NCAA Football 2014 season

Yeah I don't think TCU should have been 3 to begin with over others, but I sure don't see how if you voted them there one week and they destroy their opponent the next that they drop two spots. The committee is just not a good idea.

Reactions: Mike0616
I can't think of a season in the past 20 years when this many teams had a legit claim at what in the past would have been top 2. Top four puts two more in, and still leaves some with a legit claim.

That rarely happens.
Really no different than last year. One undefeated team (FSU), and several 1-loss teams.

The only reason FSU isnt #1 this time in the polls is that both polls were following the CFP panel like lemmings.

What a crock of sh*t. .

The conference of "One True Champion".......with co champs.

That's what kept them out this season IMHO.

ncf_i_onetruechampion_ms_608x342.jpg

The idea that the Coaches and the Associated Press Polls were influenced by the moron selection committee is the single most ignorant statement of the year and frankly just an attempt by an ACC homer to somehow add legitimacy to their weak conference champion. Those polls come out a couple of days in advance every week. There is no way any poll would have FSU at #1 with their weak schedule and incredibly unimpressive performances against those weak teams. If we were still under the BCS Bama would be #1 but interestingly, OSU would be OUT. Here is the approximation substituting the AP poll for the Harris poll: https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/one-huge-difference-college-football-165246293.html
But it doesn't matter FSU will be sent packing by whoever they play.

The idea that the Coaches and the Associated Press Polls were influenced by the moron selection committee is the single most ignorant statement of the year and frankly just an attempt by an ACC homer to somehow add legitimacy to their weak conference champion. Those polls come out a couple of days in advance every week. There is no way any poll would have FSU at #1 with their weak schedule and incredibly unimpressive performances against those weak teams. If we were still under the BCS Bama would be #1 but interestingly, OSU would be OUT. Here is the approximation substituting the AP poll for the Harris poll: https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/one-huge-difference-college-football-165246293.html
But it doesn't matter FSU will be sent packing by whoever they play.
Wrong again ....

If youread the article, it saud they got the same 4 teams in the top 4 .... OSU would NOT be left out.

This mock up of the BCS was done BEFORE the Saturday Championship games .... note the Dec 4th time stamp.

No way to know what the BCS would have as the harris poll no longer exists and some of the computers are different.

The idea that the Coaches and the Associated Press Polls were influenced by the moron selection committee is the single most ignorant statement of the year and frankly just an attempt by an ACC homer to somehow add legitimacy to their weak conference champion.
Beleive what you will, and insult people as you always do.

But, the AP & Coaches followed the CFP rankings a week behind, every single time. They were taking their cues perfectly. The only reason they followed by a week, is they came out Sunday as opposed to the CFP on Tuesday.

As for being an ACC homer, if you hadn't just started trolling the sports forum this year, you'd know that I favor the SEC in most of my posts, just ask those who've been here a while.

I root for Ga Tech because I went there, but rarely defend the ACC as a whole. I grew up rooting for UGA and thus have more SEC homerism. But don't let that get in the way of a good troll ;)

Reactions: Mike0616
The selection committee backed themselves into a corner by having a new poll every week. They didn't need or have to do that. When they had TCU at number three last week that put them in a spot of having to do a lot of explaining when they didn't really have to. I still can't see why TCU fell three spots from three to six after winning 52-3 over the weekend. It really was a razor thin margin between the three teams for that final spot. Ohio State may be playing the best right now but I don't know if they should have been jumped over TCU like they were done. This probably sets up an expansion of the playoffs to eight teams very soon. Within three years, maybe sooner if they get everything arranged like the want. That way all five major conferences can be represented with three at large berths for anyone else.

Nonsense. FSU beat the #1 F/+ D in the country with a backup Qb (Clemson), we just beat the #2 Offense in F/+, and have beaten several Top 20 D's this year. Everyone whines because the wins arent pretty and our final S0S is better than TCU, Osu and Baylor. All without the bed crapping loss like the other 3... I mean Osu lost to Va Tech!!!

They can all suck it.

Osu gets the brakes beaten off them by Bama, FSU beats the ducks because we have size and speed, and the team will finally be it's healthiest (been hurt all year).

Bama beats FSU in champ game.

Deserving. I said yes.
Not best.
Put OSU and FSU against either TCU or Baylor on neutral field. They would be dogs.

The selection committee backed themselves into a corner by having a new poll every week. They didn't need or have to do that. When they had TCU at number three last week that put them in a spot of having to do a lot of explaining when they didn't really have to.
That they did, and probably why the committee for basketball has never done it (and now never will).

This playoff system is a joke with Baylor and TCU not being selected.
The joke wasn't in them not being picked, it was in a system that has only 4 teams when there are 5 major conferences.

Blame the Big XII, Big Ten, and Pac-12 who were adamant that no more than 4 teams should be in it, and have previously blocked any kind of playoff (up until they all got left out the last 2 years). The SEC & ACC have been calling for a minimum 8 team playoff for years (if not decades).

The Big XII has only themselves to blame.

The joke wasn't in them not being picked, it was in a system that has only 4 teams when there are 5 major conferences.

Blame the Big XII, Big Ten, and Pac-12 who were adamant that no more than 4 teams should be in it, and have previously blocked any kind of playoff (up until they all got left out the last 2 years). The SEC & ACC have been calling for a minimum 8 team playoff for years (if not decades).

The Big XII has only themselves to blame.

Was humorous to see the pleas made by the interests of tOSU to get them the chance to play with the big boys after the game the other day. Maybe the hypocrites at the Big10(aka one of the can't count leagues) should lobby for at least an 8 team playoff as lots of folks, myself included, feel they have no place in this playoff and TCU should have been there instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)