new carbon ui hopper experence app this morning

when tit comes everyone will be happy that it is here.
Except for those who aren't happy about obvious and measurable changes for the worse.

If it is cold, you can put on a sweater. If you can't see, you can don eyeglasses. If there is less coverage in the guide grid or the experience is significantly slowed for a significant portion of the user base, dressing up won't make up for that.

Reactions: Jim S.
If the Guide is only a 2 hour guide? Then nothing else is worth change
But if it's like the 722k where you can pick 3 different sizes which Increases or decreases the size based on how big you need the fonts, That is okay.

They showed the don't size change option to Scott during a video interview. The video is somewhere... Changing the font size did NOT impact the guide length though.

I don't think Scott will say, nor does he really need to. Just watch who doesn't ask (or can't ask) if we think it will be released tomorrow or the day after or the day after that.
It isn't as if this was the first thread where Carbon was anticipated. One particular user has mentioned it by name in 34 different posts in quite a number of threads.

Does anyone know (Scott?) if the 4k Joey can replace the Super Joey? Meaning, will be like a regular Joey w/4k and upgraded processors or will it be like a Super Joey w/4k and have the additional tuners? My 4k TV has the Super Joey on it now and we do not want to lose the additional tuners by upgrading to the 4k Joey.

It isn't as if this was the first thread where Carbon was anticipated. One particular user has mentioned it by name in 34 different posts in quite a number of threads.
No need to remind me of any of this as I'm not the one asking who was impacted. I don't know for a fact who it is, but feel pretty confident about who it is.

If the Guide is only a 2 hour guide? Then nothing else is worth change
But if it's like the 722k where you can pick 3 different sizes which Increases or decreases the size based on how big you need the fonts, That is okay.
One more time, what we have been shown was a 2 1/2 hour guide, not a 2 hour guide. Granted it ain't 3 hours but....

Reactions: Lt Disher
I don't see any reason to believe that you can't add a UHD Joey to a H/SJ system.
I know I can add it, I was just wondering if I can replace my SJ with it because I still want the extra tuners of the SJ but I want the UHD as well but I do not want to add anything.

One more time, what we have been shown was a 2 1/2 hour guide, not a 2 hour guide. Granted it ain't 3 hours but....
What are we getting for what we are giving up?

I suppose there are those who don't use the guide effectively but until they implement a much more convenient search feature, it is the best thing they have going without going on line.

I know I can add it, I was just wondering if I can replace my SJ with it because I still want the extra tuners of the SJ but I want the UHD as well but I do not want to add anything.
If you're hell bent on not adding anything, I'm pretty sure you will be disappointed. Linear UHD content is just too extraordinary at this point to warrant making big production commitments to it. Building one-offs or modular configurations is really, really expensive.

I take it a certain user who is clearly obsessed with Dish who ironically started this thread got banned from posting in this thread. Good, that user's obsessive asking was kinda getting annoying.

I hope the Carbon UI is released soon too, but I rather Dish takes their time with the release of it as others has said in this thread that this UI is built from scratch instead of the same codes and stuff as the old soon to be phased out current UI on the Hoppers/Joeys/Super Joeys that are currently being used.

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)