NCAA says that Tressell is NOT "forthright"...

NCAA rules are broke EVERY day and nothing gets done about it.
The fact that it was a BIG time school is what brought all this to light, had it been Ohio University , no one would have evn known about it.
Everyone seems to know about it happening at Georgia (on a lesser scale) and they haven't been a BIG time school for a while.

Still broke a rule, and Tressell still covered it up, and lied about it later.

He should have reported it and dealt with the suspension, as Georgia did.
But then again, Tressell is an old pro at covering up violations.
Still missing the point I made earlier ......

NCAA rules are broke EVERY day and nothing gets done about it.

Please list, with particularity and proofs, the varrious NCAA rules that are violated, by whom, and why the NCAA has done nothing about it.

In the real world, we only know of one outlaw program, Outlaw State and one rogue liar coach, the piece of human debris known as Jim Tressel, a man who has never won a game without cheating, at "the YSU or "the" OSU. But, if you know of others, give the NCAA a call, (they are in Indy, BTW), they will take care of them. After they ban JT for life and shut down Outlaw State for two years. The only acceptable penalty.

I am referring to the PLAYERS , THAT IS where it all started .... them BUYING or selling or whatever had NOTHING to do with the play on the field.
Nothing at all.

I got that but my comment was about the coach lying and nothing more.
You then asked how they got a competitive edge and I stated they were allowed to play against Ark. IF they had been suspended then, they might not have won that game. How can you say allowing them to play did not give Ohio State an edge?

I think the way the NCAA rules and decrees is nothing short of silly in most cases. I think the rules they have against scholarship players as it pertains to them earning money is nothing short of punishment. They need to fix this issue where the kids can earn some money or at least take gifts up to a certain value each year or some other time frame. The fact that politicians are allowed to do that and college kids aren't it seems ridiculous to me. NCAA should be trying to help these kids out with the long term focus on them staying in school for 4 years. Not forcing the issue for them to leave after one or two years because they can't earn some money to enjoy college life. Again, just my opinion.

What a scholarship athelete goes through is not much different from what any health care major does. Want to be an RN, RPh, MD, DO, DDS, etc? 1000s of hours of uncompensated work for profit-making university hospitals. Want to teach college? A legitimate Master's and PhD program involves, likewise, hours of uncompensated "graduate assistant" teaching and/or flunky labrat work.

The myth that college athletes are "exploited" is just that, a myth.

Every rule the NCAA has is a result of something some outlaw program has done in the past. If you lax up on this, what you have is a AAA NFL and a AAA NBA. No thank you.

You then asked how they got a competitive edge and I stated they were allowed to play against Ark. IF they had been suspended then, they might not have won that game. How can you say allowing them to play did not give Ohio State an edge?

It gave the bowl sponsors an edge over anybody else. Winning that game did not give OSU anything except a bonus for Tressel. What would have been lost if they did not play is the money that was brought into the Bowl by having two strong teams playing. If you had a neutered OSU then there would not have been as much interest and the bowl would have been a failure.

What a scholarship athelete goes through is not much different from what any health care major does. Want to be an RN, RPh, MD, DO, DDS, etc? 1000s of hours of uncompensated work for profit-making university hospitals. Want to teach college? A legitimate Master's and PhD program involves, likewise, hours of uncompensated "graduate assistant" teaching and/or flunky labrat work.

The myth that college athletes are "exploited" is just that, a myth.

Every rule the NCAA has is a result of something some outlaw program has done in the past. If you lax up on this, what you have is a AAA NFL and a AAA NBA. No thank you.

Unless it has changed an athlete on scholarship is not allowed to hold a job. No other person on scholarship has that restriction, if that is still the rule. Also, if parent A has the money to fly son and team mate home, it is not allowed if they have an athletic scholarship. It is allowed for every other student who has a scholarship. That was my point. If those rules have changed, then forgive me for my ignorance.

I never used the word exploited and I do not believe that is the case.

Please list, with particularity and proofs, the varrious NCAA rules that are violated, by whom, and why the NCAA has done nothing about it.

In the real world, we only know of one outlaw program, Outlaw State and one rogue liar coach, the piece of human debris known as Jim Tressel, a man who has never won a game without cheating, at "the YSU or "the" OSU. But, if you know of others, give the NCAA a call, (they are in Indy, BTW), they will take care of them. After they ban JT for life and shut down Outlaw State for two years. The only acceptable penalty.

Who is this OUTLAW state you keep referring to, there is NO OUTLAW state in the NCAA.

I think the way the NCAA rules and decrees is nothing short of silly in most cases. I think the rules they have against scholarship players as it pertains to them earning money is nothing short of punishment. They need to fix this issue where the kids can earn some money or at least take gifts up to a certain value each year or some other time frame. The fact that politicians are allowed to do that and college kids aren't it seems ridiculous to me. NCAA should be trying to help these kids out with the long term focus on them staying in school for 4 years. Not forcing the issue for them to leave after one or two years because they can't earn some money to enjoy college life. Again, just my opinion.

I'm referring to BEFORE the games, when the selling happened, it didnt change at all the players on the field, they did not get a 7-0 lead in every game BECAUSE of the sale. They didn't get LESS penalties because of it.

I'm referring to BEFORE the games, when the selling happened, it didnt change at all the players on the field, they did not get a 7-0 lead in every game BECAUSE of the sale. They didn't get LESS penalties because of it.
That's correct because Tressel didn't report the violations. If he had, like he knew he was supposed to, some of those players probably would have been suspended and the outcomes of those games could have been in question. But, he didn't, so now he faces the prospect of losing his job, as well as wins from last season being vacated.

There so much pressure to win at these major universities, it makes you wonder if that is the reason for coaches hoping to sweep this stuff under the rug when they know full well it's against the rules...

And the hits keep coming. I wonder what else is going to pop up.

Ohio State to investigate sales of cars to athletes - Campus Rivalry: College Football & Basketball News, Recruiting, Game Picks, and More - USATODAY.com

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...to-investigate-players-car-deals.html?sid=101

The investigation was initiated after The Dispatch found in public records that at least eight Ohio State athletes and 11 athletes' relatives bought used cars from Jack Maxton Chevrolet or Auto Direct during the past five years. The investigation will involve outside experts and examine at least 50 sales, focusing on whether the athletes received improper benefits.
The common thread in those two dozen transactions was the salesman: Aaron Kniffin, who has worked at both dealerships.

What, all those nice cars the SEC boys were driving were all bought by themselves ? :confused:

You gotta KNOW all the SEC stars had thier own cars available to them as well. :)

Proof or link please.

Fact is, Outlaw State got caught. Baseless statements about other schools does not change the PROVEN AND ADMITTED FACTS about America's Most Corrupt Program.

Again, proof or link please.

Proof or link please.

Fact is, Outlaw State got caught. Baseless statements about other schools does not change the PROVEN AND ADMITTED FACTS about America's Most Corrupt Program.

Again, proof or link please.

There is no proof that OSU or the football program did anything wrong yet. It would not surprise me if the players did take cars at an extra discount but so far it is only speculation until they finish their investigation.

What, all those nice cars the SEC boys were driving were all bought by themselves ? :confused:

You gotta KNOW all the SEC stars had thier own cars available to them as well. :)
And the schools that got caught served their probations (isn't 'bama still on probation? And look what finally happened to USC).

Just because someone else broke the rules, doesn't mean you have to.

After all, wasn't tOSU supposed to be better than that? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts