loss Houston? neither of you won your conference title...

Lol this is funny..you trash a team and ignore facts cause I'm a fan?? wow.... This is just funny I really don't know what to say.

Upset cause Houston is not BCS bound? I never said I wasn't... don't need to really lobby for them as I'm not really a big fan but if they were in a AQ conf they would have prob gotten more reps and maybe ahead of VT who knows speculation either way but I'm no fan so I can't sit here and wave the Houston flag. I really still think they are a good team but regardless of what I think of them Houston is not in a BCS bowl game and VT is. Keep in mind VT only lost to 1 team all year long and they were ranked - it often times isn't so much about who you beat its about who you lose too just ask Oklahoma St...don't ignore these facts.

Keep in mind VT only lost to 1 team all year long and they were ranked - it often times isn't so much about who you beat its about who you lose too just ask Oklahoma St...don't ignore these facts.

Houston only lost to one team all year long, and they were ranked as well. They also only lost to them once. VT lost to the same team twice. ;)

Losing to 1 team on 1 day can be a bad day. Getting hammered by the same team twice at home and then on neutral field means they are better than you.

Nothing says Big East like San Diego State!!!! They should probably change the name to Big Country.

To play devil's advocate, San Diego State IS in the eastern part of San Diego...

Sandra

Nothing says Big East like San Diego State!!!! They should probably change the name to Big Country.

To play devil's advocate, San Diego State IS in the eastern part of San Diego...

Sandra

This is the BCS's fault, they have screwed college football royally.

If they take away AQ status from the Big East or anyone, these defecting schools are screwed again.

Boise State JUST joined the MWC this year. Not sure how they are allowed to switch so quickly.

Houston only lost to one team all year long, and they were ranked as well. They also only lost to them once. VT lost to the same team twice. ;)

and I know this but as I said - vt only lost to ONE team - Houston lost to #24 Clemson at one time when they played them was #15th I believe or maybe higher and is a much much better team than Southern Miss... again its not about who you beat its all about who you lose too and point proven with the Oklahoma St loss they had.

Losing to 1 team on 1 day can be a bad day. Getting hammered by the same team twice at home and then on neutral field means they are better than you.

Maybe but the experts seem to disagree with you... I think Clemson had VT's # all year long but do I think they are better over all? Hell no... Clemson lost to 3 teams TWO OF THEM were not ranked at all so they had more down's than VT did thus VT being a better team over all but I do admit AGAINNNNNN Clemson had VT's # all year long - but ya know what VT got the better Bowl game ;)

Lol this is funny..you trash a team and ignore facts cause I'm a fan?? wow.... This is just funny I really don't know what to say.

Upset cause Houston is not BCS bound? I never said I wasn't... don't need to really lobby for them as I'm not really a big fan but if they were in a AQ conf they would have prob gotten more reps and maybe ahead of VT who knows speculation either way but I'm no fan so I can't sit here and wave the Houston flag. I really still think they are a good team but regardless of what I think of them Houston is not in a BCS bowl game and VT is. Keep in mind VT only lost to 1 team all year long and they were ranked - it often times isn't so much about who you beat its about who you lose too just ask Oklahoma St...don't ignore these facts.

Houston only lost 1 time, to one team all year long. Vtech lost twice (badly) to the same team.

And my point of the post was to say we only bring up VTech because you are here. We only brought up Ohio State because the OSU fan boys are here. We only bring up FLA because me and hart are here. We only bring up LSU.. Well you get the idea. We rarely talk about teams who do not have fans here unless there is a reason. Like talking about Boise because they have potential to effect our own teams etc. I do not know where you got I ignore the facts from.

And i am not ignoring the facts about "its about who you lose to" You lost to the only good team you played. A team that also lost to other weak teams. While not nearly as bad as Ok Sts, loss losing to Clemson twice (and the last time really badly) is a big scar. I mean VTech making the BCS after that is just one of the biggest shockers of the season. Not even the fact there are two SEC teams in the title game is a shocker, as Alabama and LSU began being the favorites since day 1. But Vtech after not winning their conference and the beat down they took and the weak teams they played getting a BCS bid over teams that are ranked higher then them is not about if they deserved it but if they would bring more money/fans then the teams left.

Houston only lost 1 time, to one team all year long. Vtech lost twice (badly) to the same team.

And my point of the post was to say we only bring up VTech because you are here. We only brought up Ohio State because the OSU fan boys are here. We only bring up FLA because me and hart are here. We only bring up LSU.. Well you get the idea. We rarely talk about teams who do not have fans here unless there is a reason. Like talking about Boise because they have potential to effect our own teams etc. I do not know where you got I ignore the facts from.

