Netflix to Begin Cracking Down on Password Sharing

Have no idea what Bruce is talking about..traveling is included in a basic netflix streaming plan..this is the official netflix policy...and just for the record..I would never ever accuse Bruce of trolling or creating an argument just for the sake of an argument..its just not in his nature

Last edited:
Reactions: DS0816 and Jimbo
They can track mac addresses of roku devices..especially with ip v6
What good would that do? I have few smart TVs, a few streaming boxes in just one home. If I had 6 or 7 ways to stream maybe phone Id be maxed out in theory?. And as far as I can tell my T-Mobile 5g home is always changing ip addresses?

What good would that do? I have few smart TVs, a few streaming boxes in just one home. If I had 6 or 7 ways to stream maybe phone Id be maxed out in theory?. And as far as I can tell my T-Mobile 5g home is always changing ip addresses?
If an odd one shows up..not one regularly used..granted it could be a new device..its just another way of tracking logins

Read what you have written, you are trying to justify someone else using it in a different location, in a home(s) that could probably afford it themselves.

How would you have felt if people did that with Dish or DirecTV, it is the same thing, piracy .

But if I remember correctly, you wrote that you use to pay for Dish in your Parents‘ homes, why is that different then paying for Netflix in their homes instead of sharing a password?

If more and more did as you wrote, then Netflix ( or whoever ) cannot afford to put out as much programming, then that affects people’s jobs.
I just resent Netflix for allowing password sharing, they also advertised you could do that for most of the time they have been a company and now they want to crack down on those people because Netflix is losing money. It will have a negative effect on customers who have been doing this for years. Many will drop them.

I pay $19.99 for "four screens." I have no guilt in sharing my password. If Netflix thinks they can determine whether or not those screens are actually inside my house, well, good luck. If they try to charge me more than $19.99, then I'm done.
Exactly what I am paying a month. I too will be gone, if they hike my bill over this policy. :rolleyes:

I just resent Netflix for allowing password sharing, they also advertised you could do that for most of the time they have been a company and now they want to crack down on those people because Netflix is losing money. It will have a negative effect on customers who have been doing this for years. Many will drop them.
Yup, I can find just as interesting stuff on Amazon Prime Video or Paramount plus as I can on Netflix.

Reactions: ncted
Netflix is up 2 million over 2021, they were a little down, but in the last quarter picked up what they lost and a extra 2 million-

You can't really expect customers to leave until Netflix implements their new password policy..which has been delayed from last year...lets just see if it really happens

You can't really expect customers to leave until Netflix implements their new password policy..which has been delayed from last year...lets just see if it really happens
First off, that was in response to him posting that subs have already left, which is untrue.

Second, you have been predicting Netflix will fail for awhile now, along with many other predictions that have been incorrect.

Reactions: meStevo
First off, that was in response to him posting that subs have already left, which is untrue.

Second, you have been predicting Netflix will fail for awhile now, along with many other predictions that have been incorrect.
The analysts predicted Netflex would lose subs based on the password sharing crackdown( which hasn't happened in the USA)..they did lose subs in the areas it was implemented early last year..nobody said anything about bankruptcy or failing....not sure what your issue is but read my post next time

..they did lose subs in the areas it was implemented early last year
Look at my above link
Netflix end of 2020-203 Million
End of 2021-221 Million
2022 ( not done yet)-223 Million

And the majority of subs lost, which they have gained back in numbers, was Russia due to the war and in the United States which has done nothing about Password Sharing yet.

..nobody said anything about bankruptcy or failing....not sure what your issue is but read my post next time
Because you keep posting these predictions based on your own thoughts but are easily disproven by simply by using Google.

Two of them that come to mind-
You posted that the NFL would start losing audiences because of wokeness.

Doctor Who will never leave BBC America and go to Disney+

And this is not a personal attack before you report me again, if you do not want to be proven incorrect, do some some research first and post links like I do.

Look at my above link
Netflix end of 2020-203 Million
End of 2021-221 Million
2022 ( not done yet)-223 Million

And the majority of subs lost, which they have gained back in numbers, was Russia due to the war and in the United States which has done nothing about Password Sharing yet.

Because you keep posting these predictions based on your own thoughts but are easily disproven by simply by using Google.

Two of them that come to mind-
You posted that the NFL would start losing audiences because of wokeness.

Doctor Who will never leave BBC America and go to Disney+

And this is not a personal attack before you report me again, if you do not want to be proven incorrect, do some some research first and post links like I do.
Lets wait for the password sharing plan to kick in