new carbon ui hopper experence app this morning

i understand you guys i know you guys dont like because of it be buggy thats why it is being tested right now,maybe next month would you classify dec as fall yea i know its winter.

Dish doesn't tell anyone officially that it will be out in "the fall". If a person called tech support or customer service, that answer is effectively made up.

Reactions: ChadT41
It'll be out when it's ready to roll out. The last thing I want is for them to release buggy code in an effort to get it out "on time" sometime this fall.

Besides, Scott mentioned that it was rolled out to the public accidentally. That tells me that the "this fall" timeline mentioned in the app was directed at whatever group the app was supposed to roll out to and not the general public. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble with the previous point. I would guess next year since a complicated rollout during the holidays has more downside than up.
Dish has been working on Carbon for the last 2 1/2 years. How much more time/testing do they need? Here is a video from May of this year showing how fast the Carbon was even at that time.

You would think that by now Dish has had enough time to fix any bugs that were discovered.

Why does he keep asking?
Because anticipation of new things to brings him excitement.

Of course once introduced, then it is on to anticipating the next new thing because old isn't exciting.

For the rest of us, we hope that the next release doesn't frag something that is critical to our enjoyment of what we're paying for.

Dish has been working on Carbon for the last 2 1/2 years. How much more time/testing do they need? Here is a video from May of this year showing how fast the Carbon was even at that time.

You would think that by now Dish has had enough time to fix any bugs that were discovered.

Are you predicting or suggesting it will be bug free ?

i agree with you they should have the bugs worked out by now and start rolling out to customers its like me i would like to have a 4k joey also we are waiting for that vivek.maybe they are waiting in time for christmas also.

Where was the release for 2 1/2 years ago? Charlie has also been trying to build a cell network for quite some time. Let it happen. It honestly is not going to change the lives of any. It is cool, and exciting, but not this exciting.

Where was the release for 2 1/2 years ago?
I was mistaken. Turns out Dish started work on the new remote more than 2 years ago, so it just made sense to me that it would've been when they started development of the Carbon UI as well. Video from CES 2015 below tells more.

If Dish wasn't about to release Carbon UI, then why are they using it in all of their new ads lately, like the Netflix ad for example.

Last edited:

It has been reported that:

Initially the new UI was just a new visual wrapper around the existing system core. And then they decided to scrap that idea and build it from scratch.

Who knows when that was and how far along they are in the group up development? God knows how many people will complain just because it's different; can you imagine the outcry if there are bugs at rollout, let alone showstopper bugs...

If Dish felt it was ready for prime time, we'd have it. We don't have it, so clearly they don't think it's ready (even if some believe that it should be ready by now).

A bad rollout will cost them way more in customer goodwill and press than a delayed release. Most people aren't on this website and have no clue about the new UI. Hell, most people probably don't have Hoppers and don't even know what they're missing from the current Hopper UI.

If Dish felt it was ready for prime time, we'd have it. We don't have it, so clearly they don't think it's ready (even if some believe that it should be ready by now).
Exactly. That's why I say it'll be coming next month after this software upgrade that Scott talked about. I think this 3 week software roll out is a pre-cursor for the Carbon UI.

Exactly. That's why I say it'll be coming next month after this software upgrade that Scott talked about. I think this 3 week software roll out is a pre-cursor for the Carbon UI.
i think also it is a pre cursor before carbon ui comes out i have not received the latest software release yet mine is still stuck on s525.

i think also it is a pre cursor before carbon ui comes out i have not received the latest software release yet mine is still stuck on s525.
I'm still on S525 as well. My Joeys are on S486 and Super Joey is S579. I'll get the update either the middle of this week or next. My receiver usually gets the update mid-week and later than others on this site.

I'm still on S525 as well. My Joeys are on S486 and Super Joey is S579. I'll get the update either the middle of this week or next. My receiver usually gets the update mid-week and later than others on this site.
scott says this is not the carbon ui software i do beleive him i hope this software preps the hopper with sling before carbon ui comes out.

It has been reported that:
can you imagine the outcry if there are bugs at rollout, let alone showstopper bugs...
No I can't imagine that because I know Dish wouldn't let that happen. They're the best in the business when it comes to cutting edge technology and have always been good when it comes to software and reliability in most of their boxes. Just go look at how buggy DirecTV's software is and all of the problems their Genie has had. I should know since I had used an HR-34 for almost 2 years. Their interface was much slower and buggier than anything Dish has had. Even their clients are slower than the Joey.

scott says this is not the carbon ui software i do beleive him i hope this software preps the hopper with sling before carbon ui comes out.
I know it's not for the Carbon UI. I just believe it's getting the Hopper, HWS, Joey and Super Joey ready for it. That is why all of them are getting an update.

I know it's not for the Carbon UI. I just believe it's getting the Hopper, HWS, Joey and Super Joey ready for it. That is why all of them are getting an update.
i am hoping that it is getting ready for it.i saw the you tube video you guys posted here so i am hoping it comes soon.enough oh i talked to tunein on their twitter page and they know about "wanitng to get their app on different platforms" so they are working on getting onto the hopper with sling along with iheart radio also.

Doubtful. Since its been reported that the new UI was rebuilt from the ground up. Seems unlikely they'd have to prepare the old software to be wiped and replaced by new software.
What you mean is "you hope it's the precursor"
Technically, as long as the new UI rolls out eventually, everything that comes before is a precursor update. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts