NCIS

4/5 episode says the writers have already written Tony out of the series, and leaves the question if they have enough plots to make it another 2 years?

4/5 episode says the writers have already written Tony out of the series, and leaves the question if they have enough plots to make it another 2 years?
They don't. Unless they spend the next 2 years finding very ,creative ways to kill Bishop. I would watch that. :bounce

4/19/16 CONTINUED!! ARRGH when they finally get an interesting episode I need to wait for the end.

I agree, they finally have an interesting episode and now you have to wait 2 weeks to see the outcome!
No wonder CBS is at the bottom all the time.
NCIS is about the only show they have that has any interest and at times it appears they are finished with any new plots.

I agree, they finally have an interesting episode and now you have to wait 2 weeks to see the outcome!
No wonder CBS is at the bottom all the time.
NCIS is about the only show they have that has any interest and at times it appears they are finished with any new plots.
CBS at the Bottom ?
They have been on top for years now.

75% of what I watch is on CBS.

4/26/16 Does CBS dislike it's viewers? A continued show has a rerun inserted between episodes!!!!
Nothing to do with liking or disliking their viewers. It has everything to do with timing for the season finale and final episode run.

What can I say what looked like a 2 parter now looks like a 4 parter to close out the season. Also looks like they are cleaning house of supporting characters. Will Gibbs take over raising Emily seeing it looks like her father bought it?

AS this season gets stretched out will we see Ziva come back as Tony leaves?
I think we will.

I'm wondering if this may be the end for this NCIS ...
Looks like they are bringing a lot of people back, maybe as a send off.

Court was back this week and we haven't seen him at all this year that I can remember.
Ziva has been in flashbacks and now they are looking for her, it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't make an appearance.

At the end of the day, this is a business.

NCIS will continue as long as Mark Harmon is both interested and reasonable in his $ demands. Remember Gunsmoke and Bonanza continued for nearly 25 years each, despite having only one standard plot they just variated every week. Dead sailor in Norfolk, Abby or Ducky spew technobabble, Gibbs grills some dumba** who does not understand what "fifth amendment" means, then slaps the probie on the head and yells "work harder" (gee, so that is how you solve crimes, work harder, who knew) and then there is a shootout where no one actually gets shot. Fin.

As to Dinozzo, it is a business. The writers can either kill him off or have some version of him going elsewhere.

Either they simply promote him (which would have happened in the real world a decade ago) or have him go off on some secret spy mission, which sets him up for eventual guest slots throughout the JAGverse. Which is what will happen. He goes off on some quest, probably with Ziva (who will not be seen) deep undercover. He bubbles up on LA or NO in a couple years the save the day.

As to the minor characters, nothing is going to happen to anyone.

Bonanza did 14 seasons. Gunsmoke 20. I don't know that his new show will take off. From what I've read, it didn't interest me, so he could reappear somewhere down the line.