NCAA Football 2012-13 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually been to a game at Kentucky and they do have a nice following.
Great atmosphere for college football. However, they become lewd, crude and rude hillbillies on crack if you happen to be there when they beat your #1 ranked favorite team. ;)

Still not a fan of the four superconference idea, but I am interested in a Big12/SEC matchup.

I don't like the superconference idea either. 10 team conferences is perfect but no more than 12. I too would like to see the Big12/Sec develop some sort of annual scheduling series.

osu1991 said:
I don't like the superconference idea either. 10 team conferences is perfect but no more than 12. I too would like to see the Big12/Sec develop some sort of annual scheduling series.

I like 12 I guess it is what I am used to as an sec fan.

Yeah it would be nice to see an annual schedule of sorts but with uneven numbers I doubt they will beyond this. Unless the big 12 adds more of course.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Big Michigan fan, but I think this poll has them a bit high. Don't want to rush summer by can't wait for college football to start!!

FSU to the Big 12 – “It is Inevitable” | College Football News, Opinion and Analysis | Chuck Oliver.Net

According to two people with the strongest ties possible to Florida State's Athletic Department, FSU fully plans on exiting the Atlantic Coast Conference. Florida State will begin its transition to the Big 12 Conference beginning this June. One source went as far as to say, "at this point the move is inevitable."
Important dates to watch will be: May 30th, the Big 12 will have its conference meetings. June 15th, the new commissioner of the Big 12 when Bob Bowlsby will take office and August 15th, the deadline for any institution to withdraw from the ACC.
Florida State leaving the ACC this summer will culminate a process that began with initial talks with an intermediary representing the Big 12 last November. Florida State did not officially reach out to the Big 12 until a week before the ACC's most recent deal with ESPN was announced. Florida State has long been frustrated with the leadership of its current conference and in the Big 12 believes it has found a partner that is more focused, and in touch with the current economic climate of collegiate athletics.

More rumors. With the big12/SEC game upcoming, I think it is becoming more possible that this could happen. The ACC and the Big East are looking like they will be on the outside looking in when it comes to relevance in major college football.

This has been going on since early February thru intermediaries. The Big 12 wants FSU and Notre Dame. I think the Bowl game announcement is lining things up for the Big 12. They may stand pat at 11 if FSU will come alone and wait for Notre Dame's NBC contract to expire and then see what happens. I don't think any of the conferences really want to go to 16. The Big 12 may go to 14 if FSU won't come alone and ND becomes available in 2015.

Man what a sham.Superconferences would be.So if your a smaller school you have no chance at winning a National championship?Those greedy mongrels better be careful or they will run themselves right out of business.A true 8,or 16 team playoff system is what they should do.If it gets to the point that only 20-30 teams are eligible to win it all the rest of the schools will want no part of it.

This has been going on since early February thru intermediaries. The Big 12 wants FSU and Notre Dame. I think the Bowl game announcement is lining things up for the Big 12. They may stand pat at 11 if FSU will come alone and wait for Notre Dame's NBC contract to expire and then see what happens. I don't think any of the conferences really want to go to 16. The Big 12 may go to 14 if FSU won't come alone and ND becomes available in 2015.

I do not understand the love affair with Notre Dame... They have not been relevant in football for half a century..

We will see after the June BCS meetings. I think they are going to be forced to make a change to their independence within the next 3-5 years, if they want to remain somewhat relevant on a national stage. Win or lose they still have a passionate national following.

I agree with osu. A few years down the road, they will most likely finally see the writing on the wall and join somewhere.
They do still have a passionate following, but even that is not what it used to be, and the clout that they have at the negotiating table is lessened every time one of these power conferences expands, or makes a deal like the SEC/Big 12 or the PAC/Big 10.

We will see after the June BCS meetings. I think they are going to be forced to make a change to their independence within the next 3-5 years, if they want to remain somewhat relevant on a national stage. Win or lose they still have a passionate national following.

They should have done that 10-15 years ago, when they were still relevant, somewhat....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little League World Series

Dallas suburb to open new $60 million football stadium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)