Need info - DPP44+ failure?

sclaws

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Aurora, IL
This morning I'm not getting any signal on either receiver (510 and 622). Checked my switch and the transformer running to the power inserter is cool to the touch, so I think its blown.

My question is, there looks like a small, round plastic circle on the transformer--is that a power indicator? I dont recall...and if it is, then for certain my inserter/transformer is toast. E* is coming out Thurs to check it out, but I may just order a new one myself as a backup either way.

Anyone? Anything else I may have missed? Seems I have time to troubleshoot for a few days :mad:

Thx!

If you have a voltage tester, just check the output. It should be ~18 volts.:)

If that proves to be the case(i.e. no voltage), you could take the lead feeding the 510 and put it on port #1 to power the switch. The 510 may or may not have enough output current to power the 44 and lnb's but may get you by till thursday.

Last edited:
As I recall my PI has a LED "on" indicator, so if yours is black I'd say "no power". I agree that a receiver can probably power the 44 and LNBs (others have successfully done it) but I wouldn't leave it that way for long. The 44 is power hungry, hence the separate PI. That amount of current draw could damage your receiver in the long run...

The confirmation of an LED is the info I need..thx! I just ordered a replacement as its more cost effective for me to replace this myself vs. losing a day of work waiting for a dish tech to show.

Thx all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts