NCAA Football 2014 season

Deacon Jones with the head slap.

You know, I never figured out exactly why that was ruled illegal as it was not like you were causing anyone physical harm by doing that, rather distracting them.

Now his quote about taking all the offensive linemen and putting them in a burlap bag and beating the bag with a baseball bat (loosely quoted) to his sacking may have just crossed the line (although he was just using it as an analogy to why he coined the word "sack"ing the QB.) :D

You know, I never figured out exactly why that was ruled illegal as it was not like you were causing anyone physical harm by doing that, rather distracting them.

Now his quote about taking all the offensive linemen and putting them in a burlap bag and beating the bag with a baseball bat (loosely quoted) to his sacking may have just crossed the line (although he was just using it as an analogy to why he coined the word "sack"ing the QB.) :D

Well, he use to have a piece of steel in the palm of his hand so that may have something to do with it. In interviews years after he retired he admitted that it was not a fair thing to do and that he did not want any players do ever do what he did.

Fans being fans. We all do it, and then make a big deal when someone else does.
I guess I'm different. I've never supported a player, or anyone, that maliciously tried to injure another.
Yeah, I played, and I get that, but the situations I am talking about it is blatantly obvious it was more than getting in a good lick.
Yeah, it's obvious it was blatant, especially when you watch that video. It's the "stomp" that sets it apart. Not unlike someone stomping another when they're down in a fight. This player has issues. Hopefully, his coach and fans supporting him doesn't outweigh the suspension, and he's learned something getting in trouble the last two seasons.

Now back to the season. I'm really interested to see if Mississippi State is that good, or LSU is that bad. Hoping like heck it's the former, but I wouldn't place money on it. Gonna be a long season, although as far as playoffs are concerned, it seems to be over for the Tigers. I guess that's how it will be until more teams are involved.

I didnt mean you support someone trying to injure another, even though i dont think it was that. What I am saying is, the actions always look worse to the people that aren't in the fan base. Fan base tends to stick their head in the sand over numerous things, while the non fan base seems to do it to the other extreme.

It is the way fans role, and different perspectives.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I didnt mean you support someone trying to injure another, even though i dont think it was that. What I am saying is, the actions always look worse to the people that aren't in the fan base. Fan base tends to stick their head in the sand over numerous things, while the non fan base seems to do it to the other extreme.

It is the way fans role, and different perspectives.
Suppose you're right. I didn't realize there was that much sand in Mississippi though. I know there's a lot in Florida. ;) :D

Reactions: Ronnie-
Will this be the week that Kentucky gets their first SEC win, well, it seems like forever? Tomorrow, in Lexington, against Vandy. Go Big Blue

I like the tribal pattern, because it is seminole writing so it serves a purpose. Gold numbers are ass...

They are fixing that, will be back to garnet numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts