NCAA Football 2012-13 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that its a neutral site, it just this years Cowboys Classic game at Cowboy Stadium that Jerry Jones has set up. It started in 2009 with BYU/OU to open the new stadium. LSU/Oregon was last years game with TCU/ Oregon St in 2010

Its not that its a neutral site, it just this years Cowboys Classic game at Cowboy Stadium that Jerry Jones has set up. It started in 2009 with BYU/OU to open the new stadium. LSU/Oregon was last years game with TCU/ Oregon St in 2010

So, it was Jerry's scam to make free money .... great.

Why does this game have to be a Neutral site game ....

SEC still won't play in the Big Ten locations.
You do realize that Alabama went to Penn State last year right?

When is the last time that OSU played in SEC territory during the regular season?

Last edited:
So, it was Jerry's scam to make free money .... great.
I do not see how it is a scam at all.
There are a few of these types of games at the beginning of the season. There is one in Atlanta as well, and has been for several years now.

I do not see how it is a scam at all.
There are a few of these types of games at the beginning of the season. There is one in Atlanta as well, and has been for several years now.

He's just mad that OSU isn't the one playing in it. ;)

osu1991 said:
Yeah, but unless they're going to the MAC or the A-10, they are going to have to bring football to any new conference

Yeah something the Big East should of made them do.

Looking forward to the game as well, should be a great atmosphere for the game, should be a fun game to watch!
Say what you will, but Jerry World is an awesome place to watch a football game. Hopefully this game will continue and attract more big name teams.

mccoyrj said:
Say what you will, but Jerry World is an awesome place to watch a football game. Hopefully this game will continue and attract more big name teams.

I would much a prefer home and home series, but yeah. It is a nice place. I dont have any problem with it and understand why the teams agree to it.

And it has nothing to do with any team or conference not wanting to go play in another region. No matter what some would like to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yea it will be I I testing to see how Michigan fares against the Tide. Go Blue!!

Yea it will be I I testing to see how Michigan fares against the Tide. Go Blue!!

It really will. Is michigan really "back"? We shall see.

And, after Bama, Michigan is my wifes favorite team. High on my list for teams outside my area as well.

Got an early football fix today.
Spent a very very rare 60 degree day in the rain at Chapman Stadium on Tulsa U campus with my nephew for kicking camp. He will be the freshmen kicker and long punter this season, for the largest high school in the state. The TU kicker coaches my nephew in the off season. The Way brothers are the kickers for Tulsa and OU and come from my nephews high school, so he is getting some good advice on his form and technique.

I'm not a big fan at all of opening season games at a neutral site. There is really no reason at all one team can't host their opening game much like this year that its about damn time that VT opens up its season at home since I believe 2007 for a big opening game that is. Set up for Labor Day night against GT which normally this game decides the winner of the Coastal Div and who will likely go play for the Conf championship. Next year they have VT playing against Alabama in the damn Chikfila bowl again in Atlanta which is stupid and driving me nuts. With all the players VT could lose after this season I'm not looking forward to this game at all.

I just hope those lame pre-season polls don't hurt teams that deserve higher spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little League World Series

Dallas suburb to open new $60 million football stadium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)