Need RG-6

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is there any issue with sweep test frequency on this cable? Seems like that was a consideration when I inquired about cable in the past.

Good questions... am not an RG6 expert by no means so I'd like to know this as well. A 500ft spool of RG6 in these parts goes for about 90$ so online is my best bet

dang here at Lowes/Home Depot a 500 foot spool is like $55. I didnt click on the link so dont know what price they show

dang here at Lowes/Home Depot a 500 foot spool is like $55. I didnt click on the link so dont know what price they show

Lucky lowes is cheap here $35 for 500ft :)

Attachments

• lowes.jpg
    lowes.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 84
maybe I was thinking of RG6 quad...its been a couple years since I bought 500 foot rolls of coax ;)

I've never bought quad. I personally don't care for the copper clad steel center conductor. I have seen the steel rust completely off with time.

maybe I was thinking of RG6 quad...its been a couple years since I bought 500 foot rolls of coax ;)

Perhaps but I've seen that before different prices in different areas.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think you are right. I spent about that much at one of the box stores for quad a few months ago.

Attachments

• quad.png
    quad.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 115
That cheap coax is probably 'broadband' coax. Broadband coax is for computer networks and is usually designed for use up to about 1GHz. The 'good coax' (single or quad shield) is swept tested to 3 GHz and costs more.

Copper clad steel is much less expensive than solid copper core. Personally, I never use copper clad steel due to the increased chance of corrosion and the lower voltage/current, control signal passing on long runs. If shorter runs with well protected connections, it shouldn't matter too much.

Reactions: T4Runner
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)