And i am not ignoring the facts about "its about who you lose to" You lost to the only good team you played. A team that also lost to other weak teams. While not nearly as bad as Ok Sts, loss losing to Clemson twice (and the last time really badly) is a big scar. I mean VTech making the BCS after that is just one of the biggest shockers of the season. Not even the fact there are two SEC teams in the title game is a shocker, as Alabama and LSU began being the favorites since day 1. But Vtech after not winning their conference and the beat down they took and the weak teams they played getting a BCS bid over teams that are ranked higher then them is not about if they deserved it but if they would bring more money/fans then the teams left.

yep and haters gonna hate.... VT is a damn good team regardless and I hope the "damn good team" shows up in this bowl game and not the one that showed up against Clemson - jekyll and hyde comes to mind.

Best Comment so far on the Sugar Bowl comes from San Jose Mercury News National CFB Writer . Jon Wilner" Virginia Tech- Soft Non Conference Schedule,Preposterously overrated all season, blown out in the ACC Title Game, and in the Sugar Bowl as the Worst AQ at large in the history of the BCS, and that includes Pop Warner leagues.

Spot on

Thought it would be the time to bump Wilner's Quote again.

Va Tech the worst non AQ Team to be invited in BCS History.

Va Tech didn't get invited because of on field accomplishments, they only got invited because they would be perceived to sell more tickets than Kansas State, Boise State and Baylor by the Sugar Bowl PTB.

The Non Championship BCS Games have nothing to do with on field prowess it's about picking from a pool of Qualified teams and getting the one that best suits your economic needs. IE :large fanbases with the wiillingess to fill up Resturants bars and hotels throughout the city

As an alumi of a School that has squared off against Va Tech in the Sugar Bowl before, I can attest they will more than hold up their end on that front

Rabid fan base willing to travel and spend money. Pretty good group of people overall based on my interactions with them in New Orleans.

The real reason Va Tech is attractive to the Sugar Bowl. They get two of those type bases matched up this year in Va Tech and Michigan.

Last edited:
Thought it would be the time to bump Wilner's Quote again.

Va Tech the worst non AQ Team to be invited in BCS History.

Va Tech didn't get invited because of on field accomplishments, they only got invited because they would be perceived to sell more tickets than Kansas State, Boise State and Baylor by the Sugar Bowl PTB.

The Non Championship BCS Games have nothing to do with on field prowess it's about picking from a pool of Qualified teams and getting the one that best suits your economic needs. IE :large fanbases with the wiillingess to fill up Resturants bars and hotels throughout the city

As an alumi of a School that has squared off against Va Tech in the Sugar Bowl before, I can attest they will more than hold up their end on that front

Rabid fan base willing to travel and spend money. Pretty good group of people overall based on my interactions with them in New Orleans.

The real reason Va Tech is attractive to the Sugar Bowl. They get two of those type bases matched up this year in Va Tech and Michigan.

I can Quote Mickey Mouse but that doesn't mean he knows football either- VT is one of the winningest CFB programs since 1995 FACT... I found it funny how so much hate is going towards VT yet they win win win.... 8 years straight of 10 win seasons, they find a way to win. VT is a well known name just like Michigan is and the match up is a great one should be a fun game - more exciting I think than the national title game and just a little under the Fiesta Bowl.

Just makes me sick of all the VT hate around the nation cause of how they got into the Sugar Bowl... I much rather like having them here than the Orange Bowl and GLAD they lost to Clemson for it. VT will step up to this game I hope they win but even if they lose they at least stepped up - problem is if they lose and yeah it could happen (has to be a winner and has to be a loser) then at no fault of their own they will get looked down at again with all that talent. I just hope the play calling stays around what they used in the Miami and GT game rather than a copy of the copy they used for both Clemson games...just horrible.

I can Quote Mickey Mouse but that doesn't mean he knows football either- VT is one of the winningest CFB programs since 1995 FACT... I found it funny how so much hate is going towards VT yet they win win win.... 8 years straight of 10 win seasons, they find a way to win.

Now you know how those Boise St fans feel. :dev

Maybe but the experts seem to disagree with you... I think Clemson had VT's # all year long but do I think they are better over all? Hell no... Clemson lost to 3 teams TWO OF THEM were not ranked at all so they had more down's than VT did thus VT being a better team over all but I do admit AGAINNNNNN Clemson had VT's # all year long - but ya know what VT got the better Bowl game ;)

Lets see if they can win in this Bowl game ...

no its not..I can see just fine

VT - lost to 1 team (ranked)

Clemson - lost to 3 teams (two not ranked)

its not hard to see - again its all about who you lost to not about who you beat.

In this case, who you lost to, and who they beat are one in the same team.
And you lost twice, badly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)