new carbon ui hopper experence app this morning

Initially the new UI was just a new visual wrapper around the existing system core. And then they decided to scrap that idea and build it from scratch.

Who knows when that was and how far along they are in the group up development?
If they started over and built it from scratch, I'll bet that would be a 12-18 month process .... if not longer. Anything shown in Dish videos (like the one linked above) could be fake or a simulation. Scott did a video with a Dish rep and the rep actually was in control. Was that the rewritten-from-scratch version or the "wrapper" version ? If it was the wrapper version and Dish started over after that, well, that's pretty hard to believe.

If the new UI is really being tested in the wild, but only by Dish employees at this point, it has to be pretty damn close to production-ready. Your everyday Dish employees aren't software engineers (no offense intended at all) that will do hard-code, thorough testing. The reason they are testing is a) it can be a reasonably sized group and b) they can "control" information that may be disclosed (with threat of losing one's job!).

i am hoping that it is getting ready for it.i saw the you tube video you guys posted here so i am hoping it comes soon.enough oh i talked to tunein on their twitter page and they know about "wanitng to get their app on different platforms" so they are working on getting onto the hopper with sling along with iheart radio also.
Here is another video from CEDIA 2015, a few weeks ago, which shows the Carbon guide with the new text font (at 0:39 in the video).

The new font is similar to the DirecTV Genie UI. The video also shows the new info banner which is different with Carbon. The videos also says that 4K VOD content is coming soon.

Here is another video from CEDIA 2015, a few weeks ago, which shows the Carbon guide with the new text font (at 0:39 in the video).

The new font is similar to the DirecTV Genie UI. The video also shows the new info banner which is different with Carbon. The videos also says that 4K VOD content is coming soon.

i did see this on youtube a little while ago thanks for posted it very much.

There is nothing that indicates this is a precursor. From what I have seen, it is just a bug fix. It doesn't even change the 10's unit which if that happened, I would say it could be a precursor. They have come out with atleast 4 updates since "summer". Again, it will be here "soon". Just leave it at that. Everything else is conjecture.

when tit comes everyone will be happy that it is here.i just hope that the 4k joey will be comin in time before christmas.hey guys does the 4k joey hook up ot the hopper?in the video it says the 4k VOD is coming how about 4k channels where can i find a list of what 4k channels are out there.i cannot seem to find one at the moment.any help would be appreciated.

when tit comes everyone will be happy that it is here.i just hope that the 4k joey will be comin in time before christmas.hey guys does the 4k joey hook up ot the hopper?in the video it says the 4k VOD is coming how about 4k channels where can i find a list of what 4k channels are out there.i cannot seem to find one at the moment.any help would be appreciated.
I'd be willing to bet that some percentage of people will complain simply because they don't like change.

Reactions: D. Manley
None on Dish, and none on DTV currently. Alan, the information you have, is the same information all of us have.

For some people, but not for others. If your box rec'd the app, that bug has now infected your receiver and Dish can't clean it off. The worst part is, this stops the new UI from working so those users will have to keep using the current software.
WOW, that's good to know!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447156571.243178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you asking me? You're the one who posted it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry about that i could not figured it out its like me going to the dentist to have my cavites filled i told the dentist when you go through the metal detector will it go off at the airport its a joke you guys.

Reactions: charlesrshell
For the first time since moving over to this software, I have used the thread ban feature which prevents a user from posting or replying to the thread. We have told the user when we know more we would let you guys know.

What I am hearing (do not take this from Gospel) is that YES DISH did release it internally to employees recently and that was to get feedback on it. Now it is my understanding they are taking that feedback to make additional changes to the software. DISH wants this software to be something you will be proud to show your friends and family and thus are taking their time to get it as perfect as they can for public consumption. Of course I understand that no software is perfect but they are working as hard as they can to give their customers the ultimate experience.

Secondly it is my understanding the new 4K Joey is ready to go, but since it was written on the Carbon platform and it can not be released until the Hoppers are running with Carbon.

In talking with folks at DISH they want these things made available too. But they don't want to put it out there until they and their testing teams feel it is ready to go.

When is that? I don't know but I can say is they are getting closer each and every day.

Remember the old saying... Good things come to those who wait. :)

In talking with folks at DISH they want these things made available too. But they don't want to put it out there until they and their testing teams feel it is ready to go.
That's how it should be too. They should be very, very cautious about giving any timelines at all on a release date. It should be released when it's as ready as practical - as you say, no software is perfect and likely never will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts