Need Help 920 4dtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
On 4760 dish position I have the Dc light as before. Signal is about the same, but for the first time I am seeing the quality box on a few channels. It is showing quality of 47 on channel 11.

Don't think so. It was the one I thought was G1 at the beginning, which may have been the one you thought was C4. It's the one I had a DC light on channel 5 and 3. DC light on channel 11 now. Sig is 36, Quality:36, but says "cannot find channel, continuing to search".

if you change the satellite to c3 and place it on channel 10 and go a few clicks (less than 10 to the east) you should find a channel ( just remember how many clicks or count the #'s ) i forget my # aren't changing yours are lol

the dish doesn't move until you tell it east or west right??

I am thinking that 4760 position is further south than G1. 4760 is slightly west of due south. Is it possible that 4760 is C3? Going east from 4760 one click at a time up to twenty clicks shows no signal for channel 10 above 16.

Before reset I found signals of 24 or better at dish positions 4983 channel 9, 4962-T19, 4908-T5, and 4775-T16.

i finally made it to g1 having a los problem but i know there is a channel on 11 & 12 that i can see :) so i know you should be able to see these :)

since you did a master reset make sure you still have a unit id. if it's an old unit the battery may die, check the unit id anyway to make sure . ok dont give up on it please. you'll love it once u have it back up. believe me when i first started on this site i didnt know anything alot of these guys have taught me alot. and its interesting once u get it set up on what u can find with 4dtv and cband /ku it self loadssss of wild feeds ok :) good luck

if it hasnt changed ur Unit is not toast maybe it's your LNB? they do go bad over time :-\ it seems like it's weak you say ur not getting good signal you should be getting a good signal inless u have tree's blocking it ? or LOS isnt good?

i was thinking it might be bad coax ends or also coax signal should be bouncing in.

do you have two coax cables into the receiver one for c & one for ku ?

Guys sorry I took so long. I had to share the internet with my son. I'm logging into work in 2 minutes. I want to tell you though that I could not find any channels after searching.

I am suspicious though that my unit ID did change several months ago when this problem started. I remember more numbers being there and not so many zeros. I am going to call NPS tomorrow and see what they can tell me. Anyway I'll let you all know something tomorrow. LNB is fairly new -i don't think it is an outside problem.

I called NPS today to see if I could verify my unit ID number. Sadly, it looks like my unit is toast. After all the hard work and time you guys put in to help me NPS has a different unit number on my account from the one that is on the unit now. My last programming with them was Feb of this year, so that's how long I've been without my BUD. I miss it, and will try to save my money for a new receiver. Until then I have my pizza dish.

I have made some friends here on Satelliteguys. You all have been great. I will hang out here more often.

Lizzie

well thats sad lizzie , but it was worth a try .
you should be able to add a dvb receiver to what you have and move the big dish with the 920 and tune the channels with the DVB receiver. good thing about these receivers is after the initial cost of the receiver there no monthly subscription. not alot of channels like D*tv or Dish* or 4Dtv those are all subscriptions services.

That's what I was I was wondering, if I could still get a DVB to attach to it even though it won't tune in the satellites. I guess the 920 only needs to act as a dish mover, and the DVB gives the actual picture. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

4dtv help -922 DR

Help with aligning dish..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts