NCAA Football OffSeason 2014

Tennessee with 34 recruits!How in the world will they be able to sign them all? Glad to see UNC cracking the top 30,Fedora should have them making a decent run for a spot in the ACC championship game.

Bama had what's considered not only our best class but maybe even THE best overall class ever.

Not sure if I agree but it's arguably true and damn good even if not.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Bama had what's considered not only our best class but maybe even THE best overall class ever.

Not sure if I agree but it's arguably true and damn good even if not.

Makes me even more excited about playing Bama this year... Specially the 5th game of the season.

Ohio State came in right behind Bama ...so it's not ALL sec.

Congrats to OSU, but if 7 out of 10 isn't "all" SEC I don't know what is.

Point is the SEC once again dominated recruiting, and most likely it will continue to show in the on the field results.

Recruiting isn't everything though, classic quote about Georgia by the Evil Genius, Steve Spurrier:

"Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?"

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/10/18/4852572/steve-spurrier-quotes-georgia-tennessee-fsu-clemson

Recruiting isn't everything though, classic quote about Georgia by the Evil Genius, Steve Spurrier:

"Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?"

For sure. It isn't an exact science. Some don't pan out and many are under rated.

For the most part though it does translate into on the field success.

Thanks to the OP for creating this thread. I was about to ask one of you to do it.....

Tennessee with 34 recruits!How in the world will they be able to sign them all? Glad to see UNC cracking the top 30,Fedora should have them making a decent run for a spot in the ACC championship game.

I think Tennessee is able to sign 31 recruits this year. They talked about it on ESPNU during their coverage yesterday. I also read an article about it.

Iowa has a pretty low ranked class this year but part of it is due to the fact they only signed 19 kids. Looking at the kids they got I'm still pretty happy. There seems to be some good talent and it's at the positions they need. Pretty typical for Iowa, turn those 2 and 3 star kids into NFL talent.

I guess I could talk about FLA basketball... Since well frankly its all we have this year lol

I had hopes that we would turn some of our close games into wins instead of losses like most other years, but it has not happened. We had, until the last few games, been damn good at home, and stayed in the games on the road, but I think over the past two week that the wheels have come off of the Bama basketball bus.

I like Grant, and really wanted it to work out for him, but I am just not seeing the progress that needs to be made. Its like we get half way up the hill and thats as hard as he can peddle.

IMO recruitment rankings are about as useful as preseason polling. Just another chance for the sports media to once again show what they don't know, and to slobber over the same coaches and teams. Rarely are theses classes as great as people say they are. A huge percentage of these star recruits are dumb as doorknobs, never setting foot on their recruiter's campus (although many schools will illegally make accommodations for that sort of thing ;) ).

That said, here are today's updated rankings:

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings

IMO recruitment rankings are about as useful as preseason polling. Just another chance for the sports media to once again show what they don't know, and to slobber over the same coaches and teams. Rarely are theses classes as great as people say they are. A huge percentage of these star recruits are dumb as doorknobs, never setting foot on their recruiter's campus (although many schools will illegally make accommodations for that sort of thing ;) ).

]

I couldn't agree with you more.

I love college football but loathe national signing day.

Nope it's definitely not an exact science,kind of like the NFL draft.Still for fans of teams like UNC and even U-Ten it gives hope for better things to come.Just once I'd like to see the Tarheels in the ACC championship game.

I think Tennessee is able to sign 31 recruits this year. They talked about it on ESPNU during their coverage yesterday. I also read an article about it.

Iowa has a pretty low ranked class this year but part of it is due to the fact they only signed 19 kids. Looking at the kids they got I'm still pretty happy. There seems to be some good talent and it's at the positions they need. Pretty typical for Iowa, turn those 2 and 3 star kids into NFL talent.

I thought there were rules about how many recruits you could sign ?