NCAA Hypocrisy Part Deux: Cashing in on Louisville Kevin Ware's injury

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Gotta love how these school are such hypocrites. DEADSPIN exposed Louisville for selling Kevin Ware t-shirts. NOW, if they were doing that for his medical bills or something like that, cool...I can live with that. But, it looks like that was the case...especially after being called out and the university no longer selling the t-shirts. But then return....

http://deadspin.com/louisville-claims-it-didnt-profit-from-sale-of-kevin-w-470072665

like i mentioned in another thread, when there's money involved they are all over it. ask nevin shapiro, he'll tell you all about it. :rolleyes:

Awkward situation for everybody, but I don't see anyone being the ogre here. One troubling thing, though, is that the players are not insured and so someone is going to have tp pick up a big medical bill. The school announced that they will, but if that injury had happened during a regular season practice and was not videoed, the kid might be out a lot of money.

The players have to have their own insurance like I said in the NCAA tournament thread.

The players have to have their own insurance like I said in the NCAA tournament thread.

I'm sure it's done when you sign up to play for the team, I doubt that the player himself has to go out and get the insurance policy ....
That said, your STARS may add to the ones that all the players sign.

But I am not commenting about insurance so much as how these university was making money off a injured player.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)