NCAA Football 2014 season

Whatever happened to students getting free tickets? Almost all the schools down South let the students get in free. It's partly why we paid an outrageous Student Activity Fee.

Was GT free? I know Louisville was when I went there and was thinking that when ex went to UGA they charged 1$ to get into their games as well.

Had forgotten about the SAFess. In grad school, had a full scholarship, all except those dang activity "fees."

Was GT free? I know Louisville was when I went there and was thinking that when ex went to UGA they charged 1$ to get into their games as well.
Yeah, at GT we just waved out ID's and got it. B-ball was different as there were a limited number so we has to line up outside a ticket window and get tickets a couple days prior ( first come first serve).

UGA was free then as well, had lots of high school friends that went there.

SEC takes disciplinary action against Mississippi State center for once again intentionally stomping on players. Good call IMO. His coach certainly wasn't going to do anything. No place for that kind of BS on the playing field, or anywhere else for that matter.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ssippi-state-stomping-lsu-les-miles/16108739/
He got in trouble last year for the same thing. IMO, considering that, he should be gone. Period.

However, Mullen is backing his player and says he does not agree with the punishment, which surprises me. Before this, I was thinking Mullen was a man of character.

Reactions: osu1991 and mccoyrj
In the 60s at Purdue athletic tickets were included in tuitions/fees. We had to line up for football tickets the Thursday before a home game. Freshman sat in the end zone and your seats moved toward the 50 yard line as you advanced. There were limited seats for BBall so you got a ticket for half of the games. Fr/So tickets didn't have big games like Indiana, OSU, Mich, MSU and Minn which were all good B10 team back then. We used to go 7-3, 8-2 back then but were not bowl eligible because the B10 only allowed 1 bowl participant and that was the Rose Bowl. Oh to be 8-2 towards the end of the season again!

He got in trouble last year for the same thing. IMO, considering that, he should be gone. Period.

However, Mullen is backing his player and says he does not agree with the punishment, which surprises me. Before this, I was thinking Mullen was a man of character.

It's a shame Day did what he did. It's tarnished a well deserved and earned win for the Bulldogs.

I'm starting to wonder about Mullen as well. When a 300 lb person deliberately stomps the unprotected, relaxed stomach of an unsuspecting opponent, that's ignorant, malicious and wrong. When he goes for the groin of another a second time in the same game, that's reprehensible. To ignore and support this action puts one in that same category. Some Mississippi State fans are ignoring this as well, and calling Miles a whiner for bringing this to the attention of the SEC. IMO, any coach would've done the same thing Miles did. Even Mullen.

Reactions: Ronnie- and osu1991

This type behavior might be ok for professional wrestling on tv, but should not be ignored or condoned in college football. If there is a history of this type behavior, (at the very least) a 3 game suspension should be issued to the player, the head coach, offensive line coach and a heavy fine levied against the schools athletic director. Maybe that would get their attention.

stomp-0.gif
Source: usatoday.com/sports

Mississippi State plays #6 Texas A&M on Saturday Oct. 4th on ESPN. I think I will watch that game.

Reactions: mccoyrj
It's a shame Day did what he did. It's tarnished a well deserved and earned win for the Bulldogs.

I'm starting to wonder about Mullen as well. When a 300 lb person deliberately stomps the unprotected, relaxed stomach of an unsuspecting opponent, that's ignorant, malicious and wrong. When he goes for the groin of another a second time in the same game, that's reprehensible. To ignore and support this action puts one in that same category. Some Mississippi State fans are ignoring this as well, and calling Miles a whiner for bringing this to the attention of the SEC. IMO, any coach would've done the same thing Miles did. Even Mullen.

I'd kick him off the team.... Back when ole Marcus Vick was playing for VT he stepped on the hand of a WestVA player when they were over there playing them and even flipped off the home crowd. He didn't make it a few days before Beamer booted him and Beamer has done so with other players in the past for even the most minor things. These so called "Thugs" think they can get away with anything when they are winning or on a big team but they soon learn quick. It all falls back on the coach to take the right steps and I'm sure there are other players that could fill his shoes really quick once gone.

I'd kick him off the team.... Back when ole Marcus Vick was playing for VT he stepped on the hand of a WestVA player when they were over there playing them and even flipped off the home crowd. He didn't make it a few days before Beamer booted him and Beamer has done so with other players in the past for even the most minor things. These so called "Thugs" think they can get away with anything when they are winning or on a big team but they soon learn quick. It all falls back on the coach to take the right steps and I'm sure there are other players that could fill his shoes really quick once gone.

He did the same thing to Elvis Dumerville during the 2005 Gator Bowl, so the guy had a history of doing it. And where did he end up? In & out of legal problems ever since. :(

Its a shame as these guys would be good without the shenanigans and messing up their future, for what, a temper tantrum like a 2 year-old? Oh, well.

Man,the state fans around here are defending this with blind ignorance. Calling it a "big boy game", and making ignorant comments like they should just play flag football. Same crap I heard when the saints bounty story came out.

It's a physical job, like many other physical jobs. At any other physical job, if you act in a manner with intent to intentionally harm it would be considered assault.

I cant stand to see replays of it either, having snapped mine my junior year in Stillwater. Knee surgery and then broken ankle it just turns my stomach to see those things.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Man,the state fans around here are defending this with blind ignorance. Calling it a "big boy game", and making ignorant comments like they should just play flag football. Same crap I heard when the saints bounty story came out.

It's a physical job, like many other physical jobs. At any other physical job, if you act in a manner with intent to intentionally harm it would be considered assault.
I suppose the euphoria of actually having beaten an over ranked top 10 team has them giddy with blind ignorance. Hard to act like you've been there when you haven't. :D

True.
The easiest thing to do is when you hear someone say something about your school or a player is to reverse it. "Have I ever said something similar about another school??"
Oh hell yeah!!

Long way out. FSU has been trying to sign an opener in Atlanta for a bit now, for I think 2016. Was UGA, who declined, then hear USCe, now the rumor is Old Miss...

Well, football is a little different. It's not always the intent to physically harm someone but it is the intent to physically hit someone hard enough that they'll be intimidated. That's been what football is all about since it first started. This is the reason why some people play football, it's the physical contact they enjoy.

I would say that it's not their intent to actually harm someone like breaking bones or anything like that but if you look back through the history of football you'll find that players did that a lot. It's amazing what some players did back in the day.

Well, football is a little different. It's not always the intent to physically harm someone but it is the intent to physically hit someone hard enough that they'll be intimidated. That's been what football is all about since it first started. This is the reason why some people play football, it's the physical contact they enjoy.

I would say that it's not their intent to actually harm someone like breaking bones or anything like that but if you look back through the history of football you'll find that players did that a lot. It's amazing what some players did back in the day.
Yeah, I played, and I get that, but the situations I am talking about it is blatantly obvious it was more than getting in a good lick.

Some of us remember when some great plays were actually legal (at least at the high school I went to): Chop blocks, flying tackles, windmills, et. al. Those were the days. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)